Browns to Cut Josh Gordon (Traded to Pats)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Sep 15, 2018.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Considering how bad their receivers are and how little he's getting paid, even if he stinks the Pats can sit him for a game or two and get back a 7th round pick and lose almost nothing. I think there's definitely a decent chance that he adds very little to the team that couldn't have come elsewhere, but the cost is still very low. And as I noted above, they can have him for a minimal investment next year as well.

The only way this really doesn't work out for them is if he costs them game(s) with lunacy on the field, in the locker room, etc., and that seems unlikely given that team and that coach. Albert Haynesworth didn't work out for them on the field, but he didn't cause any trouble, so the only cost was a fifth-round pick, just as would be the case here.

Patriot likes this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Minimal downside for what could be a maximum upside.

3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Welp, the Patriots just got tougher.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it's an incredible pick up for the Patriots. Gordon is an outstanding deep threat. That's the missing piece for that offense. Gronkowski will be doubled, PEDleman when he comes back will clean up the middle of the field and Gordon will be 1-on-1 on the outside.

Patriot likes this.
  5. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Yes we got smoked in Buffalo week 1 of '03, then San Deigo spanked us early in '05 and brady's defense of the team against Coach Schottenheimer "he does not know our team", or something to this effect, Brady kind of went awol, then '14 KC week 4 was not pretty, neither was last years opener against KC.

So a few times early in the season we got spanked and look awful.

Time will tell if we can turn this around and be solid or something less than solid.

6. Yeah for sure youve had some early season losses and always bounce back. Just dont remember ever seeing body language like that in a non eliminating situation esp early in the season.That was dejection & disinterest. Bares watchingbut the track record suggests its wishful thinking on me & my PTSD’s part

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

3 months in hair follicles

Patriot likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Look at you Mr. Mind Always in the Gutter! Keep your sex things to yourself you sick pervert! Who wants to read that!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Hahaha my phone must have put down the wrong word, and I didn't check it. I just saw it all confused.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Josh Gordon Pregame in Pats locker room!

[​IMG]

Patriot, FJF, mute and 2 others like this.
  11. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I hear yah. There are a handful of folks up here that think this might be an off year, the closing of the window too. True one looses the head to head tiebreaker if the Jags and Pats have the good fortune to make the playoffs, but sometimes i wonder if the Pats do not mind losing a game that was not that winnable (kind of reminds me of the loss to GB the middle of that killer midseason run in 2014). So i wonder if the pats and players we resolved with the loss, the heat, and lets get out of dodge without any more injuries. And yes there was some apathy on the players to just get the game over with . . . and maybe the extra apathy you mentioned is that players know this is a sign of the rest of the reason.

Moving forward it should be interesting. We will have to wait and see how apathy is going forward and if it continues. Also, do we have the talent to put some wins together. Hopefully Gordon can do okay but we have had other come through and not catch on. Be nice to get Edelman, but still need to see what happens.

Be nice to see the Jets string together some wins with their new QB Sam Darnold and more importantly if he can develop into a solid franchise QB, that would be great.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Thanks for being nice about Darnold. Sportsmanship and all that; and while I appreciate the sentiments, I readily admit that you're the bigger person here. Even if I had wood splinters getting shoved under my fingernails while shackled to a chair in a torture chamber would I ever wish the Cheats luck. I should try to work on that. Self-improvement . . . personal growth . . . flaky new age feel good bullshit books . . . expand my horizons. I lied.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make some good points. Also remember by putting him in the roster you prevent another player who might have been a diamond in the rough from being developed. In a 53 man roster these days every player matters.

14. Patriot

PEDleman? Wow that is rough. Are you sure you are not related to Don Rickles?

I must admit very clever and funny.

15. Patriot

Since I don't have much hair left, I don't have to worry about it I guess.

16. Patriot

It is never to late to deal with your flaws, insecurities, feelings of guilt, gluttony, greed, lust, cockiness, cruelty, etc. This is why we have shows like Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer, so you see people more miserable than yourself and then you realize you are not so bad after all.

As to lying to do you tell the truth even when you lie?

17. Patriot

Dude you are not up with the times. Have you not heard of a vaporizer? You need to change your video.