Week 3: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yup well said.

You don’t keep a coach 4 years just so he can lose to a team that hasn’t won a game in 2 years

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Common sense, but Sam and the Jets need to start better. Can't dig a hole early against a talented defense like the Browns. Everyone focuses on Sam, but the Jets Defense needs to win this game. They have a much easier match-up against the Browns O, than the Jets O does against the Browns D.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What's a bulletin board?

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

just a few days away

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Haha. It’s kinda like twitter, I suppose.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

https://www.b98.tv/video/hyde-hare/

Them Jets. Yep. 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde', Robert Louis Stevenson was a prophet. Since @Red Menace mentioned it and I couldn't see his link (which I'm sure wasn't this), I just had to post one of the most genius cartoons ever to hit celluloid. It would've made Lon Chaney Sr. proud. But yeah, the New York Jets 'personality' to a tee.

EDIT & P.S.: Damn it, the one from vimeo embedded, but it didn't have audio. Sorry about that, I had to replace it, but it's 'Hyde and Hare'. You have to hit the link above instead. Rats.

#106 jetophile, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Red Menace likes this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I had a GIF of Dr. Jeckyl morphing into Mr. Hyde but I guess it did not allow me to paste it. So I went with second best picture of a classic cult movie...”Jekyll and Hyde together again.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate? Which people should be censored? What kind of thoughts do you believe should be banned? Since there have been no books written about this season yet, are there certain newspaper or magazine articles you'd like to see burned? In the digital age how would someone hold a book burning anyway?

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Raises the question though: . following a big road win,. why did the Jets once again play so badly?

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I dunno, I reckon some of us wouldn't be surprised by a defeat. Disappointed, yes... surprised, no.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm happy we get to follow up a loss on a short week. i'm sad because Cleveland looks good. Their D is legit. they beat up big ben into one of the worst games of his career and held the steelers high powered offense in check. I thought it might have been a fluke or ben had a bad game, but they came back and did it to brees and the saints this week. They are going to be a tough D to score points on. we can't waste opportunities. The positive is their offense even with the new weapons sucks and they couldn't light up the poor pitt D and NO D (saints are ranked 29th and steelers 25th. saints got lit up by fitzpatrick and steelers got lit up by mahomes) So we'll need to win this on defense. Jets D is currently ranked 5th in yards per game, 1st in INTs, 18th in sacks, 8th against the pass, 11th against the run, and 6th in PPG. This is gonne be a defensive struggle thursday night

12. Nick Pignone

Nick Pignone New Member

Had to throw this offer your way based on the profile picture. In the process of making T-shirts strictly for the most die hard Sam Darnold believers, let me know if you or friends are interested. If so I'll send you the design and you can make a decision. They don't disappoint...

13. Nick Pignone

Nick Pignone New Member

If you believe in Sam Darnold and want a one of kind t-shirt to show it off I have a shirt for you to make your buddies want to get their hands on one. Let me know my guy!

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They went the way of the phone booth a few decades back.

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Description: "After playing again the “timid-little-rabbit” routine, Bugs ask to a man so he’s adopted. The man accorded but Bugs not know has this man are a doctor. After drinkin his concoction, the doctor are a horrible monster try to afraid Bugs but never realised that the man and the monster are a only and unique person."

lol, what the hell?

Ralebird likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

When I first started reading this I thought it was actually coming from you. Glad you’re still operating at full capacity.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Some people here give the Browns zero respect and think we should walk all over them. They actually played two tough opponents, arguably tougher than the ones we played, and were one good kicker away from winning them both. Do not underestimate them. We should be proud and happy if we win but not at all ashamed if we loose a tough battle. As far a HC capabilities, is a wash between us and them Im embarrassed to admit. They might also have the edge at DC.

GasedAndConfused and King Koopa like this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's what you get when youtube blocks EVERYTHING ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET. F them.Try buying a garbage can or a food processor on Amazon. Descriptions, you just have to roll with it. I pirate and refuse to pay for jack shit. Hi, Netflix!

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Surprised that anyone here would sell the Browns short. They should have beaten 2 teams that are better then the ones the Jets have played so far.

For the Jets:
    - Recent history is on the Jets side regarding the head to head. They’ve won the last 5.
    - Bowles is 4-0 against the Browns
    - Jets are 5-4 all time on Thursday night games, the Browns are 3-5.
    - Theres not much film on Darnold, and Jackson isn’t exactly known for his stellar games plans.
    - Crowell should be amped to stick it to his old team.
    - The Jets D is making life tough on opposing QB’s.
    - They’re the Browns.

For the Browns:
    - Played tight games with 2 theoretically good teams.
    - They have a new kicker.
    - They also have Tyrod Taylor who’s 4-2 against, and very familiar with, the Jets.
    - They can run the ball (Taylor is a concern here) and the Jets were gashed last week vs the Phins.
    - 3 games in 10 days for the Jets and their rookie QB
    - They have to win a game eventually.
    - It’s the Jets.

#119 Jets81, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    NYJetsO12, rohirrim665 and LAJet like this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey Nick. We don't allow advertising or selling stuff like this. Please respect the forum rules. Thanks.

@Ralebird , @SolidGoldBowles