Protect Sam at all costs during the Giants game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Aug 12, 2018.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

We must protect SAAAAAM!
    [​IMG]

FJF, Royal Tee, HomeoftheJets and 3 others like this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Not saying that he can't. Just saying the way to prevent injury is to keep him out of a certain game based on a perception that they don't like us. Or that Chad Pennington landed on his hand awkwardly and broke that hand. As if It was anything other than an accidental break that could have happened against any team.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D I appreciate that reference! Not many may get it, but pretty clever. Well done!

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I said early on that it's fortuitous that Sam can make plays on the run...'cause on the run he will be...at least until the o-line gels.

It's also good that Sam is a big corn-fed kid. He was a linebacker in high school.

He's tough & smart...and he's got great vision on the field and knows how to slide.

He'll be fine.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I was kidding, this is the reason to have 4 QB's on the roster

Brook! and egelband like this.
  6. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Fixed it for you.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ok. He's a great teammate.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck the Gints.

Sam Darnold is gonna take way more heat when he starts winning games.

He's smart enough to adjust the protection pre-snap.

Let's pray the running back(s) can pick up blitzs...

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Play him the whole game.

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Since the 2013 season the mediocre Giants are 33-47. They're trending downward with a rusty old quarterback without a top prospect to replace him on their current roster. Drafting Saquon Barkley was short-sighted, and they'll regret it while languishing in NFL PURGATORY. Yesir, the Circus now is Big and Blue. **Diabolical Laughter**

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m guessing Barkley’s not even going to play in that game.

Tweaked his hamstring today, heavily wrapped, seen limping around the facility.

With thighs like his, this could linger or recur for a good long time.

Thank you New York Giants.

Thank you.

12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Cespedian Thighs

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just had to double check. As of two hours ago the last report has it as not a significant injury and just a mild strain. Coaching staff said they'll be smart with him moving along.

Bummer. Not only was Saquon Barkley my favorite offensive skilled position player drafted over the past 10+ years (coming out) since Adrian Peterson but as a Jets fan who's excited about our 2018 defense I was so pumped up to see our Gang Green defense face off against this dude.

I wouldn't trade Sam for the world of me and I'm no Giants fan but damn, I was amped to see him play against us.

Who knows, since it's not considered as significant I may just get my wish and see him play; although really wouldn't be shocked to see him shut down until week one.

Speaking of AP28...

That 2007 draft outside of an All-Time 1st overall bust (Jamarcus Rusell) imo, was one of the greatest 1st rounds ever that I've ever seen with Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis. Marshawn Lynch, DarrelleRevis and even
    LaRon Landry (another Safety out of LSU, injuries destroyed him) all drafted within the top 14. That. To me. Is outrageous type nuts.

But yea. I hope Saquon lines up against us come week 3. Would be an awesome test for our defense or at the very least an exciting one for all of us that followed the draft (all of us).

The New York Jets and Sam Darnold.
    Vs.
    The New York Giants and Saquon Barkley.

Preseason or not that excites me as a fan right there.

Dear Lord would it be amazing if Darnold ends up a Rookie of the Year, a multiple time All-Pro, multiple x league MVP and a SB winner. Just knowing that NYG passed on Sam 2nd overall (all for an aging Eli) would be epic.

Sam Darnold & Saquon Barkley could end up representing a new era of NY Football and bragging rights amongst fan bases. Barkley #2 & Darnold #3 could always and forever be joined at the hip.

2018: A new cross town rivalry and subway series may have just been birthed.

And I got my money on Sam.

#33 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    LF911SC likes this.
  14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Barkley isn’t in my top 3 backs let alone top 10 offensive skill prospects of the last decade.

Let’s see him not break tackles with a bum hammy.

#34 Rollo Tomassi, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  15. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

I saw Saquon up close in the Rose Bowl, man was he exciting.....lots of jaw dropping plays. He did taunt us a little, by doing the goodnight gesture after scoring a TD on our side of the stadium. Sammy showed him, tho. Lol.

Hear he is also a high character young man, my favorite type of athlete, we could use more like him than the strutting, crotch grabbing, name taking selfish athletes.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets vs. the Giants. Our bathroom was gutted at the time, but of course I had the back page of The New York Post pinned to the dry wall. The 1993 season, the Jets went 8 - 8, but a crap season was worth looking at Ronnie Lott raising his hands after the Jets beat Giants 10 -6 every time I had to pee. The only thing in there was a toilet. Haha, who remembers when they started cutting off beer at The Old Dump at HT whenever the Jets played the Giants? There used to be so many fights it was Shea all over again.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I still have that paper somewhere.....the headline was HAPPY HALLOWGREEN...........the game was played Oct 31 in a steady drizzle.

jetophile likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, that's right. On my favorite day of the year!

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That 1993 season was very strange.......the Jets had even more than their share of bad luck. Blown leads, dropped passes, bad refs....that defense was a very solid unit...they posted back to back road shutouts towards the end of the year. They were literally 4-5 plays away from a 12-4 record......

20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

That team was 8-5 and had a legit D. Should've been in the playoffs

F'n Cary Blanchard. Travesty in Buffalo. Bills also had fumble a yard shy of the endzone, roll OUT of the endzone for a touchback and Jets ball right? Nope. Refs call touchdown Bills. That was Patriots level stuff