Week 3: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Paging @LF911SC

Just making sure you didn’t suffer a heart attack after watching your mortal enemy Baker Mayfield take the field and look every bit a high level pro QB and lead his team to victory of us.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

anyone who judges a QB on 2 quarters of play really has no clue lol. by your theory fitzpatrick is a better QB then brady

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Mortal enemy? Hardly, but keep trying. Maybe would work on a Browns board?

See the difference is, I know that their careers will be defined by more than a half of football. But feel free to celebrate.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just odd to see him even play competent football after I was being told post after post that he was going to be awful, that’s all.

5. GasedAndConfused

lots of QBs have looked competent in short stretches. eve sanchez, RG3, vince young etc. and all turned out to be busts. Give it 3 years and we'll know which QBs from this class made it and which didn't. remember when everyone was hyping winston and marriota? both are borderline busts now. deshaun watson was lights out last year in 5 games, and now that teams have film on him he sucks. everyone hyped garappolo after 5 games last year and this year he was not doing well and now is on IR.

Nobody hates baker, but the odd love affair for another teams QB here is just weird. I'm willing to bet 95% of people here could care less if baker winds up good or not, myself included. I'm only hoping darnold turns out to be good. that's the only QB i'm thinking about. I could care less what rosen and mayfield do at this point. they aren't jets. Allen i'd prefer to not be great as he's in our division

joe and LF911SC like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why is it weird? If we really liked/loved the player before the draft and wanted the Jets to draft him, why would he suddenly stop loving him just because he plays for another team? We're fans of the game as well. I root for all players in the draft to develop (well maybe all except those that the Pats draft, but that's another story LOL). I hate seeing players and people not live up to their potential, especially when they're supremely talented.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

8. GasedAndConfused

because he isn't a jet. if baker went to the pats would you still love him? how about the bills or fins? would you root for him to be the next tom brady and beat us for another 20 years like brady did? Yes it's just odd to be a fan of a rookie who isn't on your team unless your a fan of that specific college but even then it's odd. i remember some odd mizzou fan around jet forums that was slobering all over brad smith. I mena how many jets get the "fuck you" from fans for leaving the team. hell we all gave revis a big fuck you when we traded him despite him being the best CB in the NFL for like 5 years for us. You root for the jersey not the player and there was no reason to "love" any player in the draft until they become jets unless it's someone like griffen who you kind of have to root for because he's overcome so much and even at that i was just happy he got a shot, could care less how he does for his career.

LF911SC likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

only the jets lol. also they won't apologize to matthews for fucking him over on 2 sacks. NFL is funny

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you care a little.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Lol, it's funny when people say "I could care less" when what they really mean to say is "I couldn't care less."

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Some dudes don't get that we may be Jet fans first but NFL fans second.

As long as some of these guys we've been watching and following for a few years aren't on the Pats or Fins, why should anyone care if we like watching players from different teams?

If somehow Brees gets hurt and Teddy comes in, I'll take a big dump on anyone that denies me the right to root for the guy.

Same with anyone else I've liked in college.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

It makes them look dumb.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It happens often with auto correct.

I'm not giving him an excuse, but it happened to me the other day also.

When typing couldn't my phone often times corrects to could.

15. Falco21

I wouldnt call someone "dumb" because of a misspelling or misuse of a word on an internet forum. Predicting intelligence over keyboard strokes is not always the best gauge for how smart or "dumb" an individual is

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I used to make the mistake too until I realized why "couldn't care less" makes sense. BTW, I wasn't trying to imply that anyone here was dumb.

17. Falco21

No, I get it. I didn't say you were calling people dumb. I was commenting on another comment about it.

It is a common error but it also has other explanations as to why it may be said that way. Referring to someone as sounding dumb for it is not right, imo

18. Rollo Tomassi

It was a joke. Calm down Francis.

19. Falco21

OK Sgt. Hulka with the big toe

20. GasedAndConfused

eh i do it all time lol