Tank (Francesa) is the voice of reason - 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets-N-Terps, Sep 21, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you think this Brown's team is the same team that started the losing run ?

They really should have beaten the Steelers, they made Big Ben look shit but we lose to the biggest losers in sport, they just may well have turned the corner on their forever rebuild, they have certainly had enough top draft picks to do so.

0-18 what does the 18 represent, it can't be consecutive losses due to last weeks draw 0-1-17 ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This next bit is not directed at you but man this site after a defeat, he should be sacked, they should be sacked, he's shit, why play Darnald, did we draft the wrong QB, Mayfield was the one we should have got, thank god we Mayfield was picked first this time, so we won't have a Marino moment as he was off the board, Rookie TE drops pass, cut him, Robbie should not be on this team blah blah fucking blah.

Comments I have read over various threads since Thursday, some massive reactionary posts, I can't actually believe some posters thought we were ready to be a winning franchise, especially after the preseason game showed how crap our OL really was.

The only shock so far this season was the win over the Lions.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm confused by this post. How should fans react? Thursday Night was a flat out embarrassment all the way around. I certainly hope fans like yourself would not accept that kind of coaching and play on the field against a weak opponent, with a 14-0 lead, and playing a rookie QB who never stepped on the field til that moment. Seems like you are talking W's and L's but that is not why fans are upset. It is how it happened. Did you even watch? or just read the score in the paper? It is not as simple as the Browns are better and at home. Many thought that could be the case, but it was not. That would have been fine and acceptable. Same with the Dolphins game. It would be fine to lose to a better team, but that was not the case. The Jets kept making mistake after mistake shooting themselves in the foot. That is why fans are furious and rightfully so.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Saying Sam isn't as good as Baker, or Sam is a bust is a huge overreaction, but the firing Bowles talk is quickly becoming justified. It is the same things every week that plague this team... An ill-timed penalty, wasted timeouts, and the failure to make ANY adjustments throughout the game..

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If you are confused it is really two separate posts, above and below the helpful line :)

It was more to do with the same old shit trotted out by posters, sack him and sack him also, or that player is shit cut him, you do kinda get sick of reading it every day in every thread.

Again I have to say that you say that the Brown's are a weak opponent but they have some good players and are bound by the law of averages to eventually turn the corner on their forever rebuild, they showed last week that they were not the losers from the last couple of seasons and were ready to start winning, unfortunately for us this came in the form of an inspired Mayfield, it is a game of what ifs, what if that sack never happened and Taylor remained in situ, we would have won, our game plan was working very well up until that point, of course it is a great disappointment to blow a lead at any time or against anybody tbh but after all this time you would think that we could get the shit talk out of our system after a day or so, it isn't like it is a massive shocker.

Also tbh your little did you even watch comment is quite uncalled for, I didn't watch it as it kicked off at 1am, I woke up at 2am and checked the score we were leading and I went back to sleep my alarm went off at 4:30am for work and I was on the board reading the match day thread before I went to work, life of a fan abroad.

I barely missed a game last season due to kick off times being in my favour at 6pm.

Also the line about rookie QB etc, we have our own rookie QB and he kicked the Lions arse in game 1, in his first full game in the NFL so not sure why that is relevant and why it should have guaranteed the win.

Like I said if you expected this team to be a winning franchise this season then that is why you are disappointed, I didn't expect it so am a little less so, I greatly enjoyed the performance v the Lions, flat out did not v the Dolphins but after a quick rant and a fuck that, you can get back on track to being a fan again and let it slide to the next game.

You see posters only come on when we lose, delighting it seems in being able to unleash all their pent up fury, you didn't see some of them after the season opener, it is a strange world when stuff like that happens frequently and believe me it is not confined to just this site and sport.

#24 K'OB, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    jonnyd and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot you literally couldn't watch the game. Sorry. My mistake. You just sounded like someone who did not watch because if you did you would get why fans were so upset. I agree need to re-set after a tough loss. It is just a game. Losing to the Browns the way they did was tough though. You are also right with expectations. Mine were higher, so I am more upset. Haha. They are back down where they belong now. Should make the season easier to enjoy.

