#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

"NYJetsO12 said:
    That's exactly the problem Cman...low expectations>>>>everyone picks up a check and is on cruise control

High Expectations eg even just saying "I want to see a winning season" would be better

A slob like Bowls is jus taking advantage of this to be lazy..seriously

PEOPLE RESPOND TO THE EXPECTATIONS YOU PUT ON THEM"

I don't believe in banning people but that doesn't mean they get a pass for spouting that kind of crap. Your old enough to know when you're making a factual argument and a subjective argument. You're also old enough to recognize that post was borderline racist.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's a huge difference between being a "realist" and a redneck. You crossed a line. Man up and recognize it. That comment was totally uncalled for.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets should call me. I'm available (see title bar).

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s a “good ole boys” club. Those in the business push respect for their friends.

Todd Bowles is a nice guy and has been in this business forever. He has lots of friends and therefore they push this idea that he’s a good coach for him.

But the results say otherwise

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We have Rick Dennison on our staff, if we fire Bowles midseason he should be the interim HC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This I like. The sooner the better. Otherwise we will continue to stumble and at the end of a meaningless season win a few games agaistn teams that have given up already, and then we keep Bowles one more year.We need someone that at least holds the fort, and makes players accountable. Under Bowles tenure, I have a really hard time picking one player from the draft who has actually grown better and over achieved. Inexcusable. Mac might have stumbled on a good number of picks, but on all of them? If players are not developing is square on the coaching staff.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the problem with Bowles.

He don't give a shit...and why should he. He's gotten a nice contract extension. He doesn't have to report to anyone except the owners little brother (who's just happy to be involved).

Like Joe Benigno (sp) said...what gives anyone a reason to think that Todd Bowles can get this team to a Super bowl?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

BOOM!

You were right then and you’re still right today.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Bowles has taken this team about as far as he can given his skillset as a HC. The back to back 5-11's might not be an outlier after all. He has the extension and a rookie Qb as an excuse but still, LittleWoody has to look at the entire body of work and answer the question: "is this as good as it gets with this FO/CS?".. If that answer is yes......

#1169 Cman68, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    NYJetsO12, CBG, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Chris also has to figure out who he wants to replace Bowles. Does he want another first timer or does he want an experienced HC like a Harbaugh? And is he willing to allow Macc to make the decision? I'm ok with a first timer if it's an offensive minded guy who has molded a QB before like DeFillipo.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My preference is somebody who has been a HC before, and has had success, but finding somebody like that would be like finding Noah's Ark. Failing that, I agree with getting somebody who has a proven track record with offenses,

Cman68 and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

Little brother Chris is having fun though... Bowles job is safe

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It is absolutely essential that the head coach is accountable to someone. Whether that someone is the owner, a director of football operations or the GM, there must be accountability. The brothers Johnson are neither involved sufficiently nor competent enough in football matters to be that person. As of now there is no one in charge of football operations which leaves the GM to have control over the head coach. Since that was not the condition when the present coach and GM were hired here, it must change as soon as one or both are unseated.

Either MacCagnan remains and is given oversight of the entire coaching staff or MacCagnan is replaced and the new guy gets that control. The only viable alternative is to hire a football guy to actually run the team (keeping it set to automatic has not worked) and lead both the office of the GM and that of the HC.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I can't believe that it appears we might be headed back to square one but the definition of insanity ( IMO ) is what is happening right now within this organization

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Like giving Bowles year four after how badly he screwed up two and three?

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Little Woody is too much fan and not enough owner for my tastes. I don't think he's gonna have the stones to make the tough call on both Bowles and/or Macc. I think he's gonna let both guys finish their extensions record be damned so he can keep his hands relatively clean and his good guy image intact.

17. BrowningNagle

Yeah I think so as well. In 2 years Woody will be back anyway. Chris isn't going to do any firing, he's just having fun. When Woody comes back in 2 years we might see a coaching change mercifully, but then we are back to Woody Johnson's decision making.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Copy paste from another thread:

The Johnson’s have a sub .500 regular season record since taking over, but it’s because the bad seasons have been really bad.

9 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons, and 2 .500 seasons.

They’re 6-6 in the playoffs, getting us as close as we’ve ever been since we won it all.

They’ve honestly been the epitome of “middle of the road”.

I’m not completely sold that they’re beyond repair as owners. When they made they’re own hiring decisions they landed coaches who won but not consistently.

Bowles is the same scenario, only the other coaches all managed at least one playoff appearance. I don’t see that happening for him, which would make him the worst coach (from both a playoff and win percentage perspective) who had more than one season since Richie Kotite, and one of the worst multiple season coaches we’ve ever had.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The inherited a great team with a very good QB in Pennington. Parcells told them to hire Tannenbaum. Once they went through what was inherited it's been all down hill.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Jets and Great do not go in the same sentence ... sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.