Who will be at Metlife this Sunday? (Dolphins game edition)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope you and your BF have a great time in your first game.
    If not this year it will be in the coming years. With Darnold we will be the new Packers, Colts, Pats making play offs regularly. Can’t wait for a home play off game.

2. Cortlan

Cortlan New Member

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQMartin likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We have Pepsi gate entrance. Most likely will be in L or M and leaning toward M because the racetrack is usually our spot.

Depending on how deep we are out, I may run over to you in D. Literally mean run :)

Brook! likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Martin or Mangold.

Brook! likes this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Too bad. I'm liking that all-white look we sported in Detroit. Plus, there's those memories of the great shootout OT win over those bastards in '86....

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Season tickets have been in my family since Shea. I’ve been going to games since the mid-90s. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a home opener. Unfortunately the Jets picked the worst time for me personally to have a young, talented roster with a potential franchise QB... not easy to get to those 9 AM tailgates with a 7 year old, wife and dog! I’ll be there though, section 128 row 10.

And if we lose, you can find me dangling over the side of the GW.

LF911SC, Brook! and Cortlan like this.
  7. Brook!

Run GQ run!!!!

8. Cortlan

Cortlan New Member

Just an FYI for those searching for last min tailgate tix through Stubhub. The tickets are pickup only, but the location of the last minute pickup center is undisclosed. If anyone finds anything better, please let me know. Still looking for a tailgate party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Brook!

Try this. Top notch experience. You won’t be disappointed

tailgatejoe.com

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I would call the Jets today if u can get an answer and IF they tell you yes I would get a name an extension and if possible a home address because if you drive to Met life with no parking pass because this person told you you were good I would send the kids on a mission to egg that persons house ,,,you know

Brook! likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

Aren't all "tickets" digital scans this season?

13. Cortlan

Cortlan New Member

That’s what I presumed as well. However, the additional information states pickup is at a kiosk/center for the tailgate tickets via Stubhub. I opted to just get tickets at another tailgating venue.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

This will be two years in a row we opened at home against the Dolphins. I hate the Dolphins, so I love this trend. Thank God we're playing Miami tomorrow. Sure, I harbor bad memories too, but my very best Jets moments are from these Dolphins games: Barkum from Todd at Shea to move into first place, The epic 51-45 OT game in '86, the impossibly even more epic Monday Night Miracle in 2000. My favorite road game ever was the Sunday Night win in Miami I attended in 1998. I had a blast at Shula's Sports bar in Ft. Lauderdale that night after that game. Sprinkle in some games that went the other way, a absolutely spanking on MNF in the '80's, the Goddam Fake Spike in '94, Getting crushed before my eyes Opening Day '95 in 98 degree Miami heat (at least I saw Chrebet's first game) and you'll see why my emotions are always at their peak when we're playing the Dolphins. Pats can win 5 more SB's and I'll still feel this way about that turquoise and orange team. But that's what this should be about, isn't it?

I know at least three really good guys who root for that team, however, nothing pleases my sports palette more than a home win against Miami and watching the cry babies slither out of our stadium in their ridiculous colors - not to return to Florida, but to drive to Clifton, Long Island City, Hempstead, and Suffern. And, God forbid something goes wrong tomorrow, I know Sam will destroy them the second time we play them... and beyond. Can't Wait!

donkey, Trainer and Brook! like this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Even better!!

My wife is not a football fan, by any means, although she has gotten much more into it since we got married. I took her to her first tailgate and FSU game in Tally. She could not believe it!! She had the time of her life and could not fathom how amazing it was being there.

You'll enjoy it! Like I said, it makes football so much better than watching it at home haha!!

16. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I've been to Doak Campbell stadium a bunch...as well as Guthries to get a gut box, and several establishments along Tennessee street. Glory days! :D

Get ready for Syracuse to pound the Noles today. It's not as big a deal as beating Clemson though. :p

#57 playtowinthegame, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have a few questions,,,,first what if opposing teams fans pick on Ed again as they did when he last went and hid will he go back into seclusion ? Or maybe he is going to the game to root for his HIS child hood Dolphins ? Enjoy the chant and the game guys .

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

7b7
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did. FSU looks like a steaming pile of trash lately lol

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My parking passes are. The Jets also mailed me physical tickets for game entrance.

Shrug.

Brook! and LogeSection2RowJ like this.