Dante Fowler, Jr traded to Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by macbk, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think I'd kick Jacksonville a 2019 4th for Fowler right now.

At absolute best, Jax will receive a 2020 3rd round compensatory pick for him (and there is no guarantee of that).

If they are actively looking to get something for him because they're capped out, I would absolutely send a 4th their way.

Then, whatever you get in exchange for Bridgewater can go to the OL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

So funny.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I dont want to give a high draft pick for Fowler. We arent one piece away from a Super Bowl like Jax is, why pay that for a one yr rental? He may come here as a FA next year. If they are trying to get rid of him Id give them a conditional late round pick that could get better based on his play

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets called the Jaguars to inquire about the potential availability of Fowler.

The Jaguars didn’t pick up the fifth-year option on Fowler’s rookie deal, which means he’s playing out a contract year. He’s also coming off a week’s suspension for fighting with fellow defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, and will be suspended for the first week of the regular season after last year’s arrest for assaulting a man, stepping on his glasses, and throwing his groceries in a lake.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Really? Must be a generation thing then. Carry on

BomberJet and Cman68 like this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets called the Jaguars to inquire about the potential availability of Fowler.

The Jaguars didn’t pick up the fifth-year option on Fowler’s rookie deal, which means he’s playing out a contract year.

7. PennyandtheJets

TGG is a message board. We aren’t hanging out in person.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

After hearing what football outsiders just had to say about how bad the OL is, why are the Jets not shopping Teddy for Ts or Gs?

TwoHeadedMonster, NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Jets can pick up his 5th year after the trade. I'm pretty sure they have until the end of this year to grab the option and even if not we have money and a franchise tag. or even a transition tag which would net us right of first refusal and a 1st round pick if we refuse to match since he was a first rounder. We could easily keep him on the team for the next 5-6 years in his prime and solve our pass rushing issue and teddy is gone in 2019 no matter what so he is a 1 year rental for us either way who likely won't play in 2018 but fowler would start every game for us this season

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

EXACTLY ! I am not Trading Teddy for Fowler. I would trade picks and or someone else for Fowler. I am only trading Teddy for O LINEMEN PS consider the source it is STILL MANISH .

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You have to deal with what’s available. I haven’t heard of any starting o lineman that may be in the block.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It certainly IS a generational thing.

FJF likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF there are teams that have O lineman and depth up to Mac to make those calls. Also until this was written and posted I did not know that Fowler " might " be able to be had,,,,guy has to pick up the phone and make calls.

14. What guard or tackle that fits the jets scheme & is good enough to start is out there to trade for?

Additionally are they gonna be even close to as good as Fowler is as a pass rusher??

Yes OL is a major need for this team but why are we gonna let it stand in the way of other needs the team has?

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  15. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

I think the pass rush is a bigger issue than the offense line... here's why: You can have the greatest secondary in the league but if the QB has all day to throw it won't matter. Conversely if you have an o-line that struggles a bit (and all indications show they are a better pass blocking unit than run blocking) you can still be in control of the situation by calling plays that gets the ball out quickly. You don't have that luxury when you are on defense and have to react to the play.

16. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

I would rather trade for a stud OL than a DE. I don't care if our defense is porous. I DO care if Sammy D gets hurt.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

no, they cannot pick up his fifth year option. the deadline passed months ago

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. PennyandtheJets

Generational thing...that must be it.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarity. ...except one thing .....Fowler won't start every game, he is suspended for 1st game.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

A little too much arm chair psychology going on here......