The TE race

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Aug 13, 2018.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

One is a WR and the other a TE (so may not be the best assessment) but i see a lot of Quincy Enunwa in Christopher Herndon's game.

Although Herndon does have Enunwa by 2 inches and a good 25-30 lbs, i just see so much of Enunwa within his physical style of play .

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I was glad to learn that Leggett wasn't re-injured this TC, but just dealing with swelling from the surgery following last year's injury. He should be fine.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

College highlights can pretty much make them all look great but I really do love Jordan Leggett's overall length & size as a 6'5/258 pass catching TE. Very athletically gifted too.

Can't wait to see him take the field tomorrow night.

At 6'5/258 he's physically built within the same mold as the likes of a Travis Kelce (6'5/260), Zach Ertz (6'5/250) and Greg Olsen (6'5/255). Some of my favorites.

I haven't been able to believe for the life of me just how many Jet fans have been predicting Jordan Leggett as an odd man out.

As a Front Office you don't "just quit" on a prospect that you only drafted last year, not due to a rookie injury you don't (unless career threatening).

It's like fans have already forgotten that Leggett was considered as a top 5 TE heading into last years draft and throughout his college career his biggest and most clutch performances have came during his biggest games. Against Alabama. I can't forget that.

Both Christopher Herndon and Jordan Leggett are both locks to make this 2018 Jets roster (while Walford, Tomlinson & Sterling all 3 battle it out from there).

#43 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If he can't stay fit then he is next to useless to anybody, he can be the living reincarnation of Gronkowski but no use if he misses games, he has already missed a full season and been injured again this training camp, it isn't screaming durability to me or any of the other posters who are making him the odd man out, so instead of saying we have forgotten him.

You say they can't move on from a draft pick, you have to ask yourself why they then went and drafted another the very next season and then brought in another (Walfard) to battle against Tomlinson and Sterling if they thought he was the man moving forward.

5 to whittle down to 3 ?

Add in Flowers who is a FB/TE hybrid and it becomes a tricky choice all round.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t think they’ll give up on Leggett so quickly, he’s REALLY talented and he and Herndon could be our Gronk and Hernandez without the shirtless dancing and murder/suicide.

themorey likes this.
  6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Leggett suiting up tmrw night or nah?

7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

He'd better or Tomlinson will be the only TE in the game.

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Herndon ( 6'4" 252) and Leggett look like twins separated at birth

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well one has to stay fit and the other sober and then we will see ;)

Tomlinson is a lock for the blocker role IMO so we have 2 draftees and a FA and I am not sure where we got Sterling from without checking now going for the 2 remaining spaces, tbh honest I like the thought of Flowers being able to do a similar job as a catching FB but that then squeezes the space tighter still.

Most of all we need the talent out on the pitch for 16 games really, certainly 14+ anyway.

#49 K'OB, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  10. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Ive read that Tomlinson has really worked on his receiving this off season and has been noticeably better

NCJetsfan likes this.