K'OB likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Mac has been a below average GM. Youre giving him way too much credit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I don't see it. I think where we sit today the team has good enough talent with incredible cap space...but terrible head coaching

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The talent in this team is not good. This team wouldn't be much better regardless of who coaching. This is a rebuild, it's going to take more than one off season with a rookie qb. Mac has a lot of misses in these drafts and FA. Not saying Bowles is great, but give blame where blame is due.

sackexchange and FJF like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And its not like we're just one or two guys away from being a legit contender either. We might be one or two units away in reality. We need a major influx of talent on all 3 units. We need OLB's, PR's, OT's, OG's, C, WR's to replace our UFA's at the end of the year. Macc has his work cut out for him and its probably gonna go into the 2020 season no matter how much cash he throws around. If the ROI on Johnson is any indication, Macc would be better off just piling the money up and burning it.

Jets81 and zace like this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We can't compete with this team, Darron Lee needs to go. It was an awful reach by Mac. We need legit players on offense. A whole new OL (if i hear false start 77 one more time i may scream). That's why I'm not so upset. We have no talent here, and expecting this team to play consistently every week is a reach.

JetsNation06 and Cman68 like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry man, but disagree to this extent. Our talent is not great, but good enough. The talent level is good enough for us to be 3-0 right now if we had a HC that can at least make the players play professionally, avoid such pathetic personal foul and extreme penalties and a DC with an ounce of talent that can make real time adjustments. Yeh, the Browns have a better D, but a good DC got them to play lights out from day one. We were out coached top to bottom.

12. Cman68

Our issues seem to reflect one of the basic tenets of life. Making bad decisions usually ends with bad results. Macc has to be a better talent scout period. One or two players per draft just isn't gonna cut it. This may be a situation where we've put the round peg in the square hole. I think Macc is better suited to be a scout. If he's gonna be a GM, there has to be a Pres of Football Ops to be a check on Macc.

Unfortunately for us, the Jets don't operate that way. We only hire first time HC's and GM's. We don't deal with prior HC or GM's and I have no idea why but I guess Parcells burned that bridge.

NYJetsO12, ColoradoContrails and zace like this.
  13. Cman68

We were out GM'd too.. Did you in your wildest nightmares ever think that Dorsey would have turned the Browns around quicker in 1 year than 4 years under Macc?

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Funny how other teams have had success with first time HC's and GM's. The question is how do we always get it wrong while other teams get it right. I mean, look at the Rams. Youngest HC in the league, might be younger some of than his players and never was a HC before. For the record, I'd like a young offensive minded coach such as DeFillipo if we're going the first timer route again. As for GM's, we should look at who is the personnel director for teams that draft well. Macc, IIRC, was director of college scouting in Houston, not director of player personnel.

15. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sam is talented
    Enunwa is talented
    Trumaine Johnson is 72 Mil worth of talent
    Adams is talented
    May is talented
    L Willams is
    Avery W is
    Lach Edwards is talented
    Anderson has talent
    Kearse is good
    Powell a beast
    Crowell is
    Even D Lee looks talented lately

The HC and CS are TRASH

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Then you're not looking at it objectively compared to the other 31 teams in the league. Mac has definitely been a below average GM and, more importantly, talent evaluator during his tenure here. He's whiffed on too many high round draft picks and plenty of questionable picks in the later rounds where the team needed to get young, talented depth. Francesa's right. This team still doesn't have any A level playmakers for Darnold. They're all 2nd tier guys. The talent level on the Jets roster overall is bottom 10 in the league. Bowles goes, Mac goes. He has done nothing to warrant selecting his own coach. Mac is a good cap guy. That's about it.

18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I agree on not having A level talent playmakers. But we do have good offensive talent overall. Powell-Crowell-Anderson-Enunwa-Kearse-Pryor-Herndon. That is good talent. It's not great but these are not just average guys. They're good players

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I need to see more from Herndon before calling him a good NFL player.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I called it back at Draft time that Dorsey made some brilliant moves for them starting with Mayfield..he will build up the Browns the same way he put together the KC team Reid inherited

Mac looks like an amateur learning on the job...pathetic

Macacgnan moved up to get Sam ...that could be his legacy because he is just average (at best)

ColoradoContrails likes this.