#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Week 3:

Big fat F-

I can't defend Bowles any longer, the worst part it wasn't just the prevent D he was playing in the last drive, it was the fact that he cannot get this offense going with a talented rookie QB. He has to take the blame for the crap Bates has put out there the past 2 weeks. However, I also want Mac to pack his bags as well. To go into Cleveland and act like a bunch of jackasses on live TV. They really embarrassed themselves, talking too much shit, and not proving it on the field.

Not sure what offensive coach to hire, but if we do hire one, we have to get a defensive coach that won't trade the talent away. Just don't know whose out there... John DeFilippo should get consideration, but Jets need a guru at the defensive side of the ball to coach those young players.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The model is there. Look at the Rams and Eagles and now the Bears copying them.

You get a young, bright offensive minded head coach and a grey bearded disciplinarian on defense who has seen everything.

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I'm I'm done with this coaching staff. Tried to stand patient through the back to back losing seasons but this team just isn't showing any signs of progression. Same game killing lapses by the players and coaches for the past 4 years. Time to change it up before they ruin Darnold.

#1043 Kris 15, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think the taunting and dubassery of Crowell's celebration have me with you on this. He has no control of the players on this team. None whatsoever and its about time its ended.

Mac's band aid approach to the Oline is sinking the offense and IT may be time to move on their as well. Football is still won and lost in the trenches and we have failings on both sides of the ball there.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What a glorious morning! I wake up refreshed with renewed optimism for the future of the Jets!

There have been enough f’ing morons content with 5-11 seasons and defending Bowles that it was clear another 5-11 season would just be rationalized as a success and not an indictment of this moron who it has been clear since game 1 of the 2016 season has no business coaching in today’s NFL.

The Browns were undoubtedly going to win games this season but to be the first team to lose to them in almost two years is as embarrassing a moment for this franchise as any I can remember.

Now cue the apologists who will defend Bowles because it was a short week.

8. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Can we please just admit this guy is an assclown already ... Jets going nowhere with this leadership.

The culture has changed. hahahahahahahahahaha

Another embarrassing loss.

9. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

1000% agree... that was a revolting display and a testament to our "culture"

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  10. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Welcome to the Dark Side young Padawan

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think so many of you have this all wrong. The culture absolutely has changed = its worse !

Axel574 likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm all for bringing in a guy like DeFilippo who has molded a QB before. I wanted to give Bowles the Benefit of the doubt, but unless he turns it on the rest of the way this season, he should be a goner.

13. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

LOL... I didn't think it was possible for this team to move backward but here we are.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I was a big defender of him for a long time. I really did believe his lack of success was due to a talent ridden roster and below average QB play, but I am no longer defending him.

He was HORRIBLE last night. The team did not look prepared at all and ZERO adjustments were made. ZERO. Receivers could not get any separation, our offensive line was non-existent, offense struggled all game, play calling was horrendous, defense looked like swiss cheese, penalties were abysmal, and there was no control of players, at all.

All on Todd Bowles. Sam Darnold is SOOOO much better than he was last night. I can chalk a lot of it up to a 21 year old rookie in his 3rd NFL game ever, but Todd Bowles hurt him big time yesterday.

Fuck him.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Somebody pick up the phone and see if Bill Cowher will come out of retirement.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think many people had their eyes opened last night. I think right now you would have better luck finding a 4 leafed clover than a Bowels supporter . I would love to be wrong about this guy and be at a parade on Broadway losing my mind . Todd Bowels is not out coaching anyone not even Hue freaking Jackson !

rohirrim665 likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

After Crow did that celebration, I thought to myself it was too early in the game and we are going to lose because of that, we fired them up. Just play the fucking game, like you lost last week! Bowles let Tru Johnson just run wild out there on that 1 series, didn't bench him for a play or anything. It was just like Buster last week. Mac is going to get Darnold killed, he has no regard for his draft picks and was handed his best players. I saw a team that just wanted to try and bully the other team with taunting and acts of immaturity.

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

I decided to work from home today and I still haven't turned my TV on :mad::mad::mad:

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Pretty great game plan followed up by some pretty despicable behavior by some of the Jets players. The game plan on D went out the window when Mayfield came in. Pretty disappointing that we couldn't make an adjustment on D to stop him. It's tough to win games when you're overmatched at the point of attack on O and your D runs out of gas. I would cut Crowell today and bring someone in off a practice squad. His penalty didn't really hurt but it showed a lack of respect for the game, the opponent, his teammates and sent a message to the Home team. You can't tolerate that. He deserves a second chance, somewhere else.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It was amazing to see the defense getting tons of penetration and making Tyrod run for his life on every single play, then Mayfield comes in and suddenly they can't even touch the guy. It's almost as if the fix was in to hype Mayfield playing his first game and carrying the Browns to victory story (not that I'm saying that's true).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.