Khalil Mack who?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 9, 2018.

1. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Some impressive trolling here

Harpua likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can't say these are the worst posts ever on the internet but they are as bad as I have seen in quite a long time.

The sad thing is the OP starts with a valid point about the importance of a great QB which immediately gets lost in a twisted vindictive juvenile illogical attack on Mack.

I am not sure how to feel after reading this thread. I want to laugh at the stupidity of the OPs posts but then I am also sad to see such anger and ignorance on full display. If aliens are looking for intelligent life on earth hopefully they miss this thread.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Only no one ever argued that a Linebacker was more important than a QB. Classic troll post 10/10.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

"New Bears pass rusher Khalil Mack is filling up the stat sheet. He already has a sack, interception, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and defensive TD in Week 1. The last player to do that in a game was... Khalil Mack in Week 12, 2016 against the Panthers."

Yea, we don't need any of that ... :D

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Mack is a savage best defensive player i have seen in this era , but that game ends with an alarming moral of the story ending that a top QB always outweighs a pass rusher.

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No one ever argued otherwise.

We have a QB.

No one cares about the Raiders or Bears W-L record

It’s about fielding a dominant defense and that starts with a game changing pass rusher.

Mack set the tone for that game. That his shitty offense couldn’t put that game away doesn’t negate that.

Red Menace, Harpua and dawinner127 like this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

How do you not get that people are not arguing against having a good QB. We are saying having a talent off the edge to disrupt the opposing QB, you know the second most important thing to a QB, is sorely lacking on this team.

K'OB, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's not just about the QB and EDGE rusher ... Matt Nagy did his best Andy Reid impression last night, got super conservative when he should have ended it right then and there. Man and to think I thought only Bowles had that problem.

Harpua likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

I hate to be pedantic and stating the obvious but a beast pass rusher makes the QB have to hurry through his progressions, causing mistakes and helps out the secondary geometrically by not having to guard receivers for 4 or 5 or 6 seconds.

It completely changes the pass game defense.

And when he’s doubled and Leo is doubled, that frees up other guys to make plays.

And that way we give the ball back to OUR QB quicker.

It’s not INSTEAD of a great QB.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Which is exactly what I stated, but you said " but that game ends with an alarming moral of the story ending that a top QB always outweighs a pass rusher."

No kidding. I never argued against that. The vast majority of posters have not. For some reason the trolls tend to take it to that area. I have no idea why you would include that last bit if your not arguing instead of. It was pointless to what I had posted.

11. Rollo Tomassi

I didn’t say that! That was someone else. I’m on your side.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If a player doesn't touch the ball or act in close connection to it on a high percentage of the plays he's not worth 10% of your salary cap no matter what his skill level is.

A great QB is probably the only asset you can have that is worth 10% of the cap and even that is pushing the edges of what is effective in a cap-ordered competition.

If you have the great QB making 10% of the cap and you have another great player making 10% of the cap the odds are pretty good that you have a bunch of other pieces in the puzzle that are ordinary or subpar. The team we are playing tonight is the perfect example of this proposition.

For years the Lions had Matthew Stafford, a good QB, plus Calvin Johnson, a great WR, plus Ndamukong Suh, a great interior DL making in the vicinity of 10% of the cap each. Despite these talents at key positions the Lions were unable to achieve high levels of play because the stars effect on the cap sapped the rest of the roster of needed supporting talent. Now the Lions have both Stafford and Ezekiel Ansah making 10%+ of the cap and they are similarly constrained.

What you want to have is a bunch of players making 10%-90% less than they are worth, via canny drafting that takes advantage of the rookie wage scale and by effective management of average talent to get additional value out of them, with of course a great QB to spearhead the effort.

13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If Mac offered the same draft picks package as the Bears, which was a lot, the Raiders still send him to the Bears instead of the Jets. I truly wanted Khalil Mack, but it would have taken a mammoth package to entice the Raiders to trade him to the Jets, due to the fact we play in the same conference. Hindsight being 20-20, I'm glad Mac didn't highly leverage our draft future to get just one player. Bottom line Aaron Rodgers didn't get stopped by the Bears...He shredded their defense. On the flip side the Bears looked good against Kizer, but that's nothing to brag about.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The bolded is the bottom line, it’s a team sport and sometimes as fans we get caught up in the individual as opposed to the team part of it.

The weak link on that team is the QB for now, they have weapons but they did not do their part in securing the victory.

Mack did his job and did it well. Personally I’m glad Jets did not pay the price for Mack, not becaue they don’t need him but becaue they are not an OLB away from being a top team. They still need picks to draft a LT or G and they can still get their OLB through the draft.

15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I Understand that but would you endure 2 years without first and second round picks 2019 and 2020 ? wich makes you not being able to build around Sam

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

October 20th 2013 (the last Jets defensive touchdown)

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

mack was incredible in the first half ... but he put up those stats against deshone kiser

18. Rollo Tomassi

I get that it was a hefty price but we have gobs of money and Mac has to start hitting on the rest of his draft picks.

Building the OLine is the most important next piece but a player like Mack completely changes the defense.

Water under the bridge but it just makes you wonder what it'd be like to have one of those guys.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This 3 hours of sleep is getting to me lol

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The bears woulda lost by 2 touchdowns if not for Mack. If trubisky didn’t suck balls they woulda won with him.

Rodgers is a great QB, Mack is a great linebacker. They will both be in the Hall of Fame someday and well worth their salaries