Robbie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2018.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Anybody else think he's losing his appeal? He seems to be too soft for almost any short route.... And we can't just use him for deep routes... What should we do with him?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Right now we can't worry about replacing him. We have enough other concerns. He will be a RFA next season, so we'll still have him for another year, maybe two. If we can sign some FA WRs next offseason, fine, then we can let him walk, but I'd rather focus on signing Marpet as a starter, upgrading OL depth, adding a backup QB, adding a better/reliable TE, replacing Pryor, and maybe a CB or ILB before worrying about replacing Anderson.

3. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

People said the same about D Jax and several other under weight deep threats, Give Sam enough time for a deep route to develop and boom Robbie becomes a major threat again.

Jetsfansince2015 and Mr mittens like this.
  4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He’s been bad but DJax type wr are inconsistent. It’s too early to write him off after how good he was last year

5. cbman13

I mean after his last eff up, he looked like he was crying on the bench... Not sure I can stomach that again

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

A mediocre wide out is the least of this team's problems.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Robby Anderson***.

Nonetheless it's only been 3 games with a rookie QB.

8. cbman13

Two of those games he cost us points because he's soft as the tissue you wipe with just sayin

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yes correct - normally agree

But it could be argued he is the main reason for our 2 losses- he crushed key drives and shifted momentum bigly

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We would be selling low so I don't think we could get anything worth while for him this year.

Since he will become a RFA, we will probably put a 2nd round tender on him for a few mill unless does jack squat this year. I doubt anyone matches that, but then we essentially get him for another year on the cheap.

Unless things change, I see him being kept on as a cheap role player than takes the top off of defenses for the short-term. Should we acquire better receivers and/or Robby becomes a further nuisance then perhaps they just cut him outright. I don't see him with a long term future in this organization based on his attitude, size, and (now lack of) production.

Harpua, Cman68, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

This seems like a decent way to handle Anderson going forward. I definitely wouldn't want to invest a boatload of money on a long-term agreement - unless he expands his repertoire and becomes a more complete player. This involves bulking up allowing him to be stronger in traffic.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

DJax is not soft and is elusive with the ball in his hands. So unlike Robbie you can get him the ball short and he can do something with the ball other than fumble it.

NYJetsO12 and cbman13 like this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am starting to think that, Jets O still don't know how to use their personnel in hand to the maximum potential. I'd add Robby as an exhibit #1. If I had to add #2, I'd go with Q. [Enough with these fucking stupid bubble screens, Bates. Really.]

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He's Robbie Fuckin' Anderson right now - get to work, we'll worry about next year next year!

Cman68 and Zach like this.
  15. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Id hate to lose a player at any position with so much ability becasue we don know how to utilize his talent or we dont want to pay. In order to become consistent we have to nurture what we have and help it develop and grow.

NYJetsO12 and Mogriffjr like this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am of opinion that, Robbie Anderson should almost always play from the slot, with the split ends manned by Q and Kearse.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rale....are you saying Robbie has earned the esteemed "F'n" title? :D:D:D:D

Zach likes this.
  18. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Im sure they are concerned with what you can stomach

So having the ball stripped from you after having your legs knocked out from under you makes you soft? If you think he is who cost us that game you must not watch much football.

Again were you watching the Browns game after the two Crowell tds? Robby didn't cost us shit. A oline that couldn't stop a college team and a wet behind the ears QB
    who is struggling with the pressure cost us that game.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

... and Q is on pace for a career year. Next excuse?

FJF and Jets69 like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree strongly... Enunwa is a terrific slot receiver. If you put him outside because Robby Anderson can't handle it, all you are doing is taking away your best slot guy because your outside receiver is weak.

I also believe if Anderson can't take a hit without fumbling, then putting him in the slot where he will catch the ball in the middle of the field makes that worse. He's gonna get hit a lot more in the slot.

Bench Anderson and put Pryor or Peake in his spot across from Kearse if you have to. But definetely keep Enunwa in the slot. He's our only threat at this point