Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just watched it 5 more times. good throw, not underthrown. could have been a bit more outside but not gonna complain about that

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm no Mayfield fan but he showed everything you hope to see from a rookie.
    My biggest negative was , he looks small. It could very well become an issue vs starting defenses.
    I'm looking forward to your throw by throw critique of Darnold tomorrow.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm not hell bent on defending him lol... dude you got issues

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

He didn't show any accuracy improvement which was my main issue with him. he also didn't show good vision. Largely unimpressive overall. he did show calmness and ability to scramble which is good but hardly enough to make a good QB. i also idn't see any deep throws over the middle somehting lacking in his college game as well. teams are gonna push WRs outside in the season and make him try to make those throws he hans't made before. he still looks like a limited QB you have to plan around. not what you want form a top 3 pick.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Translation: You can't

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!

BomberJet likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Conclusively, SolidGoldBowles and LF911SC have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they are clueless and have zero understanding of what they are seeing when they watch a football game. Poof! Any shred of credibility that they ever had is now gone.

Harpua likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm not a Baker Mayfield fanboy by any stretch, but I saw a young competent QB playing very well against the Giants. I saw accurate throws with A LOT of zip. Mayfield was very impressive IMO. A tad on the short side but other than that, Cleveland more than made up for the Manziel fiasco when they drafted Mayfield.

9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Conclusively? LOL. Being clueless is a step up for you.

Not one of the crybabies can actually find a way to disprove what I said or SGBs Baker pass breakdown. Somehow a QB who was 5 of 12 at the half IS now accurate. What the hell, he was one completion better than 50%, spells ACCURATE. But why debate it for fun when you can just call someone clueless because you dont agree with them. Someones panties are twisted a little tight

Get over it. Hes not a Jet, will never be a Jet. We got the better QB but thats not enough for you. Dont ever call me clueless, nothing about what you've posted since Ive been here says you should talk about who is or isn't clueless. You aren't qualified or mature enough to insult peoples intelligence.

#169 LF911SC, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Funny, I though that completion% is != accuracy. I thought Baker made some good throws and some not so good ones. He didn't looked rattled at all. Yes he's short for a QB, but so are Wilson and Brees. He may very well become a bust, but it's too early to tell. Same goes for Allen, Rosen, and Darnold.

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Another thing that will work against him is just the division he plays in. The Browns I still sort of see as dysfunctional with a train wreck head coach and Haslam is a joke. 6 games a year vs. Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Cinci is very difficult. If Mayfield can go into Balt or Pitt and win I'd be very impressed. Even the Bengals who always get kicked around. Not too long ago they made the playoffs 5 years in a row. Even in some down years they were 6-9-1 and 7-9. That's a good program. They draft well.

Will Mayfield ever have the support and competence from the owner right down to quality control interns

Since November 23rd 2014 the Cleveland Browns are 4-49.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

honestly look at my write up, watch the video posted of all his plays and with my breakdown of each play, then tell me if you agree or not.

13. GasedAndConfused

why bother. u know he's a lost cause who was on bakers nuts even after cleveland drafted him and can only attack people because he can't make a valid point

LF911SC likes this.
  14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Until he fixes his footwork, I think he's going to continue having some accuracy issues. He's got happy feet. Doesn't plant and drive.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez.....even kotite was only 4-28.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Funny story. During the short lived Kotite era just the things my older brother used to say while we gathered around our small TV watching Jet games either down in the basement or up in the attic together.

At the time, I never really thought much about it but now thinking back, man some of the things he used to say - has stuck with me still to this day.

For example I can't remember if it were 1995 or 1996 exactly I just know it was under Kotite. All I remember we were playing Steve McNair, Eddie George & the Oilers right (as a kid I loved their uniforms) but yea I remember this day like an elephant. Like it were yesterday.

We were down in the basement his exact words "I can't wait for next year" turned the TV off and I think left the house.

I remember then turning the TV back on and watching the rest of the game alone lol now thinking back funny I always believed in the Jets for some reason.

At the time I had never had seen him that frustrated. He'd never just turned the game off or quit watching before. That's why I remember that game and those words so vividly. "I can't wait for next year".

Shortly after we landed Bill Parcells and I started to see another side of my brother. He was excited for Parcells like crazy. He loved Curtis Martin more than any Jets player, ever. But now looking back those Kotite days. Down in the basement. Those were the dark days Parcells saved this Franchise from the depths of Hell.

Damn so many childhood memories of our South Ozone Park Queens days as a family and especially my older brother the man who raised me and introduced me to both the Knicks & Jets as a child, his two favorite teams. I miss that house.

Being born in 1985 I must've been only what, 10-11 years old while he was in his young 20's during those Kotite days (now both young 30's & 40's lol).

CRAZY.

Sometimes i sit and wonder if we'll ever watch an NY Jets Super Bowl game together. The journey has been a long one.

But i wouldn't change it for the world of me. Memories I'll remember for literally ever.

Cidusii and mrjet80 like this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I don't even think Tampa Bay's record was that bad after their initial 53 games.....you have to go back to the Houston Oilers of the early 70's to see such a pathetic W/L record in back to back seasons....

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Nice story.....and that game was Dec 1996 played in the pouring rain in a three quarters empty Meadowlands........QB Neil O'Donnell slipped on the end zone paint during warm ups and missed the rest of the season and the Jets lost that game 35-10. I don't blame him at all for turning off that tv.....in fact that may have been the absolute low point of a miserable season....

19. forevercursed

Tampa was in the Conference Title game by year 4. That was a legit defense they built.

First 3 years they were 7-37. But by the middle of year 3 they were no longer a laughingstock

20. forevercursed

When we finally win a Super Bowl again I'm going to brag about watching that entire game. Which I did