Discipline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Sep 21, 2018.

1. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I agree talent wise there is not that much of a difference form our starters and our back ups.

2. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Feels good to know im not the drunkest on the forum tonight. go to bed

Red Menace likes this.
  3. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I’d argue from Bowles perspective, he can’t afford to bench anyone with how little depth there is. The players know this.

4. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

The veterans need to lead. Trumaine Johnson’s contact being as much as it is means the young guys look at him and think “ dude is getting paid I need to do what he does” then He gets a dumb ass penalty that leaves the defense on the field. Crowell should have been immediately benched and so should Anderson with the killer fumbles. But the players know all Bowles will do is give them the same one clueless look his face has.

5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Bowles said the defense was "gassed". How many times have we heard that?

That's not an excuse. Get your team in shape coach! This team needs to be better conditioned!

6. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

We are 1-2 and just got beat by the browns who haven’t won since players started wearing helmets. How much worse could anyone’s backup do in reality?

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That is unacceptable. How many sessions they have after the season? Maybe training camp is too soft as the team. So with all the bad play the one guy called out is the physical conditioning guy.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  8. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

Exactly. Maybe when we play the evil empire he can ask Brady for alex Guerrero’s #

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

See if Aikman views Barry Switzer favorably. That should give you a clue.

Toilet Bowles has got to go. I've been saying this for some time.

I mean - yeah, maybe Mike Macc is that bad. Yeah. I get it. But you know what? Would that matter? With Bowles as HC, NOTHING matters. Seriously.

P.S. I think Kevin Greene did work his magic. They are showing a shitload of pressure every once in a while. [How many times did that happen last year? Can you say NONE?] If Bowles is shitcanned in favor of Greene, I wouldn't object.

10. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

This time we really need to hire the GM first and let him choose the HC.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

They had their chance. They blew it.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

More than enough reason to have him fired.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I am so sick of this excuse, going with the “3 games in 11 days” complaint. Guess what? The Browns played 3 games in 12 days - is that one day so different? And considering how few plays the Browns ran at the beginning (19 plays on the first 5 drives, which was definitely to the Jets defenders’ credit), why were they so tired? Maybe if you didn’t turtle on offense, maybe if you made Mayfield beat you with some man coverage, the D could have gotten off the field in the second half anyway, rather than allowing a 15 play drive to lose the game?

dogg, NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would rather clean house. No more defensive meatheads. Time for the Jets to come into the 21st century and realize that the game is geared for offense and stop trying to win games 3-0. Its not happening like that anymore. The 60's and 70's are long gone. I guess Bowles never got that memo.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The Jets will realize its an offensive league when it goes back to being defensive probably at around 2035

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I didn't want to quote the post because the original pics are too big, but forget about Todd Bowles in that photo. Look at Nathan Shepherd's face instead. It says it all. Shell-shocked, confused, and looking like he wants to put Todd Bowles in a choke hold. And fukk those green fukking pants. I'm probably out of syntax there, but if green pants can fukk themselves, I'm all for it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd argue that he can't afford NOT to bench them if he wants them to listen to him.

joe, boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How can Bowles NOT bench that fucknut Crowell?

Our head coach is all about treating players with respect...what about the 52 other players on the team?

He's disrespecting their professional efforts by letting this shit slide.

I hate to say it, and I used to view the Bowles haters as somewhat backwards, but I'm now in the flush Bowles camp.

Chris Johnson spoke about wanting to see progress. How is the way they lost the game to the Browns "progress" in any way?

Bowles has gots to go. We'll never get anywhere with this dufus at the wheel.

Ralebird, boozer32, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While a teacher or coach should be firm and disciplined from the start, and it's very difficult to change and try to become more firm, more disciplined later, it can and does happen. I know, because I made those mistakes as a young high school teacher and as a choral director, and I've seen a number of others successfully make that change as well. If a Jets player or players rebel, then Mac could cut/release or trade that/those bad egg(s) immediately, and others when the season ends. He and Chris Johnson could address the team and lay down the law and say that Bowles isn't the only one coaching/playing for his career, and that a lot of players better pull their heads out of their asses and start playing harder and smarter or a lot of them will find themselves out of work. If the Yankees could do it with a young Mickey Mantle, the Jets can do it with any crap player they have.

20. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I wonder if Bowles ever makes them run gassers or does anything to help the conditioning for the end of games.

Consensus around the country seems to be: undisciplined.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-bowles-hot-seat-cleveland-browns/1383934002/

Penalties are on the players, according to Bowles:
    https://thespun.com/news/this-nfl-coach-is-on-the-hot-seat-after-last-nights-performance

http://upstatecourier.com/this-loss-is-indictment-of-bowles/

Interesting comments from outsiders on Mayfield, Darnold and Bowles in the segment
    from about 8:45 to 12:15 and 33:26 to 34:02 here:
    https://985thesportshub.com/episode...ut-and-the-red-sox-clinch-the-al-east-hour-1/

Ron

NCJetsfan likes this.