Studs and Duds: week 1 at Det

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 11, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i haven't seen a studs and duds thread yet for some reason so why not?

Studs

Lee - for all the shit talked about him here he had 2 INTs (1 for a TD) and helped a run defense that only allowed 38 yards and less then 3 YPC

Starting Cbs - both johnson and claiborne had INTs. all 3 starters (counting skrine at nickel) were rgeat in coverage

Adams - dude was a monster and everywhere on the field. had an INT, a TFL and just was dominating the game

D-line - no sacks but their pressure led to many of the INTs and they controlled the line of scrimmage and stopped the run

O-line - who would have thought? darnold only sacked twice and once was his own fault. they also blocked well in the run game. They are better then I thought they would be

Enunwa - mr 3rd down conversion. making tough catches all night to keep drives aline and had a TD

Anderson - throw the guy the ball. 1 throw to him on 3rd and 2 for a 41 yard TD and great play by him going up to get it

Crowell - looks better then i thought he would. tough runner with some speed. 100+ yards on 10 carries and 2 TDs

Roberts - holy shit our special teams is alive. after years of no returns and fair catches he busts off 2 huge returns, 1 for a 78 yard TD.

Sam Darnold - last but not least Sam got off to a rough start with a pick 6 on his first throw, then came right back and finished the game after that throw at 16-20 for 198 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs. 80% completions 2 TDs and no turnovers. yards were low because we were so far ahead and stopped throwing. he converted pretty much every 3rd down throw and even ran for a 1st on 3rd down. they also let him go for a 4th and 2 in garbage time for practice and he converted it. Darnold is money, cool under pressure and can improvise with the best of them. When i compared him to Rodgers i wasn't joking or exaggerating

Special shout out - to the Defense and ST units. they won the game by themselves. they allowed only 10 points and scored 14

Coaching Staff - they all get an A from me. i can't remember the last time the jets had a big lead and kept the foot on the gas pedal. No prevent BS this week. rodgers was all over the D and bates ran a great offense that was fun to watch.

Duds

Nickerson - hard to pick anyone but his 1st tackle after he comes in for an injury and he gets a taunting penalty. he does look good though. tough tackler and that possibly was an interception was a thing of beauty from a CB

2. BLottZ

BLottZ Member

That taunting penalty was garbage, wouldnt really call Nickerson a dud.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Nickerson also had an interception in the end zone that should have been reviewed

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wouldn't call Nickerson a dud either even though I got mad at him on the taunting penalty.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Why is there even a thread like this?

There were no duds last night. Plain and simple. We played amazing football on all sides of the ball.

Why do people keep insisting on trying to find something negative?

6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

It's not like Nickerson got in the guys face......that taunting penalty was BS. That flag came out real quick. Don't agree with Nickerson being a Dud. In fact I can't wait to see him take over for shrine next year. Last night he showed his ability & almost had a real nice pick.

#6 BudJet, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Duds: the commentators

jonnyd, joe, BomberJet and 18 others like this.
  8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt necessarily say Nickerson was a dud. However, if I was forced to pick a dud, he'd be a nominee. But he also had an awesome looking almost INT.

Duds

1. Sacking the QB (Pressure was damn good all night, but it would be nice to rack up some sacks)

Studs (this is a long list)
    1. Darnold
    - Dude was awesome, and recovered from a horrible play so well. Terrible play call, but he made an awful throw.
    2. Darron Lee
    - Missed a couple tackles early on that frustrated me, but what a ridiculous game he ended up having. Excellent coverage
    3. Jamal Adams
    - Led the team, made some big plays, and he's just the man
    4. Myers
    - Didnt miss any kicks, and murdered the ball on kickoffs
    5. RBs
    - Great play by both, great blocking by both. I think it was Powell made a great block on one of Darnolds TDs I believe it was.
    6. OL (Pass protection and Run)
    - A bad play here and there, but overall damn good.
    7. Secondary
    - Interceptions left and right. Bend but dont break. Cant wait for Maye to get back in there.

Probably missing some, but this was a tough list to condense lol.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd put Henry Anderson specifically in the Stud category.
    His pressure led to the pick 6. played a solid overall game.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Where was Leggett and Herndon?

11. BacktoQueens

Also Andre Roberts was a stud.
    So nice having someone back there who is not only unlikely to fumble, but capable of breaking one at any point.
    Refreshing.

12. BacktoQueens

1 more: The ALL white uniforms!
    no green pants! Please for the love of god, keep the green pants on the bench.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Biggest dud was the Robby end-around play calling. And the commentary.

Literally the only complaints I have.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Turned the volume down to 3 just to tone her out a bit. Definite dud. Amplified contact and player collision in a way , had to listen for it. Got tix today, can’t wait, been over a year for me! Get some!

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

funny enough sterling was our starting TE and tomlinson was the TE2. i didn't see legget or herndon play at all

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Herndon was on the field a lot. I didn't see Leggett once.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I saw Leggett at one point late and it appeared he was limping slightly which is why I remember.....

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Duds: The first 15 seconds.
    Studs: The last 59 minutes and 45 seconds.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He actually threw his hand out and connected with the players helmet. That’s what drew the flag. Bone head move, no way around it. Made up for it the that sick INT that he was robbed of.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Darnold's yard total wasn't even bad. 9.4 YPA is really good, I believe it was the 5th highest YPA in week 1 of the NFL.