Jets more popular then Giants???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why?

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gerrymandering. There are more Giants fans.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He was never going to get booed.

We were thirsting for him for 2 years.

An the intrigue leading up to the actual pick was stifling.

I can’t thank the Browns and the Giants enough.

He’s the best QB we’ve had since Namath and while it may be sacrilege, if he stays healthy it’s likely he supplants Joe Willie as the best ever.

Brook! likes this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Giants over Jets in NY if the Giants are up and the Jets down.
    Same with the Yankees. When both are bad or similar the Mets have historically been more popular. NY is a National League town, Giants and Dodger combined for more fans than Yankee fans. Whenever the Mets are the better team they outdraw Yankees, get better TV and radio ratings.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The last open practice the Jets had, there was a large USC showing. I was very impressed they traveled all the way here (Florham Park).

There's a picture on the Jets' Instagram with Leo and Sam and the USC alumni that they took that day.

I also met Sam that practice and he signed two of my jerseys. Very happy.

Brook!, TrojanPride and LF911SC like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

You'd have to combine decade's of ticket and merchandise sales along with TV & Radio ratings etc etc in order to get an accurate reading.

During my childhood days growing up in South Ozone Park, Queens (same exact block as PS 100 Glen Morris, 118th St.) I of course remember more Jets fans than Giants fans.

Because the Jets are originally from Queens and rooted into our families culture.

But I highly doubt that the Jets are more popular than Big Blue amongst Football fans. I'd actually bet against it.

8. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

I do remember the "Suck for Sam" reported, but thought after the 2017 season, things changed. I can understand it, but we knew what was going on, the offensive play calling was not helping. Sam expressed his frustration, then quickly backtracked. Sam tried to do too much, he just wanted the team to win very much, wanted to leave a legacy for the school he loved so much. We were concerned because we felt the NY fanbase will turn on a player quickly....the fact that every televised Draft you could hear the Jets fans booing didn't help. When you drafted Mark, it was televised during USC's Spring Game, and even though we were all shocked he was drafted too high, you could hear and see the boos and angry faces. Yikes.

Yes, we loved, loved, loved Leo. He was a monster for us, always doubled or triple teamed. All American and just the nicest, polite, always smiling, always looking like he loved his life. We miss that smile, watching him getting to classes on his skateboard wearing flip flops a smile and that glorious hair!

I honestly feel Sam will be a much better Pro than a college QB, he can now completely focus on his craft, and as he has mentioned several times, he doesn't have classes and grades to think about. Be patient, the kid has so much crazy talent, talent that can't be taught, it just comes natural to him. There will be ups and downs, he is, and feel he will always be, a gunslinger. It can be very exciting to watch!

Sam has left his legacy at USC.....we had our 5* 2019 QB (considered a wunderkind) commit reclassify to this 2018 class, he was The Gatorade Male Athlete of the Year, he came in as a true freshman, and won the starting job, over two QBs already in the system. This time, because of Sam, the coaches picked talent over experience. Also, we are going back to our QB under center the majority of the time, and he will be able to audible from the line, something Sam was capable doing, but for some unknown reason, was not allowed too.

Everyone knew Sam was special, and he gets another chance on the biggest stage.

By the way, I love Terrell Pryor. Got to see him in the Coliseum his freshman year playing QB for tOSU, they threw him to the wolves when they pulled the starting QB, he was very cool and calm, we liked that in a young QB making his first start against one of the top defenses in the country in 2008.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that will change as the population turns over.

10. TrojanPride

I saw that! The NY alumni club is fairly large, think I mentioned here that the past 10 years, almost 35-40% of the admitted students are OOS, with NY being one of those top states sending you finest, and brightest. The acceptance rate is very low, 13% in 2018, so USC is not easy to get into.

You can bet Sam has been told that if he ever needed anything, he has his fellow Trojans to count on, along with former players living in the area or a few states away. He really is a nice kid. I have an autographed copy of the SI cover he was on, and also a poster. I think that I'm buying that Jets #14 T-shirt, don't wear jerseys, too itchy!

Brook! and GQMartin like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This Poll had to be taken post Sam not pre Sam..it makes no sense otherwise

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I got into USC for filmmaking but chose Syracuse over it. Syracuse has an amazing communications program.

13. TrojanPride

Wow! USC's School of Cinematic Arts is ranked the #1 film school in the country, and very very selective, with a 3% acceptance rate. The school was founded by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1929, oldest film school in the country. Even if you turned it down, impressive you got in!

Interesting that Communications is now the new "jock major" at USC, most of the players attend Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism, not bad since it is also ranked in the top 15. Sam majored in communications.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I know. Out of state is impossible. Had to submit a reel for their review — I feel like the reel is easier to set yourself apart than test scores or interviews.

At any rate. Worked in television and film production for years. Now working with a private video company.

TrojanPride likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jet's held the crown (for a bit) back in the 90's when then Giants sucked and the Jets looked legit with Parcells, Keyshawn, Wayne, etc.. We won every tabloid front page, while the g-men were relegated to the back pages. And then again for a year or two when Penny was playing good....

but other than that, nope.

16. TrojanPride

Interesting life, it turned out very well for you.

Do you know how John Wayne got into acting? Marion Morrison was an offensive lineman at USC, broke his collarbone surfing and lost his FB scholarship, so his coach, Howard Jones called in a favor from actor Tom Mix to hire him (Wayne) as an extra, the rest is history. Back in those days it was within the rules for a player to work....there were several Trojan players that transitioned to acting and stunt actors.

Just a little off topic info. Also how Sam's grandpa got into TV and advertising work.

GQMartin likes this.