(For Fun) AB not happy in Pitt, trade a 1st and a 3rd for him?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by STARoSCREAM, Sep 18, 2018.

?

Give up a 1st and a 3rd for AB ?

1. Hell yes!

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Hell NO!

31 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. It would cost more than that

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Just read that Pitt would have to eat $28 mill in dead money if they trade Brown ...so its not even likely he's moving.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am purely insane according to some on the board. I don't see any reason Pitt would eat 28M in dead money just to trade AB away, but if they DO decide to eat that, I'd guess they'd ask an arm and leg (at bare minimum) to trade him away. So I don't see why the Jets should try to be that sucker - but then, I am purely insane. What can I say?

FJF likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Of the last 15 Super Bowl winners, did any have a receiver comparable receiver to AB?

Both ability and salary.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Wrong.

It would be MUCH easier.

5. TwoHeadedMonster

BS.

There are a whole lot of people out there who have AB on their fantasy team, and they'd vigorously agree with that sentiment--or any other that would keep him on a better team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say anything about AB. I said that nobody outside of Jets fans consider the Jets WR’s to be any good.

What part was BS?

#46 Jets81, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your way of thinking is the only one that's insane and shows what little understanding you have for the game, for where the Jets are in their rebuild, and for the Jets needs. Giving up 1st and 3rd for a 30 year old WR for a rebuilding team? That's nothing short of mind numbingly stupid, particularly when we have major needs on the OL and at edge rusher and already have no 2nd round pick next year. This team isn't a playoff team that's one playmaker away. Brown is also a diva and a headcase, and that we don't want or need in the locker room.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Building a winning football team isn't just about assembling an all-star team. Football is a team game. Yes, it's exciting to think about having a great RB or a great WR or a great pass rusher on the Jets, but when it would cost multiple high picks just to get the player, and then he has a huge cap hit, and you have to sign him long term, and he's already at least 27, then it's just a fantasy-type idea, and not reality. Those kinds of trades almost never (and maybe never) work out. Some of you youngsters are thinking with your little head instead of the big head that sits on your shoulders, and you need to spend some time studying the history of the NFL and how teams are built.

The realities are that the Jets are a rebuilding team and still at least a year away, if not two, from becoming a playoff caliber team, and that's if their young players continue to develop and this year's rookies pan out and develop. They are not a stud WR or RB away. The OL is pretty awful, especially the left side of the OL. We don't have an edge rusher. We desperately need an OLB who can get consistent pressure on opposing QBs without blitzing. We don't have a 2nd round pick next year. Unfortunately, it's not very likely that we're going to be able to do much to fix the OL in FA. There just aren't the players at LT, OG, C and RT that would provide big immediate upgrades outside of Ali Marpet, and he may not even make FA. There are some RTs who may be better than Shell, but may only be better than Qvale. Upgrading the depth will help, but we still need to upgrade our starters. We may be ok at RB with Crowell, McGuire and Cannon, but adding a good RB wouldn't hurt. We have good depth and some good players in our WR corps, but no stud or true #1 type WR. Lee and Williamson could be upgraded. Right now Herndon and Leggett are looking like busts. Tomlinson's overrated, and Sterling, while the best TE we have at the moment, is only above average. Claiborne may not be back. It remains to be seen how well Trumaine Johnson plays this year. We could need at least one, if not two, starting CBs by 2019, never mind 2020.

In short, this team has lots of needs and isn't close to being a playoff team. Therefore the idea of trading multiple picks for a big name, star player on another team is simply not wise. We need those picks. Claiming that the draft picks aren't worth much because we don't draft well anyway is NOT a rational reason for making such a trade. It's not the way you build a team. Numerous teams have tried that approach and have been bitten in the ass by it.

9. TwoHeadedMonster

Anybody who has AB on their fantasy team wouldn't want him going to the Jets, therefore they'd support the argument that the Jets' WRs are great, and that the Jets shouldn't offer to trade for him, regardless of their knowledge/opinion of the Jets' actual WRs capabilities. If anybody in the media suggested that the Jets were about to make an offer, these people would vociferous. Therefore, it's BS that such folks would be hard to find.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I could just as easily say that those same fantasy football fans would argue that AB’s productivity would simply fall off by him being traded to the Jets. That’s a much more reasonable (and much less embarrassing) argument then the Jets don’t need him because their receivers are great.

So yes, you’d be hard pressed to fine anyone outside of Jets fans who would argue that the Jets are set at WR.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

What? The Jets don't care about AB's fantasy points. The fantasy guys aren't making the trade.

This was a fairly simple lame joke, and you've completely lost it.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I apologize, but for some reason I could see you seriously making that argument.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I mean, well. Take yourself back in time. Back in the spring of 2017. Same people could have been screaming "Sign Cousins!" for all you know. We didn't even have a legitimate franchise QB back then. But Jets can't draft, and draft picks are trash, right? [Hmm]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

AB is great, but unless he can play wide receiver, left tackle, and left guard simultaneously, he's not getting us to the Super Bowl.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And pass rusher.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Steelers have a golden reputation when it comes to picking players but man it's starting to look like they draft guys of questionable character A LOT.

Santonio Holmes. Brown went awol for a day a couple of days ago. Bell is holding out.

I guess when team wins lotsa games all that stuff gets swept under the rug by the media.

If Brown gets upset enough to go awol for a day after a loss what'd happen here after a 5-11 season?

Oh my!!!

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And Plaxico shot hisself in the leg.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're describing Bronco Nagurski.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Trade a 1st and a 3rd for a receiver??? Really????

20. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He's "pissed off" because they aren't winning games. I don't think this would be the best destination for him