(For Fun) AB not happy in Pitt, trade a 1st and a 3rd for him?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by STARoSCREAM, Sep 18, 2018.

?

Give up a 1st and a 3rd for AB ?

1. Hell yes!

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Hell NO!

31 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. It would cost more than that

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What's NOT to understand? The Jets are a rebuilding team and not ready to seriously compete for the Lombardi Trophy. Brown is 30 years old. Even with Brown, the Jets aren't likely to win 8 games, much less make the playoffs. The Jets have glaring needs at LT and edge rusher, in reality their whole OL probably needs to be upgraded, they don't have a 2nd round pick in next year's draft, and you think it's logical or rational to trade our 1st and 3rd round picks away for a diva WR who is 30 years old? Sorry, but that's just completely laughable. I'm not one who usually labels threads as dumb, but this one certainly is. It shouldn't even be a passing thought in any rational football fan's mind.

jetstopgun likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You obviously don't think the O-line needs to be addressed first. If you did, you wouldn't have even created this thread, because if you traded our 1st and 3rd next year for Brown, the Jets would have no high draft picks with which to try to upgrade our OL, and we already know that probably at best, we'll be lucky to sign Marpet as a FA. There will be no quality LTs available in FA, and the RTs who will be available may be no better than Shell.

Our receiving corps is fine for now. Brady makes a subpar receiving core work just fine. If Darnold's the real deal, then he can do the same. Regardless, if he has no time to throw or is on the sidelines injured, it won't matter how good our receiving corps is.

CotcheryFan, jetstopgun and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Santonio, Antonio, too many Tonios! I'm sensing a pattern! I had my damn tea leaves read today! Idiot psychic said I would get a Steinway piano dropped on my head off a 10 story building on 84th Street if I like this idea! As if I don't have enough brain damage! I don't like it! It's the same psychic Nancy Reagan went to! We're all gonna die!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

4. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

At first I said yes but had to change vote did not realize he was 30 already. If he was younger I’d say no doubt but 30 kinda old for that much money and picks. Even if he has some all pro years left. About time team catch’s up to his level he will be on decline

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he doens't want to be traded he was just lashing out at that writer like he always does on social media. I also wouldn't give up high picks for a 30 year old WR even if he is the best in the business

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

NO to Divas!!!

jetstopgun likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For God sakes, we need our misiely picks, every one of them and then some to find OL help and a bonafide OLB

jetstopgun and Jets81 like this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

why not? how many of our first round picks actually pan out? half if that? you wouldnt lose Couples or Milliner and a 3rd for a top tier WR - someone like Julio Jones wouldnt be worth that?

#28 JetsUK, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you could just as easily find a list 3 times as long of terrible first round pick and 3rd round combos

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  10. Not a long term fixture..no thanks.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sorry but trading away picks based on expected failure is a loser mentality

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

NO WAY am I giving up a 1 and 3 for a WR the wrong side of 30. I am all in if they use their 1 and both 3's on O line this year. That and a legit pass rusher are way more of glaring holes on this team the way it's currently constructed than WR...

jetstopgun likes this.
  13. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

I also thought AB was 2 years younger. I'd still give up a first for him. Having someone as reliable as AB would only aid in Sam's development.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sorry but trading away picks based on expected failure is a loser mentality

stinkyB likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Great player
    Bad fit (at this moment)

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No Levian Bell and no Antonio Brown???

I've hated Pitt for 40 years but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell they release this30 year old egoist to an AFC team

Plus the cost would be prohibited..not smart and not happening

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look. That shiny chassis of your car won't do you any good when your engine is defective.

18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

AB may be the best WR but he's having temper tantrums on the sideline and now sitting out because they won't feed him the ball. We don't need that in the lockerroom. So many guys are willing to overlook this and play it off because he's amazing at WR. I'm not. We don't need that type of attitude. It's going to do us more long term harm than good.

jetstopgun likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You’d be hard pressed to find anyone other then a fellow Jets fan who would agree with you.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Anyone saying NO to trading for Antonio Brown is purely insane. It's the same contingent of Jets fans who say NO to every talented player presented to them for some obscure reason. AB is the best WR in the NFL hands down. And there are actually Jets fans saying no. All 31 other teams would say yes, so really stop the crazy talk. I don't care if our WR room has holes or not. You trade for Antonio Brown for a 1st and 3rd all day long and figure it out later.

Either way, he's not being traded so it doesn't matter.