Robby fumbles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 16, 2018.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

On the punt it wasn’t roughing the kicker because it was a Jets lineman that crushed the punter not a dolphin defender

LogeSection2RowJ and westiedog1 like this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Didn’t see that. Guess it would make sense.

3. BrowningNagle

Idk who the Jets player was but he got driven back 5 yards to the punter and then tossed into him

NY Jets68 and Big Cat like this.
  4. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

What about the Kiko hit on Q, and then he stands there and makes a muscle. No call on that either. Alonzo is a dirty player...with a stupid haircut.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

1) He trapped it against the ground with one hand, not recovered

2) They called it an INT and it was too close to call so have to go with initial call

3) Dolphins player pushed Jet player into Edwards, that's not a penalty

Don't remember that sack clearly enough but as you said they didn't deserve to win

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Quincy is a better all around wr than Anderson and it’s really not all that close. He’s got wr1 potential. Anderson is really good, too and I agree that he needs to be involved more. But route running, yac, and the fact that he can also go deep (was best in the nfl catching deep balls in 2016), Enunwa is rightfully the top option.

FJF likes this.
  7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't think that would go over well. Robby's biggest asset is his speed. If he bulks up I think he becomes a mediocre WR at best.

stinkyB and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

He got Smashed!! We need to Start smacking players around like that, on the regular...until then stop with the New Jack City foolishness! We playing flag football out there.

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Robby was very close to reestablishing control, but didn't quite do it. It annoyed me a bit that they talked only about whether or not it was a fumble and not whether or not he had recovered the ball. He put his hand on the ball, then took a hold of it and was pulling it towards him when the Dolphin player jumped in. You could argue he had gained control of the ball and was making a 'football move', but you could also say that move wasn't completed. You obviously don't need to bring the ball completely back into the body to regain possession because there are times when that doesn't happen. The rule also says a football move could involve tucking the ball away or extending it forward, so bringing the ball into the body is not considered essential. I think this fell into a grey area and he didn't get the benefit of the doubt.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I've complained about him being too weak to be a NFL WR many times in the past. However, last year I think he made great strides in establishing himself as a deep threat, and I think he got stronger as well as evidenced by fewer balls going right through his hands as in his first year. On the TD throw in Detroit he showed some strength taking the ball away from the defender. That ball could easily have been an interception if it hadn't been for him. So, until the Jets can put someone better out there, I'll take him as he is, warts and all.

All Gas No Shake and stinkyB like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

If that was the Cheats whistle blown and play called dead while he's still running.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  12. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

On the Robbie Anderson Fumble.

So a if a receiver extends his arm controlling the ball with one hand that is a touchdown. If a running back extends his arm whilst falling and the ball touches the ground in his hand that is a touchdown.

So from those two scoring players it has to be assumed that having one hand on a ball is considered having control. Especially when the knee is down.

For me. Robbie is on the ground with his knees down. And he has his hand on the ball. Thats it. End of play. Knee down, An opposition player on top of him so he is grounded and control of the ball.

What happened would be a little like a defensive back jumping on the ball after a running back has touched it down and stripping it. That is never going to be allowed. This should have been a recovery in my mind.

Regarding the Endzone interception.

Its clear to me that he touches it initially with his right hand gains no control and it bounces over to his Left hand. The thing is, by the time he gets it in his left hand he has his left foot down and never gets his second foot down in bounds. So again for me I see this as him not having control of the ball whilst in bounds. It would have reversed the call on the field. But in replays I think its obvious.

K'OB likes this.
  13. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Sticks McGee is going to get man handled often. It's been pretty much assumed.

To me it looks like a fumble.

Personally I hate the double standard of the NFL. Clay Matthews lays what appears to be the cleanest hit in history, and now he's gonna be a poster child.

Meanwhile I watched darnold getting an obvious late hit, of about the same level of violence, ref in the shot, but no rtp flag.

I'm not saying shit is rigged, but if I were, it wouldn't be hard to cast doubt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

What is there to explain. He fumbled the ball, began to recover it, but didn't take full possession of the ball. The defender did. Therefore it was Dolphins ball.

By merely covering the ball and shuffling it toward you doesn't mean you recovered it.

stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I agree. I think he has made strides, and he's much better than he used to be, but perhaps he will always be more of a liability in the short game due to his size. Hopefully he improves throughout the season

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Plus, his "bust a nut" threat towards the Dolphins this time fell on deaf ears.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) can't agree, whoever comes out of the pile with it wins. it's always been that way. if he had it stolen in the pile shit happens. that's how it's always been. bad break but not a bad call

2) this was iffy honestly. Could have gone either way. since they called it an INT on the field it's hard to overturn and the video was far from indisputable evidence. I can't be mad at that call either

3) this one pissed me off. terrible call, right in front of the ref our punter gets basically tackled by the fins and no call. that was horrible

4) yeah that pissed me off as well. meanwhile matthews in the GB game did a perfect tackle on cousins and still got called for a penalty. I understand darnold as a rookie not getting the benefit of the doubt but still it was obvious

With all that said however, they refs called a pretty loose game on both sides and there wasn't a ton of penalties so i'm ok with that overall. really only the punter one pissed me off. I'd rather the refs let them play and only call blatant penalties and not make it a flag fest however the punter one was blatant. Still not going to blame the refs. we played like shit

Big Cat likes this.
  18. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

He gotta get stronger.

19. BrowningNagle

They need to find a spot for Robby Anderson’s ass on the bench.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Robby's Fumble. Just for clarity,
    Gonna move the "S" in the title...lol