Mayfield looked like the second coming of Brees

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by floridajet1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. floridajet1

floridajet1 New Member

He reads defenses before the snap.

His quick release and understanding of where WRs are supposed to be is at a higher level than most NFL QBs.

Blitzing him = fast release and yardage gain.

Not blitzing him = you better hope it’s a RB draw for no gain.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Kid Looks good

Not mad at Jets

We moved up to get him but Browns were #1

Props to Cleveland

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Any qb can look good with zero pressure and wide open receivers.

Jets defense choked again.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Not a Jets thread.

floridajet1 likes this.
  5. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Did the Jets D use up their blitz quota in the first half? So little pressure on Mayfield.

JetFanInPA and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Jets defense isn’t anything special. Average at best. They get no pressure on the QB without blitzing. Mayfield could take a nap and still have time to throw unless they bring the house. Please get a damn pass rusher in here. We still haven’t had one since Abraham left. This team....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah it was weird how they all of a sudden stopped getting pressure and giving receivers much more space in the second half of the game. Maybe it was fatigue or maybe we suck. I am tired of caring at this point.

8. floridajet1

floridajet1 New Member

It’s just to make people feel better. I’m a southern Jets fan. Some of y’all need that southern calm after these losses.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Mayfield is just really good at scrambling. We got pressure on him, he's just mobile and extends plays.

No one fears our front seven when it comes to pass plays.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Receivers wide open all second half

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What really got me about this one is how the entire NFL and its fans wanted us to lose. We were the sacrificial lamb for the Browns to get their first win because we're also a crappy team. I saw so many people that I know joking about how bad this game was for them to have to watch. I was thinking then don't watch it you asshole. The stupid beer stunt added to it. We played our role really well in laying down for them to win. You couldn't have scripted it any better.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Thank god we didn’t trade for Khalil Mack.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh, ye of short memory - wasn't it just eleven days ago when the masses were petitioning for the coronation of one Sam Darnold?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They’re both gonna be awesome

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

For one game at least, Baker certainly looked like the better player. As someone who wanted us to draft him, all I can say is at least we didn't pass on him, we took the best QB available when it was our pick.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am 100% behind our Sam..but as Ive posted before BOTH of these QBs Mayfield and SD will be great

I am looking forward to some great matchups with these 2 (AND Josh Rosen)

That said, there was a number of fans here including NC and myself who banged the the drum for Mayfield and were sneered at

LMAO at those fools

Patriot likes this.
  17. floridajet1

floridajet1 New Member

Mayfield was a PLAYER at Oklahoma. He willed his team to win. Sam’s good. He’s just Sam. Kinda like Drew Brees and Eli Manning.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

how dare our GM trade 2 draft picks for an all pro in his prime ... the draft is so valuable who would know better than us I mean we keep dropping our second and third rounders year after year ... keep the picks !!! if we were a team who could draft anyone worth a damn I would agree ... but as we all know we can't develop anything or anyone so heck trade em all ! why are people so worried about money it ain't your money ... we should have kept teddy we were all set that sam would be our savior ... after one game it looked promising but then it all came down to reality but hey we have another third rounder that we can blow. people were saying that he is a waste being on the team, saying we have been starved for years at QB and now we have two ! well guess what we might be back to having NONE ... sam is still a rookie so I'll hold my thoughts on what he can become but seeing all those turnovers in college did not get me excited ... my guy was mason rudolph all along.

PS I wouldn't get all excited about Baker Mayfield last night don't forget he did it against the Jets the laughing stock of the NFL we are the new Browns ... our players who some of our fanbase think are great are actually just avg ... to pick in the top of the drat year after year and always go D and to think we don't have a single pro bowler.

it was the same with watson and prescott they all looked like fire in their first season yet if they were on the Jets they would have been still on the bench or throwing picks ... its the same old story year after year ... I mean come on our last FQB was Joe Namath

I knew all along the Browns would win because we have no pass rushers and their D would destroy our line, and kill Darnold. he pretty much had 1 second to throw on every play. not to mention Jarvis Landry kills us time after time.

hey defense wins championships still think we're winning ten games ??

now where do I start on the penalties and show boating ... ok nvm I need my laptop :)

#18 Jetsfansince95, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  19. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

He beat up on a todd bowles conservative defense with no pass rush. What an accomplishment

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Funny Jackson has games up his sleeve AKA Bowels these 2 just think they can outsmart everyone by not naming starters but they can't win