#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Long past due that he and this organization finally get some heat from the media.

"But put this disgrace of a 21-17 loss solidly on the back of the coach. This was Todd Bowles’ baby. He is the one who has talked tough for four years about establishing winning cultures and accountability. We are still waiting for both. The Jets cannot wait forever. He is on the clock starting right now. This is unacceptably bad work.

"More and more, what is becoming evident is that Todd Bowles is incapable of making things right for the Jets. Put this one on him. For three years the Jets have been allowed to litter fields all across the NFL with awful penalties and idiotic behavior. The last two years they haven’t been good enough for it to matter much."

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's about time!

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be on the clock. Time should be up now. This is the kind of loss that gets coaches fired. He should have been fired last year. Each game that goes by now that Christopher Johnson doesn't fire him is increasingly unacceptable.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What is to be gained by keeping him another game? Seriously? Stability? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We've had all the stability we can stand!

jets_fan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

A humiliating loss to the Bills is the only thing I can think of.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Firing them both.

7. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Probably a Top 3 draft position.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is why I predicted Bowles would be canned going into the bye week last November. The problem is no one in charge has the balls, or maybe they just don't have the insight.

Tonight, unfortunately, I feel like some kind of visionary. Now all of a sudden guys are coming out of the woodwork agreeing with me that the earth is not flat. Welcome aboard the ship of despair.

#1028 Ralebird, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we fire Bowles midseason, who do we make the coach? Bates?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They won’t fire him mid Season. They won’t fire him at all cause they are dumbasses. But if they did midsession, you promote Rick Dennison to HC just to close out the year. He’s the grey beard on staff and he is not some Bowles lackey either

11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It would probably go to Mike Caldwell. I don't see anyone on the coaching staff that sticks out as an excellent replacement, but I would like the message to be sent that enough is enough. Nobody expected the Super Bowl this year, and even the playoffs were a stretch. But the way this team is going, Bowles has failed to make even an incremental improvement; the one thing we asked for. At least show everyone that he's capable of taking the team where it needs to go. Nope, just more backsliding. Let's see if Caldwell, or maybe Kevin Greene, or Bates has any clue of how to run this team better.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I know the following questions/concerns are somewhat insignificant in the grand scheme of things but I feel like they are microcosms of how poorly this team is coached. On that final drive, why didn't spike the ball after that long completion to Pryor in the middle of the field? Under a minute with no TOs and roughly 3/4 of the field away from getting a needed game winning TD, isn't time more valuable than downs at that point?

13. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Remember the “Fire Idzik” billboards of 2014? Well, those need to come back with Toilet Bowels name on them.

NYJFOREVER and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Tyrod Taylor has a winning record against Todd Bowles' defenses and as yesterday showed he's God awful.

15. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

So rookie QB comes in and starts carving up your zone defense? Keep playing zone? Okay got it, thanks Todd.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The fact that they didn’t start jamming the receivers off the line when mayfield came in was absurd

FJF likes this.
  17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Bowles sucks. terrible display of reckless and stupidity on the Jets..

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Completely independent of inexplicably playing possession on offense and prevent on defense the whole second half, the penalties and personal fouls alone in this game would be enough for me to move on from Bowles.

How embarrassing is it to have a player wipe his ass with the football and then do nothing the rest of the game?
    The same guy who tweeted a picture of shooting pig cops.

Maccagnan seems to be a cerebral guy. I never understood the partnership of these two.

Just as we had our search for our franchise QB (which I’m not even sure if we’ve found anymore) we need to commence our search for our franchise coach.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Time for a billboard

20. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Bowles did at least one clever thing. He guaranteed his job for the rest of the season by building a coaching staff so full of boobs that there isn't even one legitimate candidate for interim head coach.

Ralebird, NY Jets68, PabloJa and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.