Same Ol Jets Are Back, Baby!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsUK, Sep 21, 2018.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I got pretty confused in week 1 when this team turned up pretending to be the New York Jets but I feel so much happier now that MY Jets are back and I can go back to expecting nothing and assuming the worse - I wasn't 100% sure after week 2 that the real Jets were home but I checked all the key factors after the Browns game:

- poor coaching with an inability to adjust - check
    - low scoring offense - check
    - defense unable to make a stand when it counts - check
    - QB throwing twice as many interceptions as TD - check
    - feeling deflated and disappointed at the end of most games - check

Yep, I am certain that the same ol Jets are back! Welcome home Jets, not sure what happened to you earlier in the season but you are back and here to stay!

2. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Cool story Hansel

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I am really at my wit's end with this team. How many more 5-11 seasons are we supposed to endure with this regime. If Bowles goes, Mac should go with him. This guy's piss poor drafts are as big a reason as any for why this team can't compete. Jets are a joke.

rohirrim665, CBG and JetsFan001 like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

They never left, JetsUK. They weren’t even wearing a disguise.

nyjetsmets89 and RPOZ51 like this.
  5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I agree, but I am sure the fans of many other teams feel the same way about their teams.

I have had decades of the Jets getting my hopes up, only to smash them like a cigarette butt under someone’s shoe.

That’s why I never get too high when they win, or too low when they lose.

I just hope the Browns don’t go 1-14-1 this year.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Maybe this franchise will move to the UK and Woody can manage them from there.

JetsFan001 likes this.
  7. sackexchange

I 100% agree. This is all like Groundhog Day every damn season. I decided years ago that I just can't live and die by this team the way I used to wjhen I was a kid. I used to smash shit when the Jets lost and I would let it completely ruin my Sunday. Now I'm just kind of numb.

As for the Browns, I really think this is a team that nobody wants to have to play. I was very worried about last night's game and not all that surprised that the Jets lost. I just can't get past the fact that we are four years in to Mac/Bowles and we're still the SAME TEAM. No identity, make dumb mistakes and penalties at the worst times, unimaginative play calling,etc, etc.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Begs the question: just how bad are Matt Patricia and the Lions?

Harpua, CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. As bad as the OL & edge situations are..the teams biggest weakness is coaching.Couldnt be more obvious.Sadly this will be over ownership’s head.

Its just never happening guys.It really is hopeless. Im going down w the ship but have zero hope for change. The team just does not prioritize winning the hard way

10. sackexchange

I wish I knew what it would take to give me hope. I thought a shiny new first round QB would do it but I don't think it's enough. Maybe if Darnold shows promise, it will help attract a real NFL Head Coach and GM. I mean, there are worse gigs than going to a team with a young, potential franchise QB with tons of cap space.

rohirrim665 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that the Browns have better talent than we do and are a better-coached team than we are. I knew last night's game would be tough. I naively still thought that the Bates and Jets of game one would show up last night in some form and that they would have a chance to pull it out. They could have, should have, and perhaps would have if Bowles and Bates had brains. During the first game, the Jets were uncharacteristically aggressive on both offense and defense. I wondered how Bowles would feel about that and if he'd allow it to continue. Bates may have turned chicken shit on his own last night, but I have a feeling that Bowles ordered him to reign it in as he did last year with Morton and that's a big part of the reason that Morton was fired...too much passing, too aggressive. Bates' play calling may be better if left to his own devices, but maybe not, but nevertheless, I can't help but believe that Bowles was responsible for last night's conservative shit show.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They were better coached yesterday but I think Bowles is a better coach than Jackson, which is not saying much. Cleveland has the advantage in terms of assistant coaches though.

Harpua likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wait a second,,,,,"Bowels is well respected around the league" and the players " like him " they "play hard and try " and " they never give up " they just " did not execute properly " = UGH enough already its 3 years and 3 games we have seen enough !!!!

westiedog1 and IDFjet like this.
  14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

hey, we launched Brady's career when Mo Lewis knocked out Drew Bledsoe

Why not launch Bakers career by knocking out Tyrod

at least hes not in our division

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Of course the same old Jets are back, this team isn't that good in general. Besides the fact that the coaching is awful, did anyone actually think this offense would be good? Who are the elite playmakers? Is there even one? We all know that the offensive line is bad. How about RB? Crowell & Powell are good, not elite. WR? Enunwa and? Enunwa would be a high end #2 on a good team. He's not a #1. TE? Who? Defense has its holes as well, but they've been good overall. However, you can't be on the field for almost an entire half and expect not to let up some points.

westiedog1 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Haley or Williams are both better than any coach we have in the building.

NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  17. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Less than a week ago this board was raving about the talent we had at receiver. It’s a joke, we consistently field below average players at skill positions and when a great talent becomes available for close to nothing (gordon), we don’t even make a phone call. Ugh.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

they never left

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I know, I was one of the few people calling for Josh Gordon in the thread when the rumors popped up and people all smug talking about his problems and how this team doesn't need help at WR. This team has no #1 receiver and hasn't for a while.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Brutal and disgraceful, embarrassing and demoralizing. This team is truly hard to watch, I am getting tired.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.