Protect Sam at all costs during the Giants game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Aug 12, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

As we get closer to the only preseason game that actually has any semblamce of meaning, I just hope that the Jets realize that protecting Sam in this game in particular is of paramount importance.

The Giants ownership has always put massive pressure on their staff and players to beat the Jets. Scumbag Wellington Mara fired Allie Sherman for losing a pre season game to the Jets in 1969. Because of Shermans contract he had continue paying him through 74!. John Mara grew up with his father not allowing Namath's name to even be uttered that's the level of contempt he had for them. The last straw for Tom Coughlin was losing to the Jets in 2015 (reg season)

I recall in the 80s the Giants blitzing and taking crazy runs at O'Brien during those summer games. Strahan busted Penningtons shoulder and he was never the same. Sure Rex was an idiot putting Sanchez back in but the Giants were out for blood and sure enough knocked him out. And how about Coughlin in that very same game...clownishly trying to ice a kicker in a PRE SEASON OT game. Have never seen anything like that in my life. But that's what the Mara's demand

Don't think for a second they aren't already feeling worried/threatened by Darnold and the prospect of him taking over the city for the next 15 years.

Bottom line is they have the green light to play dirty in this game and we have to be prepared to defend 14 and fight fire with fire

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sanchez went down in a preseason game against them, didn't he?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that was not the Giants' plan, it was the Jets' plan.

GordonGecko, Kris 15, macbk and 7 others like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then they better protect Saquon Barkley as well.

Because we have the type of defense. Being led by Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye and Darron Lee. Who can all play fast and hit hard.

I get what you're saying. Great points. Excellent post. But we have the type of locker room that won't back down from a dog fight. They try and hurt Darnold and believe me you, my dude Saquon Barkley will be hunted and he'll be in trouble.

I knew 100% that our locker room was going to protect Terrell Pryor after physical threats from a Redskins player two months ago. And I knew heading into yesterday's practice against Washington that our players were looking to fight. And that they did.

NYG's try anything funny with Sam Darnold @ QB, and they better not even think about dressing their 1st round 2nd overall kid. If so, he'll leave with head concussions, cracked ribs, broken legs and/or in a body bag (Yes. Sam is untouchable). Eli Manning can then get it too. Be careful what they wish for .

Queen for queen. Piece for piece. An eye for an eye. Although as a Franchise our Jets do have more to lose.

I'm just as worried for Darnol during Washington's game as you are Giants.

As you seen and/or heard about today; that game has all the makings of an intense preseason matchup with two locker rooms who aren't looking to back down anytime soon.

And it's a Nationally televised broadcast? Approach with caution.

#4 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    playtowinthegame likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Let McCown play the 4th qtr with the 4th string o line who cares if he gets hurt....should have 4 QB's in camp just for this reason

Cman68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

it wasn't pennington's shoulder, he injured his wrist in his non throwing hands and it was Brandon short not strahan. he was back the same season wearing a glove with a brace in it. he hurt the shoulder in 2004 against Bills.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

FINALLY somebody who gets it! I hate the Giants almost as much as Miami and the Cheats. "If the Jets are out of contention, I go for the Giants." What kind of freakin' idiocy is that?! That's youth talking, that's what. Oh, look, cool!

[​IMG]

Remember Brandon Jacobs saying years ago, "We're the real kings on New York"? Eat shit. The Maras! Slowly I turned . . . Those two Super Bowls vs. the Cheats, that was a bitter pill to swallow. Personally I wished that they could've thrown grenades at each other instead of footballs, but I had to side with the slightly lesser of two evils. Generally I root for the AFC, but I had to shove my dignity down and compromise my principles for those two match-ups unfortunately. Why? Because the Cheats and their fanbase are such insufferable a-holes. Siding, that's really not exactly the way it was. I wasn't rooting for the Giants to win. It's far more accurate to say I was rooting for the Cheats to lose. Schadenfreude is a helluva drug, and I have to admit the glee was strong hearing and watching Cheats fans cry in their coffee. "We were robbed!" As Bugs Bunny would say, "Murderrrrr!" Haha, Cheats fans saying they were robbed, you can't make it up. That's like saying Bernie Maidoff is an honest, upstanding citizen. But yeah, Giants, boo, hiss.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good Post ..I think the tide is turning in our favor for NY Football..

