Official Training Camp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BacktoQueens, Jul 28, 2018.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

NY Jets68 and FJF like this.
  3. The highlights from the session & comments from the jets writers support the assertion unfortunately

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but I wouldn't put much stock into any of this until the season actually starts. Not only are certain guys limited or not playing, ie. Pryor and Crowell, but the mindset just isn't there as it would be in a real game. Darnold is still learning the playbook and still adjusting to the NFL speed and talent. Guys are still developing chemistry with him. And I'm sure our coaching staff isn't using a full playbook.

I played collegiate level baseball and can tell you for a fact that our mindset was not the same in a preseason scrimmage and preseason practices as it was come GameDay and in between games during the regular season. Preseason I spent much of my time working on parts of my game that needed improvement and I used scrimmages to simulate a real game scenario to perfect those aspects. I wasn't worried about beating the other team. I'm only speaking for myself here, but it was the same with all the guys I played with. I can't imagine it's any different in the NFL

CotcheryFan likes this.
  5. Yeah no doubt its a different kind of competition than an actual game..and its one thing for the skins to have “won the practice” but i mean our DBs were getting beat like a drum by their less than stellar WRs/Alex smith,our lines got beat up by thier lines & our O did nothing in 11-on-11.

I just thiught we were passed being outclassed talent wise..and the skins are nowhere near a top squad

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol

Based on two preseason practices it's clear the Redskins are a better team. This could very well end up being true but please don't listen to anyone making proclamations based on a couple of practices in August.

Attackett and CotcheryFan like this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets had a bad day. Dog days of camp. Its how we play in Detroit that matters

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I understand the worry, but again, take this with a huge grain of salt. Not only is it coming from a Redskins reporter, but it is coming in August with 2 days of joint practices. And again, injuries and players not at 100%.

It's all a process. It's hard for me to believe that the same defense that made the Falcons starting offense look stupid is now worse than the Redskins lol

Brook! and Bowles Movement like this.
  9. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Seriously, we're judging how good teams are based on scrimmages? I need to lose sleep on this one.....'Redskins are better than the Jets'.......zzzzzzzzzzz

CotcheryFan likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

They’re not tackling to the ground?

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I mean we did kick Atlanta's ass, that has to count at least as much as a couple practices. Nothing that happens in preseason aside from injuries is really worth stressing over.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Tell that to the Falcons who raced onto the field in the waning seconds to attempt a FG to avoid a shutout in a preseason opener.......then they missed it to boot. Bunch of clowns.......

14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

2008 Detroit Lions.

4-0 in the preseason.

0-16 in the regular season.

Nothing that's happened to this point means anything.

15. You guys will have to forgive me..its my battered jets fan syndrome.Ive reached a point where im ok losing..but the being outclassed talent wise esp by average teams even if just hinted at is enough to send me into lockdown

Brook! likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

2017 Cleveland Browns. Also undefeated in the preseason.

themorey likes this.
  17. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

I’ve been reading that Sam Darnold is having difficulty with deep passes. Could this be due to the change in throwing motion or having a quicker release? Does he lack arm strength?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think it's the change in his motion. He used to have an extra-long windup on deep balls, and cutting that out may be why he's underthrowing them now. Hopefully he makes the adjustment; it's easier to correct a consistently underthrown ball than it is to correct throwing the ball all over the place.

19. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

That loss was literally one of the saddest moments of my Jets fandom...I know there’s a lot of playoff losses competing (and #1 is actually probably the Doug Brien game) but for some reason that one hit me very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.