Teddy must be week 1 sttarter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Just curious, are you throwing out Teddy's 2014 ROY season , Or his 2015 Pro bowl season?

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and Harpua like this.
  2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Teddy looked really good last night (poor INT aside) and I'm really torn on the starting QB but I'm still leaning towards Sam. This team has a lot of weaknesses and it does not look like a playoff caliber team. In my opinion its not worth a couple more wins to start Teddy this season. This team is preparing for next year and a couple more wins and no playoff with Teddy is not going to help for next year. Darnold needs to go into next season with some experience and a full offseason to improve on that experience. Plus, a few more wins from Teddy could be the difference in getting a franchise LT in the 1st.

BudJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I'd be 100% fine with bridgewater or darnold at QB. Anyone but McCown.

However, if they start Bridgewater and start 3-1 or something like that, they aren't trading him.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agreed.

That being said, Bowles is probably scared to death of losing his job and will run the veteran out there.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Grandpa will NOT last behind this line, in fact it will be hard for any of them to not get hurt this year. I will say it again it is easy for GMs to make the obvious picks on draft day when guys are just falling to you, but to totally neglect the O line over and over is just asinine and makes no sense. Mac is not the smartest guy in the room and this is NOT how you build your line or protect any of your Qbs let alone the future of your organization. Yes its only 2 preseason games so time will tell not how good this line is but IMO how bad it is,,,,,ps don't let me get started on the linebackers.

#25 CBG, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If Bowles is as predictable as has been with previous QB personnel, he'll put the one on the field behind the center that he feels will give him the best chance to win games. At this point, it has to be Bridgewater. He's got MUCH more ability than McCown and MUCH more experience than Darnold.

This really is a no-brainer.

With this OL, putting a young inexperienced player behind them is like planting daisies in front of a herd of buffaloes. Sam has to sit for a while.

CBG, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I agree with you @Longsuffering88 1000% why trade a proven player for a crap-shoot have you guys seen our recent draft history ? (plz don't bring up Sam) as a whole for the last 20 years ... we finally might have some QB depth and here we wanna get rid of the guy already for what might be a third rounder AKA Mauldin, Stewart, Jenkins, McDougle, etc ...

CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If we can get a pro bowl lineman I'm all for it !

chandler likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Did any of you actually watch the game? It won't surprise me if the Jets have all three of these QBs, plus two others on IR before the end of the season. If you really want to get rid of one of them, it better be in a trade that nets two starting linemen right now.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The run blocking was also pretty bad. I'm just hoping it was just the shuffling of the players because of all the injuries. We do know so far from what they have shown that the depth in this area is not very good.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ahahaha...just a typo ..keep Teddy Long .....Term

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What an intelligent response.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Darnold could learn from the mistakes he makes on the field, but this line is in no shape to have a rookie QB under center unless Winters and Beachum are ready to go. Teddy will have the Jets winning games right away which might be good for Darnold to see a professional QB go to work.

BomberJet, NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

I too have said for awhile that I preferred Teddy as the starter if he was a good as he was pre-injury or even better, which he very well may be.
    Rumors are this is last year for McCown as a player and we are looking to sign him as our QB coach for 2019, as Bates is currently the OC+QBC. Ideally, I would like to start that plan NOW. Cut McCown and sign him as a coach immediately.
    Lastly, I would like to add a 3rd QB and I think there could be a gem out there soon. Steelers coaches are in love with Landry Jones(vet) to be Ben's backup and they just spent a 3rd rd pick on Rudolph, so they aren't cutting Rudolph or putting him on PS. Dobbs is the odd man out and he SEEMS to be the 2nd best QB on their roster at the moment. If Steelers cut, him, Jets should claim him immediately. If Pitt puts him on PS, still claim him.
    2019 right now our QB depth chart is 1 guy-- Darnold.
    I believe Bridgewater is a starter quality qb in the NFl and he WANTS to start, so I doubt Teddy signs with us once he becomes a FA end of this season. If we claim Dobbs, 2019 could be Darnold/Dobbs as 1/2 and I'd be just fine with that. If Teddy wants to re-sign with us, I'm all for it, but I doubt he would.

15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

just calling them. don't get angwy

16. legler82

Both, Teddy and Darnold,are mobile, accurate and quick processors. Thus, I don't get the premise that this line is good enough for one and not the other. Is it the expendable factor (i.e., Jets fans don't give a f*ck if Teddy gets hurts)? If yes, Darnold would have to be the next man up anyway unless the plan is for him to do a Hack-like redshirt.

17. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

unless Teddy throws 5 tds in the starting spot next game you can kiss him goodbye. the jets drafted a guy in the top 3. they would be committing media and fan suicide by starting Bwater

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You make too much sense stop it.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teddy, I believe more than likely would be able to get the team in the right position to make a play. It's more-so mental; plus Teddy has to prove himself this year. IDK if Darnold is completely ready just yet.

20. legler82

One would think that someone who likes to question others' intellect would be intelligent enough to ascertain what is and what's not an angry post. Dude if your last couple of posts are an indicator, you are not smart enough to get me "angwy". GO JETS Fam!!!

HomeoftheJets likes this.