First Rounds of Cuts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't think ArDarius Stewart is on the bubble, at all. Kid was just drafted during the 3rd round out of Alabama (2017).

Same goes for Chad Hansen. 4th round draft pick (2017). I don't think he's on the verge of being released neither.

These guys were only rookies last year as 3rd & 4th round prospects. I can not see Maccagnan cutting these guys before they've even entered their 2nd regular season.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I understood what you said andI know what we paid for Robinson. Mypt is that several players that cost us draft picks are “on the bubble”. Some will undoubtably be cut. I think that shows our improved depth

boozer32 likes this.
  3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to believe that Hansen and Stewart are both, or either one cut after only one season from two guys that the FO knew needed some work.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t think Hansen or Stewart get cut. At least I hope not. Too much potential.

But damn I wish I knew what rounds they were drafted in and what year.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Some others have stepped up and some are returning like Enunwa. I down think either showed enough to carry another season. Peake is also someone that could be cut but has looked good at times. It will be interesting and there is also the possibility of picking up someone else's WR that has been cut.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I think the difficult positions to cut down on are going to be LB, S, and TE.

The two names that stick out to me that keep getting brought up as cut candidates, are Kevin Pierre-louis and Rontez Miles. If preseason has shown us anything of a weakness it's special teams, and it's a glaring weakness. KPL and Rontez are both ST standouts that will bolster that unit. Rontez especially is a ST star, constantly making plays or taking a great line. This can not be overlooked and if anything I'd say after these games in their absence the coaching staff has bumped them up a spot on the depth chart.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK what they were watching but robinson has been dam good this preseason and from reading the camp reports has looked good in camp too.

DarrelleRevis.Human? likes this.
  8. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

We shall see. At least he has showed some talent during a game.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Kpl is going to be serving a 1 game(I think,maybe 2) so they get an extra week to make a decision on him

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I've heard a lot of this from TGG members and blurb writers, yet I have no clue where it's coming from.

From most accounts of camp he was standing out every practice. Then in preseason he's looked fine and even flashed a few times. I can only think of one miscue he's had so far in preseaon. So couple great camp/preseason with off the chart measurables, I don't see how he's even a consideration.

The real funny thing is how people slam Mac for using a 5th round pick to acquire him in trade. Isn't this the pinnacle of expectations from a player selected in the 5th round?....

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Robinson got burnt by a rookie fringe player in Washington preseason game, to seal the game for Washington.
    He was running his mouth non-stop to the rookie, who then beat him to seal the game, as Robinson continued to run his mouth.

Plus he's got the 4 game marijuana suspension coming.

I'll pass... Maybe if someone gets injured during his suspension he can backdoor his way onto roster that way.

12. GasedAndConfused

to be fair that rookie was beasting and didn't burn robinson. robinson was step by step and turned for the ball. the WR just made a great play. that dude looked legit. the 4 game suspension means he doens't count against the roster anyway for the first 4 weeks so no need to cut him now

Red Menace likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

pretty much. potential that may or may not pan out. and he's still young. pretty much any pick rounds 5-7 is a throwaway. more often then not the players drafted in those rounds wind up out of the NFL in a few years. Robinson looks good to me so far and mind you i'm not expecting him to start but as a 5th or 6th CB we could do alot worse

14. GasedAndConfused

yes he has and he was a high pick last year. i think that buys him some good will

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Tomlinson would be an immediate cut for me, brings nothing to the table but false starts.

As much as it pains me to say this, I would cut Mauldin and keep a young guy like Luvu aboard. I believe Luvu has more upside, he just needs some playing time.

With Safeties there is such a big drop off from starters I would keep the depth chart that was in place last year.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Cam Sims is an undrafted FA from Alabama, 6’5 220 lbs. Guy is turning heads in Washington with his ability to go up an make athletic catches.

17. KleckoNamathToon

Here are my cuts going into tonight's game. There are some really hard decisions, which is probably a good thing for depth. I agree that Macc has shown no desire to part with draft picks to this point, but there is no way he doesn't cut some recent ones this year. There is just no room. I assume he'll try to stash them on the PS.
    Stewart's suspension saves him for now, and I am assuming Donahue will be suspended too, if not he gets cut and probably to the PS too.

Cuts (* practice squad)

*QB: 9 John Wolford, 6-1 200
    RB: 35 Charcandrick West, 5-10 205
    FB/DE: 44 Lawrence Thomas, 6-3 286
    FB: 38 Dimitri Flowers, 6-2 248
    RB/KR: 34 George Atkinson III, 6-1 220
    RB: 30 Thomas Rawls, 5-10 217
    WR: 16 Chad Hansen, 6-2 202
    *WR: 7 Tre McBride, 6-0 210
    WR: 88 Charles Johnson, 6-2 215
    TE: 87 Clive Walford , 6-4 250
    *OT: 62 Antonio Garcia, 6-6 302
    C/OG: 64 Travis Swanson, 6-5 304
    OC: 60 Alex Balducci, 6-4 310
    OG/OT: 65 Dakota Shepley, 6-4 305
    *OT: 76 Darius James, 6-4 324
    OL: 63 Gino Gradkowski, 6-3 300
    *NT: 66 Mychealon Thomas, 6-1 325
    NT: 93 Deon Simon, 6-4 332
    DE: 91 Kendall Reyes, 6-4 300
    *ILB: 52 Anthony Wint, 6-0 224
    OLB/DE: 47 David Bass, 6-4 267
    OLB: 55 Lorenzo Mauldin, 6-4 259
    *OLB: 57 Obum Gwacham, 6-5 240
    *CB: 31 Derrick Jones, 6-3 220
    CB: 32 Justin Burris, 6-0 212
    CB: 34 Jeremy Clark, Mich 6-3 220
    *CB: 38 Xavier Coleman, 5-11 190
    CB/KR: 35 Terrell Sinkfield 6-1 195
    *FS/SS: 40 Brandon Bryant, 5-11 207
    SS: 39 Kacy Rodgers II, 6-2 220
    K: 6 Taylor Bertolet, 5-9 188

18. GasedAndConfused

yeah he looked great against us for sure. i'd be suprised if he didn't get some meaningful snaps in Washington this year. seems WR is a position where UDFA are a gold mine. i mean not going back 20 years ago to say chrebet lol more recently guys like robbie, colston, and victor cruz have all been really good UDFA WRs

Red Menace likes this.
  19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

[Edited]

20. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Oops, sorry.

Misread your "key". I still disagree that Jones will be on the practice squad as well. He has been a top contributor and standout in camp, doubt they'll chance allowing him to go to waivers