Week 4: New York Jets @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 21, 2018.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Only week 4 and the excitement and anticipation of yet another season has already gone down the drain in a hurry. It's ok to lose, but to continuously play with your collective heads up your ass is unacceptable on a professional level. Of course, this is making the wild assumption that the Jets are a professional football team.

As it currently stands, this team, and many others in the NFL, are unwatchable. For numerous reasons, the quality of gameplay in the NFL has diminished significantly and is only getting worse. Expect another bunch of stinkers on Sunday (including Jets vs. Jags), which is par for the course.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Who knows what is going to happen? The Jets might get demolished, but IMHO these games are just getting too bizarre. The Jets kill the Lions on national TV and then the Lions go and beat (rather handily) the Patriots tonight - sending the Pats to 1-2.

The Bill's also go and beat the Vikings (thought of as one of the best teams in the NFC) after looking terrible the first two weeks. It's just crazy. That being said, if I had to pick a score I would say Jax 28 - Jets 20.

#82 johnny, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Welcome back. Maybe.

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I just don't see how the Jets are going to score enough points to win. Unless we rip off two huge 70 runs like we did last year, I don't see the Jets getting in the endzone. We may hold the Jags score down, so I'll go 17-6.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think people are more optimistic about this game after what we saw yesterday, however we did man-handle their offense last year right? We lost both our games by a possession this year....

I guess if our defense can play good and our offense, limit mistakes we can win a low scoring game against them like 13-10.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Gonna need a defensive or special team score here. Either we win a close one or get completely stomped. I don’t think the Jags win a close one.

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

A win would be great but that sets the bar too high. My hope is to see Darnold complete some passes that are not WR screens or designed rollouts. Certainly, play calling is part of that and you want him to control turnovers. However, Darnold has to get used to pulling the trigger against tight coverage. This week presents a great opportunity for him to grow. Hopefully, they take advantage of it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The narrative that a team losing one week makes them less likely to lose the next is so ridiculous and silly. I wish someone would run the numbers on it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I think the Run Game has to be on point this week. Tevin Smith and Miles Jack are speedy smaller MLBs, if we can pound it with any success and tire them out, they will begin to step up on play action.

Maybe we actually run a RB screen or 2 as well?.........no, never mind, that's crazy talk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They barely beat a crappy NE and Giants team. We should wear our Titans throw back uniforms. The Titans own them.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Titans helped and hurt the Jets. Helped, because they showed the Jags are very beatable. Hurt, because the Jags will clearly not want to lose back to back home games and should be ready to roll on Sunday.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The flip side of the is Cleveland really screwed Jacks.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ha... it's pretty true. On point as always (although I hate those stupid "throwbacks" they need to throw them back to Betty Griffin House)
    C'mon down Mr. Biggs... I'll find an extra ticket for ya :cool:

but if you think that AZ shit is hot....

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I hope Bortles is puffin' reds and swilling Budweiser drafts at the Ritz the night before....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

We just saw underdog after underdog win their games yesterday.
    Those teams didn't go in feeling sorry for themselves, weren't satisfied just keeping the game close. They had a plan and executed and yeah in some cases got lucky.
    I'm not saying the Jets HAVE to upset the jags but I wanna see the right attitude from the team.
    That's really setting the bar low but if bowles can't get that done and Bates can't come up with something better than last week then yeah they can pack their bags

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m very interested in how they respond after a mini bye . This game is very much a crossroad for Bowles.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

As long as Darnold looks competent, I couldn't care less about a win.

I need to see more than just screen passes, and little dinks. I have no idea how much responsibility to put on Darnold, and how much to put on the OC for how ugly Thursday's gameplan looked.

TwoHeadedMonster and Kris 15 like this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This. A win is always nice, but this season really should not be about W's & L's. Sure, if Sam puts tg a nice game, than we obv have a better shot at winning, but I want to see less turnovers and a rapport with receivers not named Q. Enunwa.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gonna be another tough defensive struggle. jax has like 4 legit pass rushers they are going to blow up our o-line. we need to be creative on offense the good news is their offense sucks as well, espcially if fournette is out. their WRs aren't good and bortles is garbage. we should get a couple of INTs

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Welcome back.