Darron Lee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Charlie Kelly, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Darron Lee

1. lol

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. lmao

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. MaineJet is bad

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. rotflmao

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

take an upvote, good sir

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Who made this thread? Opposing Offenses?

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Check out the OP's posts on this board. That'll give you a clue. :)

4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

opposing offenses don't need to go on message boards to laugh at him, they do it on the field. this is the guy calling defensive signals now and he is a joke.

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

you'll need a flashlight to find that clue and it will probably be near your butt.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Bart Scott's best tackle one year was injuring Revis. Not that I'm defending Lee or anything.

FJF likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just saw it and he's totally right. He's still playing like a bitch, I was hoping he would finally show something, but I can't back this guy anymore, especially if Bart Scott is saying the things he's saying.

I gotta put this one on Bowles, if he's not going to make him accountable and Bowles continues to give him plenty of reps, then I would have to question Bowles decision making there.

BTW - https://wfan.radio.com/articles/bart-scott-calls-out-jets-lb-darron-lee

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I think you're on the wrong website :p

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. That’s the most honest assessment about Lee I have heard from anyone.

Coming from a LB who understands how the position needs to be played it means a lot.

#69 Red Menace, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. The Dark Knight

Yeah, thanks for posting. Great listen. That is my problem with Lee too. Worst of all, he talks like he is such a good player. Nothing worse than talking without walking. I've said several times this off-season that the quality of the defense will depend on Lee. If he plays great, they can be Top 10. If he plays like he has most of his career: the defense will be average.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bart Scott?!? Hah!

How easy for Bart Scott to talk down on a Darron Lee with only two years of experience under his belt... while Bart Scott himself oh so conveniently forgets to bring up his first three years of NFL experience.

Darron Lee has only played two seasons thus far (now entering his 3rd).

But how many tackles, sacks and Fumbers Forced did Bart Scott have after not only his 1st year, not only his 2nd year but after his 3rd year within the league?

The answer would be only 63 tackles, 0 Forced Fumbles and 0 sacks after Bart Scott's first 3 years in the league when in comparison to Lee who's put up 164 tackles, 2 Forced Fumbles and 4.0 sacks (after not three, but only two season of play)

The guy (Scott) didn't even break out until his 4th year.

And if only Darron Lee was blessed enough to play his 1st three years alongside of and/or learning from a prime RAY LEWIS.

Take away Ray Lewis and throw Bart into the line fire during his first two years in the league, and I bet retired former veteran NFL LB's would've been able to mock and laugh at a young Bart Scott as well.

I'm not making excuses for Darron Lee but Bart Scott is nothing more than your typical loud mouth hypocritical type of hypocrite who's forgotten where he came from. Dude was undrafted and no one even knew his NAME until his 4th season.

Darron Lee improved as a 2nd year player when in comparison to his rookie season.

He did not regress.

And if he's able to improve during his 3rd year come 2018 when in comparison to that of his 2nd season of last year?

Well, then... We'll be in really good shape @ IMLB heading into Lee's 4th year (you know, the same year that Bart Scott broke out during).

12. 101GangGreen101

Load of shit. Bart Scott didn't start until his 4th year in the league. You looked up all of those stats and didn't look at the # of games started? Even so, the minute he stepped onto the field, Bart Scott brought physicality to the football field. We lack that at the linebacking corps, but Jenkins can lay a hit.

legler82 and FJF like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Rookie Year: 72 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 sack & 0 Forced Fumbles.

2nd Season: 94 tackles, 3 passes defended, 3 sacks & 2 Forced Fumbles.

I refuse to ignore Darron Lee's progression from that of his 2nd season when in comparison to that of his rookie year; all because of a preseason game...

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Looks like DWC is a prime candidate for Most Optimistic Poster in 2019 if such an award exists. :D

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I knew Bart Scott never started until his 4th season.

He oh so conveniently had a chance to DEVELOP for 3 years on the sidelines behind a HOF MLB in RAY LEWIS.

I bet if you gave Darron Lee a full THREE YEARS of developing, understanding the position, being coached up and learning behind RAY LEWIS that Lee himself would look pretty damn good come his 4th NFL season (after being fully developed).

Throw an undrafted Bart Scott (without Ray Lewis) into the fire as a rookie & 2nd year player. I bet he would have looked like absolute crap out there during his first two seasons. Luckily for Bart, he got to develop from the bench up until his 4th season due to Ray Lewis. Hah.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nah.

Rookie Year: 72 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 sack & 0 Forced Fumbles.

I just can't ignore that type of progression... while writing off his 3rd year before it's even happened (as many are currently doing).

#76 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’ll be getting the raider joe troll of the year award

phubbadaman and The Waterboy like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

Bart Scott is an NFL analyst now. He was just saying what he saw from Darron Lee and most people who watched him last night would agree. I don't get why @DefenseWinsChampionships is comparing their careers. Scott went undrafted if I remember correctly. Lee is a 1st Round Pick. What's the point? I was actually disappointed with Scott's career as a Jet, but he definitely played better than Lee has. I respect his opinion.

19. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, sure you did that's why you brought up the # of years starting and compared their first 2 years. Stop making excuses for Lee, stats are meaningless when it comes to linebacking play. The lack of awareness was evident yesterday from the get-go.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Rookie Year
    : 72 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 sack & 0 Forced Fumbles.

I know. I know. The truth hurts.

(sorry he's not an All-Pro/HOF LB after only his first two seasons).