ArDarius Stewart Suspended 2 Games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Stewart might be a lost cause. On top of the suspension, he looks like he’s in over his head on the field. Dropped a pass, almost caused an interception on a bad route and almost ruined this play

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Based on the suspension and what I saw this preseason game, I'd be hard pressed to justify a roster spot for Stewart.

Guys like Charles Johnson are clearly outperforming him.
    Even Tre McBride, who has kick returning experience and is having a good camp, is currently offering more value.

We currently have 12 WR's on the roster, and I think we should keep 7 this year, but if might only be 6.
    Kearse, Enunwa, Anderson, Pryor, Hansen are locks.
    That leaves one roster spot (Johnson, Stewart, Peake, Trinnaman, or McBride), plus one more for returns (Roberts, Whitehead or McBride)..
    Stewart needs to step it up big time or he's an odd man out.

3. Im worried that this WR corps is nowhere near as deep as many believed.

We saw how bad Stewart was last night & hes higher on the depth chart than Hanson who other than some 7-on-7 stuff hasnt done much.

Meanwhile Peake still cant stay healthy & has not stepped up in 3 yrs time.Johnson,Mcbride,Roberts & Whitehead are all spare parts most of whom are here for their returning abilities.

As of this second once you get past Kearse,Anderson,Pryor & Enunwa its alot more questions than answers.

I give Stewart this week practices/game & if its not night & day difference It maybe time to cut him.Malcolm Mitchell was released by Patriots & while i think he was over drafted he still has good potential.See if he can stick in this Bates offense

Jets81, ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Stewart showed flashes last year so I'm not ready to give up on him. I hope he can put it all back together now that we have a QB that is a real threat with his arm.

Also Kevin Pierre-Louis was suspended for one game as a result of a marijuana possession charge in KC, according to the NY Times today.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

to me good depth is 4 guys...after that, we're talking guys who would get so few snaps that Im not concerned. 4 solid is pretty good depth.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's not bad. Especially if Pryor is back on track this year. You could actually have a really good WR corp of 1. Anderson 2. Pryor 3. Enunwa 4. Kearse and then shift Kearse and Pryor around depending on the call. Hopefully Hansen or Stewart develops into a solid WR. Peake is a lost cause, and like you said, those other guys are nothing special. Overall, it is a decent group of WR's. Hopefully they stay healthy. Hopefully a TE like Herndon steps up too to give Darnold plenty of options if/when he is named the Starter.

CotcheryFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sounds like Stewart is had a good practice today.

8. Short term it isnt bad but long term is largely uncertain

A.Kearse more of a veteran realistically very replaceable a year or 2 down the line

B.Anderson-OFT issues & that smallish frame..definitely some uncertainty

C.Enunwa-Contraft year coming off a seson ending neck injury for a very physcal contact initiating player

D.Pryor-Health issues & here on a 1 year deal

Not alot to count on long term & we already have at least 2/5 of an OL to address & pass rush

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Don't forget Hansen. He might become a reliable target for Darnold when the time comes. As for the OL and pash rush, those are priority 1 and 1a for next offseason. Ideally, one gets addressed in FA and the other in the draft. Not having a 2nd rounder won't make it easy though.

10. Bottom line is we need him and/or Stewart to step up.But i already said in prior post Hanson is currently behind Stewart on depth chart & hasnt done much but for some 7 on 7 stuff..hopefully he steps up

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Uncertainty about what exactly ?

12. Injury or further suspension..

Can he be reliable

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Oddly, I rarely think about him when I consider this season. That's a good thing. Keep the expectations low. More opportunity for Chad.

14. K'OB

Well I think entering his third season would give you sense if his injury proneness, it seems to me to be currently low to none existent.

Further suspension, did I miss one ?

15. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

If a vet is on the roster for opening game his salary is guaranteed for the year

16. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

If you are referring to Stewart, it’s just his second season

17. No he was referring to Anderson..

And i hope hes right that Anderson can be counted on long term..thatd be a very good thing

K'OB likes this.
  18. K'OB

I wasn't.

Bowles Movement likes this.