Who is being told to 'relax' after this win?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 12, 2018.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I've noticed in particular Giants fans are telling Jets fans to 'relax' and/or claiming the Lions are bad.

First of all, I have yet to see a Jets fan make any bold claims, just being super excited.
    Second of all, Giants fans telling us to calm down after openly jacking it to Saquon's 1 preseason run is laughable at best.
    Third, the Lions aren't a powerhouse but they sure aren't a bad team last I checked.

Lastly, this is a FRANCHISE changing win. I don't think people understand this, from the outside looking in. This was more than a blowout. This was the start of an era, an era in which we saw our rookie throw a pick 6 on literally his first play of his career. The game could have gone either way. Typical Jets would have either folded like a lawn chair, and clawed back only to lose the game in the fourth. What we saw, was a culture shifting, franchise changing statement. This win was possibly the biggest win for us since SB 3, when it's all said and done and we look back on it. This was a huge tone setter for this team not only this year, but this era as a whole.

So don't let ANYONE tell you to relax. BE excited. BE optimistic. GET riled up.

You're allowed to. And you should.

This is the dawn of a new era. Times are changing before our eyes.

Enjoy the ride.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They just can't stand seeing the Jets have some success. They also probably know that: the Giants screwed the pooch by taking Barkley rather than Donald; that Karma's a bitch and they're now gonna pay for the next 5-10 years for gloating to Jets fans so often; and are jealous of the success they know that we're gonna have while they are gonna suck.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

totally agreed. and we're used to having to take it.

Rally cry to Jets fans. Don't be dicks about it, but don't take shit from them.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One game at a time boyz… No need to take shit from anybody but lets not forget we haven't won anything other than a single game.

Skicats, RPOZ51, Royal Tee and 10 others like this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Let's face it , the Giants are a win now team & they are in decline
    Where as
    The Jets are young and getting better and are soon to be contenders

A good Qb will do much more for a team than a good RB and for many more years.
    GIANTS FANS LET'S FACE IT ...YOU BLEW IT WHEN YOU DRAFTED BARKLEY
    JETS FANS LET'S FACE IT...THE NEXT TIME YOU RUN INTO A GIANTS FAN, THANK HIM FOR DARNOLD
    I'm already enjoying the ride after 50 years of suffering:p by being optimistic not unrealistic.
    If you hold back your feelings of optimism for fear of disappointment you'll never enjoy the ride.;)

#5 BudJet, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

This is a defining turn around moment for both the Jets and Giants. When the Jets signed Namath the Giants were pitiful. An entire generation of Jet fans were created. The NFL had to step in and basically take George Young out of the NFL office and make him the GM of the Giants in 1979 in order to try and turn around the Giants. The Giants were failing. Lawrence Taylor and the drafting of Eli created a mismatch along with a generation of Giant fans.

Eli is on his last legs. The Jets have possibly another generational QB. On top of that the Giants could have taken him. If Darnold is that generational QB the Jets will be creating the next NY fan base at the expense of the Giants.

This season could very well be the start of a generational shift toward the Jets. The Giant ownership is well aware of this. John Mara probably grew up with his father obsessing about the Jets because of our SB victory followed up by the most hyped pre-season game in NFL history where we kicked their ass.

People forget that the NY Giants weren't just the only game in the metropolitan area. They were the NFL franchise that was televised in NE with radio networks that covered the entire NE area. The Giants didn't just dominate the NY area they dominated NE until the Pats starting having success.

The Giants passing on Darnold may well be the best thing that happened to the Jets and the worst thing to happen to the Giants since Sonny signed Joe away from the Cardinals.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I still cannot believe they passed up Darnold.

For a running back. With a 37 year old QB.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm sure John Mara was thinking the same thing.

Royal Tee and pdxdrew like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was in the process of starting a thread with similar sentiment.

Savvy posters here have stated that we are a year away from contention.

I said we'd make the playoffs the day we signed Bridgewater. I believe we have 10 wins coming this season.

It was a good feeling walking around at work, wearing my brand new NYJ cap, and getting thumbs up from co-workers. I'm stupid like that.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Too true, my man. But it was a bloody fun game to win.

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Tassagina kurban. Guzel yazmissin.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If you look around at the Giants boards, they are talking a lot about the Jets and Sam Darnold

We're not talking at all about Saquon Barkley

That's all you need to know right there

13. Rollo Tomassi

Well, there was one dude.

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Really, you know how delusional this fan base can get!! I must admit I was a bit ecstatic, and have washing in every Patriots fan I know at work!!

15. About half their fans wanted Barkely just as well as the team did.

It doesnt even have to be Darnold w the Jets..if Barkely is anything less than a top 3 Running back every year AND any of the QBs taken after their pick end up being a FQB they set themselves up for about a decade of self inflicted anguish.But if it is the Jets it makes it sting even more.

How about this for the clincher?In 4 years Barkely leaves big blue to come home to his childhood team & to play alongside Darnold? Maybe we shouldnt get greedy

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

You know what’s funny?

A common rationale for the Giants passing on Darnold was that “he may eventually develop into a better player than Eli but Eli is better right now”

It looks like that’s not even true.

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

And I was thinking of Kate Mara....

Red Menace likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Well, to be fair they already have their future franchise QB in Davis Webb.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAAA

19. Rollo Tomassi

Mmmmmmm Kate Mara.....

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

3 win team with a new HC and GM in win now mode and in decline? It's time for Giant fans to have a warm bath drawn and a razor blade by the tub on Sundays.