New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That always looked a retarded dolphin to me.

NY Jets68 and LF911SC like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The way they've played too many times over the years, this is the uniform that they deserved to wear.

GQMartin and Acad23 like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

What's next, Confederate flag pants? I always hated that pink nonsense, btw. Marketing! Let's target girls with the color pink! Rrrrrrr! I used to have some pretty cool shirts back in the day, and we still have some really great gear that you'll never be able to find anywhere now. Not really in the way of jerseys, but coats, jackets, sweatshirts with the new/old emblem (late 70s), coffee mugs, aprons, steins, etc. I'll take some photos when I get the chance.

One of my Jets jackets has the new/old emblem on it. Some wasted idiot at a game burned a cigarette hole on the sleeve on the concourse of The Old Dump during a cattle car shove on the way to the restroom (yeah, back in the days when you could smoke at games). I was so mad. We went to my folks house after the game for our regular traditional Sunday guinea pasta meal (we always went there to eat after the game - my Daddy was too sick to attend games anymore), and my Daddy goes, "Hold on a second. I just remembered something." He rummaged around in his dresser drawer with shaking hands (Parkinsonism) and found a Jets patch that had to be from at least '67 - and that's a stretch. My Mom sewed it on while I minded the stove. It improved the jacket, so thanks wasted idiot guy! It's actually pretty badass. I'll definitely upload that one.

Anyway, I had this Jets T-shirt that was a tailgate staple and a good luck charm. It was ancient. When it started to get really raggy it became a Studio shirt (where all decrepit T-shirts go to die), so of course it was paint spattered. I still wore it to games, but when it finally started to completely fall apart to the point that I would've been arrested for indecent exposure, I had to retire it. I had no choice. I played TAPS. The following Sunday I showed up in new T-shirt. "OH,NO! YOU BITCH! YOU JINXED US FOREVER!" I got blamed for every single Jets loss for years after that. What was this about again? Jets uniforms. Right.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Bowles and others wear a lot of dark grey with a hint of grey trimmed Jet gear with simple Jets or NY logos. I wonder if there's anything to that

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm stuck in LA and Jets hats & Tee's are as rare as hens teeth.

I get Jets swag at work...nobody wants the Jets stuff 'cept me.

GQMartin likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

At this point...my dog has more Jets shit than I do.

[​IMG]

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Do they sell white or gold Rams apparel right now?

Acad23 likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good to see PhillyStackz is alive and well.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You can feel that the Rams are winning the hearts & minds of LA.

They are doing lots of promotional work.
    Smart organization.

The Chargers are the Jets of Los Angeles.:confused:

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Still can’t believe the moved out of SD. Almost moved to La Jolla in ‘05.

What a great area.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hate to see fan bases lose their teams. Oakland is next too. Moving to Vegas. Potentially losing Mack. And then losing their favorite team.

As much as I can not stand Buffalo fans... It would have been absolutely heartbreaking to see them lose the Bills. They really do love their team with a passion.

I could not imagine losing the Jets. I could never in a million years root for the Giants, Bills or godfbid Buccaneers. I'd completely turn my back on the NFL and would never watch another gane.

"The Oklahoma Jets".

OMG.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Before LA got the Rams and Chargers back I secretly wished the Jets would somehow land here.

I'm selfish like that.

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Chargers will eventually be moved back to SD. NFL is still seething over losing that market (Metro area is 17th largest in America) LA doesn't need two teams and it remains to be seen if they will ever develop a longstanding devotion to the Rams. Chargers have an even greater uphill climb. Nobody even wanted them there. Nobody even likes them.

15. NCJetsfan

The bold is not true at all. My niece lives in San Diego, and she knows many people that are very upset about the Chargers leaving.

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well that's what I meant. Nobody cares for them in LA they are a non entity and if anything...disliked. San Diego loved them. I understand right now they are mad at everything but once it's announced that the Chargers are returning they will embrace them with open arms

17. NCJetsfan

Sorry. With your use of the past tense of the verbs, it sounded to me as if you were talking about San Diego, not LA.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

A colleague lives in SD and has season tickets to the Padres, donates half the tickets but the other half he and his wife and a bunch of friends ride their bikes down the hill to the stadium and just have a grand old American pastime time.

Dammit. So good.

How the hell did SD not hang onto that team?!?

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

LA Rams love is in full effect.

The Chargers are unloved and unwanted it seems. They are laying low till 2020 when they move into the new super duper stadium...brought to you by Walmart.

20. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Think that all of the uniforms for all 32 teams need to be updated. To keep in touch with the 21st century. My two cents worth.