Penalties

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Can someone please....PLEASE bring me off the ledge about the penalties! I mean...really...TWO personal foul penalties...damn near back to back at the end of the first half!

This is the most obvious barometer of our coaching staff.....and it isn't looking good.

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

The ledge is Bowles

Until he is gone

The ledge is there

The guy is a joke

SOJ

PabloJa, Ralebird, LAJet and 6 others like this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We should have tried to step on their throat and looked to go up 21 pts, but we got conservative and stupid (again).

4. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

When you are forced to have a post game press conference and you are the head coach who after every game has to talk about stupid penalties their is only one conclusion that can be made, the players are not listening and it is time to get someone who will make them listen or else.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When you don't mete out consequences for penalties and stupid plays, you're going to continue to get them.

EDIT: Why the hell was Crowell allowed to come back into the game without sitting at least a series to send the message that wiping your ass with the ball isn't tolerated? Please don't tell me "Well you shouldn't have to tell someone that" because OBVIOUSLY you have to tell Cro:mad:well that!

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

As bad as the o-line is they just make you cringe all the harder with these false starts in session.

Or, the Claiborne/Skrine holding penalties that seem to be inevitable every game on 3rd down when we really need a stop.

OR, the pure lack of discipline with the taunting.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Isiah Crowell can go fuck himself. He knew DAMN WELL that he was going to get flagged and he did it anyway. He announced to every teammate that he doesn't give a fuck about them. I would send a message and bench him for the Jax game. Who cares? We're not going to the SB ... so at least let these guys know that selfishness and stupidity will not be tolerated.

EDIT - in fact he should have been benched immediately.

Cman68, tiger8mush, PabloJa and 9 others like this.
  8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I have to agree here! Really? I hope that guy doesn't have any kids because I'd really like to see that conversation! "You see little Timmy or Tammy...daddy is not sure WHY he wiped his ass with the ball and looked 5 years old on the field...he just felt it was time to penalize his teammates for helping him score!" Fucking dip-wad!

These knuckleheads better learn awful fast that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH to survive even ONE penalty...let alone a whole assload of stupid ones!

9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Bowles must get paid per penalty. Only explanation for why this is still an issue under his watch, other than, of course, the fact that he's the worst head coach in the league.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Bowles will probably get an extension after this game.

Chrisiue and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Well since my thread was deleted- for no good reason

I'll say it again

Belicheck benched a good player in the Super Bowl! The Super Bowl!!!!!!!!

Even at risk of a loss, because he's a real coach and a real leader of men. And a man with real leadership.

Bowles should have benched Crowell after that penalty.

But he didn't.

Spineless jellyfish.

Fire him

Frenbar, 94Abraham, LAJet and 4 others like this.
  12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Trumaine Johnson, ladies and gentlemen! Our free agent star!! The guy goes out of his way, literally walking around people after the whistle, in order to hand the ball to the intended receiver on the Browns sideline after third-and-long was incomplete at the end of the half. For the express purpose of incurring an unsportsmanlike penalty which gave the Browns first down instead of fourth and long. Which extended the drive and put points on the board going into the half, and which demonstrably fired up the Browns players and fans, completely changing momentum.

I'm a little concerned that Johnson is underpaid. I'm starting a GoFundMe page and I'm asking all of you to donate half of your retirement account to make sure he's comfortable sleeping tonight.

apjbfc and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If I'm the Jets coach, I call Crowell and Johnson into my office and I ask them to sit down. Then I ask them so sit a little closer. Little closer. Closer.

Then I bang their heads together as hard as I can, walk out, strip naked, burn my clothes in the parking lot and drive to the beach.

#13 twown, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Jets_Grinch, sozopol, Frenbar and 3 others like this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I would actually respect him if he did that.

15. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

If you're a grown adult and a professional sportsman, but you need a coach to tell you to stop giving penalties away, then I'm sorry but the problem is with you the player, not the coach. These guys aren't children. Why can't they be made accountable?

I'm not Todd Bowles biggest fan and I certainly don't think the rebuild is going as well as I would like. But at some point, these players have to take accountability. Also, it might be different over in the States, but in England, if a player in the EPL keeps giving fouls away or doing things detrimental to the team, he's going to get his teeth punched in by his team mates on the training ground before any coach gets involved. Where are the so called on field leaders of this team and what are they doing to stop the repeated offsides, personal fouls and just dumb penalties that just keep costing us game after game.

Until these guys take accountability for their own actions without the threat of a fine or missed game time, nothing will change. No matter who the coach is.

mezzavo and sozopol like this.
  16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Stay on the ledge....bowles is the constant in years of undiscipline, penalties and horrible losses

17. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

The taunting by Trumaine was ridiculous. We're not good enough to taunt. That taunt was essentially a turn over. We had all the momentum at that point in the game.

18. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

It's almost like penalties are always a problem. There were too many in the blowout against Detroit, but since we won big it was swept under the rug.

19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

i can deal with aggressive penalties (i.e. roughing the passer, horse collar tackle, hit on a defenseless WR)

BUT false starts? Unsportsmanship? just f*cking stupid and cost us momentum in that game last night

how many times was it 3rd and long and we commit a dumb friggin penalty?

mezzavo likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What do you expect them to do?

Voluntarily bench themselves?
    Give their game check to charity?

Say ten Hail Mary's and flagellate themselves?

It's up to coaching to set the tone and set the rules.

Leaving it to the players is a ridiculous concept.

fggrimes likes this.