Sam Darnold Judgement

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Lets hope so because if they don't then there really is no hope for this franchise ever.

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He played bad against a good defense, it is what it is.

Keep in mind, if Taylor doesn't go down, we're probably looking at a win right now.

Who's to say that Cleveland isn't 3-0 right now if they started Mayfield immediately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m not blaming him...and Bowles/Bates did coach like a coward

But for all the things he can control I still don’t believe that he played well or helped the team much. He could have done a few things better

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

There really is no hope for this organization. The owners aren't viewed as good owners, with a good culture or pedigree of winning, and nobody wants to play or coach here. It sucks, but it's true.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I would love to see the view from behind on every throw. He looked like he just wasn’t seeing anything and then finally was just throwing it to a covered man but really just throwing it away. People keep talking about the play calling (“Go deep!”), but really the problem really probably is that those routes are not being run well by the receivers and when Sam is looking at the field he seeing no opportunity.

Not an excuse, he was awful tonight. Just what I feel is going on. They desperately need a stud receiver for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetstopgun likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes he could have, but he's a 21 year old rookie playing his third game trying to overcome shitty coaching, shitty OL and shitty receivers facing a damn good defense. If you expected him to be great every game you're not being realistic. This CS needs to help him WAY more than they have, and it;s clear they don't know how to, whihc is why they need to go away.

joe, IBLEEDGREEN17 and legler82 like this.
  7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Trade Darnold, Adams, and two 1st's to Tampa Bay for Fitzmagic!

FJF and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Believe me I agree overall with what the real problems are....Just don’t wanna give the kid a pass because everything around him sucked. He didn’t do his job well, no matter how tough the obstacles were

He can improve obviously but I’m just calling it how I saw it

9. ColoradoContrails

I think he knows it, and will redouble his efforts and it will pay off in the long run. But I'm now thinking he should sit until Bowles and Bate are gone before they ruin him.

10. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Really this game is mostly on Bowles. They went into their shitty scared defense 1 series after Mayfield came in.

Bates thought he could beat an over aggressive d with the short game, but without a line, or more than a single receiver, its pretty difficult.

Darnold had happy feet, when the heat was on. I find that unsettling

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jets81, FJF, Mark Lattimer and 3 others like this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wanted him to sit to start the season. The first game was an abberation. He is a rookie QB with no experience, O-line or receivers, sans Enunwa sometimes. As is common for the Jets, we are putting him in a position to fail and fail badly. I would sit him now and just play McCown. This team is going absolutely nowhere this year. Let him sit, watch, and learn behind a veteran. I just don't want to see him hurt or have his confidence crushed before he has a chance to be any good.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

That's football. We also got the Vikes and Bears coming. Gotta deal with it.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He did come away limping in the 1st quarter once. My heart almost sunk. This OL is an absolute trash - and that's an understatement.

NYJetsO12 and KWJetsFan like this.
  14. Mark Lattimer

Mark Lattimer Member

It's far too early to render judgement. Peyton Manning threw 2 TDs and 8 picks in his first 3 games, and he was working with a much better coaching staff (HC: Jim Mora), that wasn't feeding him one-dimensional game plans. Ideally, I would like to see the Jets sit young SD until such a time as the team brings some established professionals in to coach.

MowTin likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

After the the preseason and first game I thought he was good enough to overcome the shortcomings around him, but it's clearly obvious that Joe Montana and Joe Namath together couldn't overcome this shit show. I agree. Sit him and keep him safe until after Bowles & Co. are gone and get a REAL offensive-minded HC in here.

NYJetsO12 and KWJetsFan like this.
  16. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Are there any successful franchise QB's paired with strictly defensive minded head coaches? I was thinking the only one who is close would be bellichick but that's a major stretch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have 0 confidence they will. This roster has too many problems and the coaching sucks. At least we will have an awesome draft pick + New coaches by April.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I really don't have too much bad to say about Darnold....at the moment. He played...well...like a rookie. To be honest my only real concern is the turnovers as they were a WELL DOCUMENTED problem in college. However, my big issue is with all of the damn penalties.

We KNEW the o-line was shit...we knew that our linebackers were marginal at best and we knew our d-line was Leonard and then everyone else...we knew our RB & WR's were just barely average...however, when you compile ALL of that up...and throw on an ass load of penalties... We are not good enough to survive even ONE penalty...let alone personal stupid ass foul penalties! Bowles needs to stop sucking these guys off in the showers at practice and break a foot off in their asses!

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I find this funny since Fitzpatrick was my comp for Darnold throughout the draft process.

Jarrett Stidham 2017 Games Discussion Thread
    Post by: legler82, Dec 1, 2017 in forum: Draft

My updated review of QBs for the 2018 draft.
    Post by: legler82, Nov 11, 2017 in forum: Draft

Sam Darnold 2017 Games Discussion Thread
    Post by: legler82, Sep 30, 2017 in forum: Draft

Post by: legler82, Sep 11, 2017 in forum: Draft

Post by: legler82, Sep 10, 2017 in forum: Draft

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

No argument,,,you DO know your stuff!

How bad is passing on Mahomes looking now?

NYJetsO12 likes this.