Darron Lee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Charlie Kelly, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Darron Lee

1. lol

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. lmao

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. MaineJet is bad

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. rotflmao

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don’t know who I hate more. My mother in law or Darron “tiny” Lee. I hate you Darron. Go far away.

GQMartin and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. I blame the jets more than i blame him.And based on his draft night presser he seemed to be handpicked by Bowles.

Darron Lee was meant to play Will in a 4-3 under scheme.Thats literally the only position he is built for except MAYBE some 1 gap 43 Mike. This is the 3rd year in a row hes being forced to play a rigid position that he clearly cannot play.

I think Leonard williams would be well suited for a move to a 4-3 as well.Yet we continue w this multiple hybrid crap that constantly features 3 man lines 1 gapping in front of Undersized mikes trying to stack/shed interior OL

This is the exact same crap Mangini did w Vilma & D rob.If you cant find guys athletic enough to play in your 3-4 scheme clearly theres a problem with your scouting,coaching or the scheme itself.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sharon Lee sucks dude.

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

I used to think he was out of position but I really am not convinced it would make a difference. His awareness is atrocious and he is soft. That’s gonna follow him no matter where he plays. I’ve never seen a linebacker take such horrible angles

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like I keep saying:

Darron needs two things that any good 3-4 can provide: sturdy NT and a Ted. That would be the "other" beefy ILB next to Darron. He is not built to withstand physical abuse like Ted is capable of.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jets memories and a stat here or there is fine, but being subjected to reading the fckn Bible, the Torah, and the Quran every time I attempt to read a post from the 'The Man of a Thousand Faces', oy. I ramble (because brain), and just where would I be without my tangential thinking? I would never be me without my hypergraphia (also because brain), but sometimes even I can't suffer through your posts without my eyes watering from fatigue. James Joyce's 'Ulysses', that I can do; but you're like nyjunc's banned retarded 3rd cousin twice removed. Keep bringing it, though.

joe, 101GangGreen101 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'll agree to disagree.

94 tackles, 3 passes defended, 3 sacks & 2 Forced Fumbles...

That type of production out of (only) a 2nd year player does not "suck". I'm sorry. But. It just doesn't.

BomberJet likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

What does it matter if he makes a tackle when it’s 10 yards downfield?

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes, I understand he's only 23 years of age...

And not yet some type of Pro-Bowl/All-Pro/H.O.F type of IMLB...

While heading into just his 3rd year...

Etc. Etc.

And yes, we all know that he was drafted during the 1st round (which is kind of the point of this post).

With that said:

How can anyone sit here and criticize Darron Lee as if he's been just some type of 2016 bust... When in actual reality... He hasn't.

How?

Let's take a closer look at how Darron Lee (actually) ranks when in comparison to 2016's defensive draft class.

Last year amongst all 2nd year defensive players drafted (DE's, DT's, NT's, MLB's, IMLB's, OLB's, Safety's and CB's) Darron Lee (actually) ranked 7th in combined total tackles (94) amongst all 2nd year players.

No.

Not just amongst First Rounders either.

But amongst all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th rounders (undrafted as well) the kid ranked 7th in combined total tackles with 94.

Not only that but his 3.0 sacks ranked 3rd amongst all 2nd year Linebackers drafted from 2016's draft class (MLB's/OLB's/IMLB's) and tied for 1st amongst all MLB's and IMLB's.

So yea. Right. Lets just label him "a bust".

The only problem with that? When you compare him to all IMLB's & MLB's drafted from 2016's class you'll notice that he's absolutely not.

But yea.

Sorry for comparing him amongst his 2016 NFL draft class instead of the likes of NFL seasoned vets...?

#89 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    BomberJet likes this.
  10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Wish I could like this twice... if only to wind you up a bit more!

11. jetophile

Hahaha, I don't know who I hate more, my MIL or Darron Lee. Hahahahahaha.

12. jetophile

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's ...... . . . : )

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

In before Darron Lee’s pro bowl appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Darron Lee's play. He's average at best, and that's fine. It is what it is.

The problem is that he thinks he's better than he is. He goes around acting like he has already established himself as a top player in the league. Guys always think they're the best, it may go with the job, but this is something else. He doesn't just believe he can be the best, he thinks he's already at the top.

He's average with room the grow, but so far the ROI for the 1st rounder does not look so good.

All Gas No Shake and MoWilkBeast like this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You have time.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You know I cold maybe stomach Lee if he came onboard in the 6th round and now the stupid coaching staff keeps him around for shits and giggles BUT THIS A NUMBER ONE PICK--these are usually IMPACT players from day one eg L Williams ROTY and our Sam now wowing everybody..

This all Toilet Bowles fault telling Mac to make stupid picks ..I am also lumping in 2 Safeties back to back ...How many QBs or decent Ols were available??? On top of his poor play he runs his mouth like he is anything else than the 32nd ranked LB in the NFL..which he rightfully deserved

The brain trust is brainless...thank god we were gifted with Sam..just SMH

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Problem is he is NOT average.
    He's a below average player and is a clear weak link on D which other teams game plan to exploit......usually with success.

If his play doesn't pick up he needs to be benched again, and maybe only worked in on subpackages.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

In this week's edition of Darron Lee sucks, guess who took the worst angle ever on the punt return TD falling on his ass backwards unblocked while the returner ran past him? You'll never guess who it is.

20. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Lee sucks. He was questionable at draft time, and now there are no questions left unanswered. He. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk