(For Fun) AB not happy in Pitt, trade a 1st and a 3rd for him?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by STARoSCREAM, Sep 18, 2018.

?

Give up a 1st and a 3rd for AB ?

1. Hell yes!

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Hell NO!

31 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. It would cost more than that

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

OK guys, so we missed out on Josh Gordon to the dam Pats. After the traction of the last thread taking a reading of how we felt about the possibility of trading for Gordon, here's another just for fun....

Antonio Brown didn't show up to work today, after having a blow out with his coaches on Sunday maybe there is a little more uncertainty in his future. The Rooneys are notorious for not budging for players, (Lev Bell, Santonio Holmes)

If we had the opportunity to trade for Brown, and had to give up a 1st and a 3rd (minimum) would you make the trade??

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I dont think a 1st and 3rd gets it done and nope even at that cost.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  4. Vader

Vader Member

last thing Darnold needs is a diva feed me feed me baby to breast feed

Cman68 and jetstopgun like this.
  5. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

AB is the best receiver in the league. If you can get him for less than two firsts you do it. Stop with this locker room nonsense.

STARoSCREAM likes this.
  6. FJF

Maybe he is , you could argue a couple of others are.
    No you don’t .
    There isn’t a wr out there worth a 1 and a 3. Not even sure I would give up a one.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

1) they wouldn’t trade him to an AFC team

2) you don’t give up that kind of compensation for players 30+

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If the Jets were a WR away, sure. They are not though. Fans keep wanting a quick fix like the old days, but it is better to just let Mac build this team the right way. Looks like they are half way there.

9. STARoSCREAM

I dont understand this logic, what would you get with those picks? Nowhere near the player AB is

picks are hit or miss and we would have the cap space to easily fit his contract under.

I dont think he is a bad locker room guy, he was defending Bell when the O-line where getting nasty publicly about it. AB was protecting his fellow player.

I think you make that trade (not that it would happen) if it were to present itself

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

WRs don't win SBs ... nope not giving up a 1

11. FJF

This.

12. STARoSCREAM

not single handedly, and without a franchise QB a WR is nothing.

However, if we feel like Darnold is THE guy, why wouldn't we want to put as many playmakers around him as possible?

our current crop of Wr are ok but we havent had a stud WR since.....Keyshawn? Maybe?

im not saying you guys arent making valid points, i just dont think its as cut and dry as you make it sound

13. 101GangGreen101

Q is an absolute stud, and give Robby some time he and Darnold will establish the deep ball soon. You put as many play-makers around Darnold as possible. With AB, that is easier said then done cause of how much $$$ he's making. Look at the Eagles,they don't have a true #1 option, but having multiple backs that can catch, 2 TEs that can catch, 2 or 3 good receivers w/ a strong line and you got yourself an offense.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  14. STARoSCREAM

i agree that the O-line needs to be addressed first. I've always believed you build your teams inside out.

I am not a big believer in Robbie, he only does one thing well. He is VERY skinny for him to hold up would be shocking to me. I hope he turns into a TY hilton type but im skeptical.

I like kearse but hes a clear possession WR, not a stud

Pryor is a 1 year rental that plays soft

and we have no TE that stands out

15. 101GangGreen101

Darnold could have connected to Robby on that Pryor interception. Robby was open a few times, Darnold and Robby just don't have the chemistry right now. Even after the fumble, I wish he still looked Robbys way on some plays.

you need players like Kearse on the roster, think back to Jerricho Cotchery. I hope Kearse is here for a few more seasons at least, Jets have to fix the line first and foremost. Let's see how Herndon responds to the Miami game. We may need a TE in the near future if things aren't working out.

16. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Number one we are not a wide receiver away from being a Super Bowl contender number two AB is a royal pain in the butt...and is the last thing we need.... and finally next year with 90+ in cap space is the year we make that move for WR, OL, and edge pass rusher linebacker or lineman while saving our picks for needed backup help or perhaps a stud in first round

17. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Amen. Does anyone think Bowles is a strong enough coach or the Jets have a strong-enough locker room to keep a guy like this on the straight and narrow? Does anyone remember another prima donna, Jeremy Shockey, showing up Eli Manning when Manning was just getting started? Unless you're one player away from being a Super Bowl contender, a head case -- no matter how talented -- is likely to be nothing but a headache.

What's very interesting, though, is that the turmoil in Pittsburgh is another example of a "model franchise" circling the drain. The N.Y. Giants are another. Ironic as hell because the Jets, usually never mentioned in the same sentence with "model franchise," are on the rise.

jetstopgun and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Our team has some holes, but wide receiver isn't one of them.

19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't understand this logic.
    Of course draft picks are hit or miss--that's the nature of them.

A few excellent 1st & 3rd round pick combos have come around. Here are just a few that popped up in 5 minutes of searching:

1995 Pats--Ty Law and Curtis Martin
    1998 Steelers --Alan Faneca and Heins Ward
    2001 Panthers -- Dan Morgan and Steve Smith
    2004 Redskins --Sean Taylor and Chris Cooley
    2005 49ers --Alex Smith and Frank Gore
    2008 Chiefs --Branden Albert and Jamaal Charles
    2009 Eagles --Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy
    2012 Colts --Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton

It's kind of silly to ask "What would you get with those picks?" when you're talking about trading for a guy who was drafted 195th overall, anyway. He's a perfect example of what you could be getting with a pick--only he's 30 years old and expensive, while they aren't those things.

JetBlue, NYJetsO12, stinkyB and 3 others like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. Unless you're a playoff team and a WR short of being a serious Lombardi Trophy challenger, you don't trade a 1st and a 3rd round pick for a 30-year old WR, especially when you have glaring needs at LT and edge rusher, and you're a rebuilding team and not likely to win more than 8 games with Brown. That would be the stupidest possible thing that Mac could do at this point and would truly be an offense worthy of being fired on the spot.

JetBlue and jetstopgun like this.