To Which Team & When Teddy Is Traded?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The only way I see us getting anything for Teddy is if a starter on another team gets injured. The way I see it all teams are pretty much set at starting QB. If I were the Giants I would jump at the idea of Teddy as a backup & eventual starter. Same goes for Miami, Bengals, Saints, maybe Chargers & Broncos.

What's your take on trading Teddy.

#1 BudJet, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If a team needs a starting QB, they'll cough up the 2nd. All Teddy has to do is hold up under contact and keep playing at a high level. If Macc pulls this off, all sins forgiven. :)

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Did you watch the Denver game last night?

Injury may not be the only catalyst for a trade here.

#3 GQMartin, Aug 12, 2018
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We trade him when a team is desperate enough to part with a high draft pick to acquire him, preferably at least a 2nd rounder.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think a team would have to be pretty desperate to give up a 2nd, considering he will be a FA after the season.

Holding out hope tho, as that would be perfect scenario for the Jets.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Circumstances can change. We still have the 2nd and 3rd pre season games. The 3rd is the closes to real football we're going to get so perhaps other QBs get hurt. Or disappoint enough so that other teams get desperate. I would hold out for a 2nd as long as possible and then settle for a 3rd.

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Let’s take it easy with shoving Bridgewater out the door. It was the first preseason game. It may turn out we want him around for a while

8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If Derek Carr were to get injured and lost for the season we could trade them Teddy for Mack. Maybe throw in a 6th rd pick. I'm feeling generous. :D

Footballgod214, Zach, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Let's at least try to get him to the NFC.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This will never happen but it makes a ton of sense for the Giants to go after Teddy if he can keep it up over the next three games. He’s probably already better than Eli, assuming he stays healthy, and they would most likely work out an extension before trading for him so he can step in day one next year and provide competition, and probably win the job honestly.

11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If it comes down to trading with the Giants, I would say put aside the rivalry and think about making the Jets better. Yes it would help the hated Giants but it will be out weighed by the fact that we are improving our roster.

egelband likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, but make them pay thru the nose.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I disagree. Think they’d have to go to Davis Webb first.

Though this would be extremely damning for new leadership who professed Eli has a lot left in the tank.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think the best and most probable scenario includes bortles shitting the bed in Jax and trading teddy for Fowler.

#14 FJF, Aug 12, 2018
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

If this were the case then we should have never drafted Sam Darnold to begin with @ 3rd overall, and instead, should have drafted Quenton Nelson (an O-Linman out of Notre Dame) in order to shore up our offensive line for Teddy Bridgewater; just as Indianapolis just did for Andrew Luck with their drafting of Quenton Nelson @ 6th overall.

Look. I absolutely love Teddy Bridgewater. A former 1st round draft pick. Made the PFWA All-Rookie team (2014). Earned Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors (2014). Selected to the Pro-Bowl as a 2nd year player (2015). And also one of the most accurate young NFL QB's of All-Time with a career completion percentage of 64.9% along with an overall solid career QB Rating of 87.0.

But we can not keep him long term or even as you stated, for a while. We just can't. The book was closed on Teddy Bridgewater as a Jet the very moment we traded up for and then drafted Sam Darnold.

The most we can hope for, is for Teddy Bridgewater to continue outstanding performance throughout our preseason in order for us to trade him for a 2nd round draft pick due to increasing his trade value.

It's either we trade him before the trade deadline or as a Franchise we lose him to free agency this up coming offseason for absolutely nothing in return.

He still dreams of being a starting NFL QB.

He's attempting to comeback and return to full strength after suffering a non-contact injury to his left leg. A torn ACL and also suffered other structural damage, including a dislocation of the knee joint.

He's not here to be Sam Darnold's backup. He wants to start. And with Sam Darnold now a Jet: There is no way Teddy Bridgewater aggrees to say here long term. None.

My biggest fear. Sam Darnold bust's/flops and Teddy Bridgewater goes on to become an NFL star & top 5 QB. Just our luck.

Regardless. We're not in position to keep Teddy on the bench as a long term option. We either find a trading partner before the trade deadline or we lose him for absolutely nothing.

It's that simple. Black & White. There is no in between.

SOJAZ, playtowinthegame and BudJet like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't see why everyone wants to trade or unload this guy,,,as I have been telling friends since we acquired Bridgewater is that " IF he is healthy he could easily be our starter going into the season and could hang on to the job all year if he stays healthy " ,,,to trade him for a 2nd rounder is,,,,well let me just say when was the last time Mac or anyone else did well with a 2nd round pick for the jets ? let Darnold sit until ready even if it means all year and let Teddy play if healthy,,,IMO

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Much of that is indeed true, and I don’t dispute it. My point is that if bridgewater is indeed healthy and can play at a high level, I’m not going to anoint Darnold after one preseason appearance. I’ve seen a lot of phenoms go bust. I believe bridgewater should be the opening day starter, unless he shows he’s completely lost in the rest of preseason. If he gets hurt or shits the bed, then the kid gets his chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogriffjr, FlaJet, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If Teddy looks any good, he'll be the best QB the Jets have had since Pennington. Lets find someone to take that bum McCown off our hands.

BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

This is too funny.... only one preseason game in and we are already considering the Giants as trade partners :rolleyes:

LarryAlRalph, joe and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Bum will be leaving come the end of the season...to coach and rah rah on the sidelines..and then no back up QB who is halfway decent !!!!

REMEMBER GUYS if you want a SB a good insurance policy is to have a capable back up...just ask the Eagles!!

What if Sam gets hurtand we on cusp of playoffs? (Wishful thinking ,,but still a smart move to save TB)
    I say make life real comfortable here for Teddy and we avoid the Geno Smiths as Plan B

My goodness ..we have never looked so good at the QB position...why upset the apple cart???

#20 NYJetsO12, Aug 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.