Five Predictions for Tommorow’s Matchup

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ChrisJetLife, Aug 15, 2018.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Predictions:

1) Brent Qvale struggles and we see Sam on the run a lot....but making plays
    2) Clive Walford makes some plays this game
    3) Nathan Shepherd continues looking good at point of attack
    4) Our pass rush looks better than expected, maybe a sack or two
    5) Teddy Bridgewater goes for two touchdown drives and continues his positive momentum,

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think it's:

Start Darnold week 2. Then:

1. If Darnold is good start Darnold week 3
    1a. If Darnold is okay week 3 start Darnold week 1 of the regular season
    1b. If Darnold is bad week 3 pull him early and let Bridgewater take over
    1b1. If Bridgewater is okay start Bridgewater week 1 of the regular season
    1b2. If Bridgewater is bad start McCown week 1 of the regular season
    2. If Darnold is bad start Teddy week 3
    2a. If Bridgewater is good week 3 start Bridgewater week 1 of the regular season
    2b. If Bridgewater is bad week 3 start McCown week 1 of the regular season

And get a fucking camp arm for Week 4.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can't hide my enthusiasm regarding Terrell Pryor. Has a real opportunity of becoming one of the league's biggest offseason steals.

For an actual example 2016 was his first year making the transition from an NFL QB to an NFL WR. And during his first season at a new position he emerged onto the NFL season for Cleveland with Josh McCown as his QB.

To the tune of 15 starts consisting of 77 receptions for 1,007 receiving yards along with 4 TD receptions.

@ 6'4 and with speed to kill he's lightning in a bottle, and imo a 2018 must watch.

My prediction for tonight.

"Terrell Pryor absolutely erupts against his former team".

Months ago a Washington Redskins player made a physical threat against and at Terrell. Warning him of retaliation. Pryor has not since forgotten, and neither have the Jets.

Pryor seems dialed in, focused and ready to matchup against his former teammates. I can really see him having a big night while Jet teammates rally around him. They've got his back tonight.

Edit: Pryor not playing. Disregard post. Next man up. Jordan Leggett. He better be playing. High hopes for him. ACC & all. Let's get it Leggett.

#23 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. ChrisJetLife

ChrisJetLife Member

Pryor is not playing tonight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It may be good if a Redskin does start some shit with Pryor. That should bring the team together and certainly would make Pryor bond with the Jets.

Edit: Since he's not playing tonite, fck it... :)

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea. Guess the whole ankle thing is holding him back. I seen him practicing against Washington so automatically assumed he was healthy and ready to go.

Little disappointed to not see him take the field in green and white once again, espicially against his former teammates in Washington but who knows, maybe him not playing tonight against those guys is for the better. There's a bigger goal: #2018.

Darnold I can't help it. I want him to take the bull by it's horns, on the road, and have a repeat performance of Atlanta. Avoid big hits, escape the game injury free, gain another feel for the speed of the game, flash with his arm and have fun out there.

Head into week 3 against NYG with nothing but confidence and a real shot at 2018's opening night starter @ Detroit.

Teddy Bridgewater. Man. 150.5 QB Rating during his 1st action back? Like Josh McCown stated just watching Teddy march down that field during his 1st drive and into a TD scoring drive was magical. A very special moment that was. That drive instantly turned and developed into an NFL Buzz once again surrounding his name. I hope Teddy Bridgewater lights it up but more importantly stays safe. And no one deserves to have fun with his teammates more than Teddy himself.

About to do the whole family ritual thing and head to my older brothers for the game. Preseason or not I'm pumped.

2018's preseason just feels like it has real meaning. You gotta absolutely love it it's been a long time coming.

ChrisJetLife likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If Alex Smith played the first half instead of 1 series, I surmise the Jets would have been down 17-3 at half.