Jets worked out Will Beatty today SIGH

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Sep 18, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case. I think they expected Beacham and the unit to play together, and they greatly overrated the abilities of the players they had. I think what he's doing now is damage control. Trying to see if he can upgrade any position (starter or depth) for this season, then I expect a major overhaul of the OL beginning in 2019. If not, then Mac should not only be fired, but shot.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Tom, I love you guy, but think you're wrong here. Mac definitely deserves blame, but I don't see how you can possibly absolve Bowles. I'm sure that Mac and Bowles talk and Bowles has placed a priority on defensive players in the draft and in FA. I'm sure that Bowles probably told Mac that these guys could handle the job this year. If Mac doesn't dramatically overhaul the OL in the 2019 offseason and Bowles is still around and complains, then I'll agree with you, but until then, I think they're both to blame.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're probably right...but Mac is SUPPOSED to have the final say on draft choices...I just don't understand how the guy got to be an NFL GM year after year ignoring the one position (OL) where you play the most players at a time. Bowles as coach SHOULD demand better from him and as you surmise he probably keeps begging Mac to draft elsewhere. I'll say it again though--IMO the jets will not make the playoffs with retreads and low round picks on the OL--You have got to invest at least once there in every draft, and I don't mean two 5th round picks in 4 years. Just surprised that the idiots running the asylum took 4 years (and counting) to appreciate that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.