Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He’s just trying to goad you.

All Gas No Shake and Brook! like this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Jets 31 Phins 17.

Going to hit it one of these weeks.

3. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

Quincy reminds me of boldin a lil bit

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If Brady did come down with Herpes, we’d know he contracted it from that special “ trainer” of his.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

LOL. Same here. The last ones I bought were: Sanchez in 2011, Revis in 2012, Wilkerson right after he got paid. I'm with you man, I'm holding out.

CotcheryFan, Brook! and Zach like this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Welcome to party. You're late a little.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Tannehill may have completed 2 passes that traveled more than 10 yards in the air last week. Deep TD to Stills but also a deep pick on a similar route. Not sure how much the weather conditions played into that approach on offense but they looked very vanilla against Tennessee.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The safe bet is a tight score with a heroic finish by one of these divisional rivals in an early season matchup. That said...

Jets - 31
    Phins - 13

Jets show that they are who we hope they are, for at least for one more week, in front of an electrified fan base at home. Darnold gets the opportunity to throw a bit more and shows that he can be consistent. Defense puts pressure on Tannehill all day after shutting the Phins down on the ground.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Jets 24
    Phins 20

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Some statistics are curiosities and not very important, and some are meaningful and definitely important. That is the latter. Since the Phins are just as aware of that statistic as anyone, this pretty much guarantees a heavy dose of running plays on first and second down. The Jets need to come up big in run defense on first and second down to either force the ball into Tannehill's hands on third-and-long or force Miami into changing their strategy to something they're less comfortable with.

And of course the other statistic shows why it will be quite a shock if the Jaguars don't have a brand new free agent QB next year, whatever their cap situation might be. Game manager QBs can win a Super Bowl, but they have to make a big play at least occasionally, and Bortles has shown no ability to do that.

HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

That's why I believe in a strong analytics department that reports into Head Coach. Not that Bowles and coaches won't see this on tape but still. Sometimes a different angle might win us the game.

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Not sure you really need an analytics department to know that getting the opposing team into third and long is a good thing haha

14. Brook!

Hahaha. True, that's pretty obvious. But for not so obvious stuff a good analytics department might provide a leg up to coaches for game planning. You get my planning. Stop busting my chops. And on Sunday, after the Miami game ends, start the Cleveland game thread right away so we can start discussing it. :)

Big Cat likes this.
  15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have massively expanded their analytics department over the last year or so. I’ve seen a lot of Maccagnan talking about it.

And yea, 3 day prep week means the game thread goes up right away.

Brook! likes this.
  16. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the Lions game for the fourth time.

The more I watched the more impressed I was with not seeing too many 3rd and Long for the O. If Sam and the O can limit the 3rd and longs (and there are no Robbie Anderson Sweeps on 3rd & 1) I think we’ll just pound the Phins on the ground to start this game then let Sam open it up a bit after a Quarter of so.

I don’t think Sam will light it up but I’ll take around 220 yards, 1 TD and no picks and most importantly the W... I don’t think we’ll have another Sam to Robbie big play but I do see Sam getting around 27 pass attempts with Q getting the most attention and Kerse getting the second most looks.. the Running game will give us another 170 on the ground and itssiah scores 2 TD’s.

I see the Jets winning 24-17 with the Phins scoring a late TD to make it look closer then it was.

Looking forward to being there tomorrow and having no voice for the rest of the week!!!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

First home game ever without my season tix (I ultimately decided not to renew this year), so after 55 years of having seats it's a little bittersweet for me. I'm super excited, though! I woke up at three in the morning to use the bathroom and on the way back to bed I realized I was already pacing, lol. My phone went off at 7:00 a.m., a text from my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, same thing: "PACING." Followed by, "Win or lose there will be pain." Dare I say I feel good about this one? I won't dare. Don't want to tempt fate. Just please, Jets, come out on fire. I'm gonna say 34-17 Jets. GO SAM, GO JETS, F WOODY!!!

Oh, for those who winged it (no season tix just purchased by the game), please fill us all in on your various parking pass/parking situations. I want to get an after-game bead on it re: cost and the pass in the ass factor for when I cherry pick a few games. Today would've been a great game to go to. Damn it.

OK, let's go Jets! Bring it!

Brook! likes this.
  18. Brook!

Update on parking. Tried to pay cash for Lot K and denied. Headed to Redds Restaurant to park.

19. 101GangGreen101

Tannehill is an average QB at best, but they have to eliminate the deep threat in Stills. Trumaine, will need to show up this week. The Jaguars, should have drafted a QB this past year.

20. 101GangGreen101

Analytics help no doubt, any type of data that you can have at your disposal is good. Jets do use analytics as well in game-planning and scouting.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/8/5/17654254/report-details-jets-embrace-of-analytics

Brook! likes this.