Well what can I say other than what I've posted that Mac can't leave out the Offensive line in his immediate plans!

I read online in the Jersey news that after one preseason game our O line got good grades allowing only one sack of SD and one hurry

Giants vs Jets has always been a bragging rights game and this year the same...is the NYG Defense that good ? I hear it has sucked

But look at the gifted kid we have and I trust his instincts to run when necessary,feel the pressure etc. Most evaluators can't get over how good he is at that ..I say let the Giants bring it ..Sam should handle it

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

One thing you can be sure you've heard the last of is Barkley talking about growing up a huge Jets fan and idolizing Curtis Martin. You know the Giants org will muzzle him on that fast!

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It was Pennington's hands..metacarpals busted I believe... Sanchez was the Shoulder..
    Memory foggy but I think so.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Great thing about the Jets WC O. mostly Short passes.

Just get rid of the ball to the receiver quickly, Sammy baby and you'll be fine against anybody.

Hell look at Chad last year (until he got hurt)

Lam

12. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Think this is a case of fan perception.

Phil Simms was knocked out of a season and a chunk of another season in this matchup.

Osi U was injured and missed an entire season in this game.

Jason Sehorn had his career basically end after blowing his knee out vs the Jets.

Eli was destroyed and left bloody, could easily have been hurt

Football players get injured. Happens all too often, unfortunately but you cant shield players

13. jetophile

Yeah, it was his hand, how can I forget. I don't care what anyone says, if Pennington didn't have a bum shoulder, oh, what could've been. People have short memories of him pre-injury. I'm not saying he had a great deep ball, but it was sufficient. His accuracy, however, was off the wall. The Jets stupidly rushed him back after his first rotator cuff injury, which of course, he easily re-tore. He was only capable of lobbing nerf balls after that, but it used to get me annoyed how many Jets "fans" ragged on him that he sucked, 'Noodle Arm', 'Penny the Towel Boy', etc. Chad taking a header vs. Buffalo was indeed stupid on his part, but how being injured/injury prone = you suck never made any sense to me. And yeah, I'm gonna say it. When Pennington hobbled off the field and some Jets fans cheered, no, you weren't cheering that he was hobbling off the field on his own power, you liars. You know who you are.

The Jets kind of did him dirty at the end and what happens? He winds up with the Miami Pukes. Speaking of puking, I almost ralphed the first time I saw him in a Dolphins uniform. Disgusting. And then he was Comeback Player of the Year, knocked the Jets out of contention, and wins the AFCE. You couldn't write a better screenplay if you tried. If I wasn't so steadfastly loyal to the laundry, I would've been ALMOST happy for him. He's a good egg, though. I'll always have a soft spot for him. I really wish he would come back in some capacity for the Jets, but he's repeatedly said he has no interest. He was mentoring Mayfield some months back, though. Hmmmph.

14. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Ah, the memories!

Youre right, what could have been, Chad gets too little love

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Whoever said play mccown in the fourth qtr who cares if he gets hurts should be banned for a week. Jack ass.

egelband likes this.
  16. jetophile

I can't tell you how many times I've posted that video here or anywhere else. Who says white guys can't dance? Miami, ow, where's the eyewash.

LF911SC likes this.
  17. jetophile

Hopefully he does the Jets chant and falls down on purpose.

18. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Chad is the only other QB during the Brady run to win the AFC east. Once with the Jets and once with the Dolphins.

LF911SC likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While I agree with your post, the HC can still make wise decisions that don’t put his starting QB or his possible FQB in a position to get hurt by allowing him to play behind an o line of guys that will be substitute teachers at the end of Preseason.

If the QB gets hurt playing with starters I can live with that as a fan.

20. jetophile

Jack ass, I'll kill you! Long before your time here.

matt robinson 17 likes this.