Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Of course it does when you are talking about one of the best players in the league (Mack) vs. a guy who never played a down when he was drafted (Mahomes). Your straw man argument fails miserably when you insert real life examples in it. Otherwise your stance may have some merit.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I am a very young 64. Have always been very energetic and passionate. Most people who meet me think I'm in my early-to-mid 50s. My hair's thinning and getting a little gray mixed in. When I was your age, 64 sounded "old." Some days I feel "old," but most days do not and I think I am still young. I'll bet that when you get to be my age, you'll think similarly, and 64 won't feel or sound so old. LOL

3. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Only reason Reggie Nelson makes the roster is because he knows the new defensive coordinator defense. (ex Bengal Dc Guenther) . Gruden has these old veterans all over the roster. ( See Derrick Johnson at lb.) These old veteran are the mentors to the young kids.( how to watch film, and to be a pro.

Raiders like there safeties as Erik Harris , K Joseph,M Gilchrist, and Nelson. They will all play. The wild card is Obi Melifonwu . Like Conley missed all of last year to injury, and is currently battle an injury. ( has to prove in next three weeks that Gruden can count on him).

The Raiders totally rebuilt their CB position this offseason. Only question with Conley is his health. When Healthy he's a true number 1 CB. R Melvin had a breakout year with Colts last year and will start opposite him.( is he one year wonder?) Daryl Worley has been good cover CB ( panthers) that Eagles let go because of Dui ( probably looking at 2 game suspension) Nick Nelson was one of the top cover CB in college who fell to fourth because he hurt his knee working at for a team pre draft.( was suppose to go in second round) . He can play inside or outside. They have a lot of guys probably competing for one spot.

CB position is the Raiders biggest question mark. You play fantasy football you better do your research. Not just all about the Jets.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don’t think you know what a Strawman is; do you want to try again? Where did I misrepresent your argument and then dispute my version of it. I don’t understand why you would have been so defensive to a post that didn’t attack or criticize what you stated, simply disputed it.

Real life examples support what I asserted — unproven QB’s have historically gone for higher trade values than proven defenders, from Mahomes to RGIII.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO I did do my research. Anyone who did even a little research would see how wrong yoiu are. The problem is that you think you know it all, and you know nothing. Just because you see things differently doesn't mean that you're right and I'm wrong.

Yeah, the Raiders are happy with Marcus Gilchrist. ROFLMAO. He sucked when he played for us and he's several years older now. That tells me everything I need to know about your knowledge and perspective on this issue. Carry on with your delusions of grandeur. I'm done with this discussion with you.

If you're so smart, why don't you try creating some content. Use some original thought and create a thread that will lead to some interesting discussion. Don't just sit back and take pot shots at posts and threads of others.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Reggie Nelson's best days are far behind him. The safeties (in which I referenced in bold that are worth a damn) you referenced were strong safeties, and perhaps depth at the FS position, but Nelson is very much beatable down the field (probably should even start). I encourage you to take a look at the offer I provided in this thread. Conley played 2 games last year, so let's not crown him as the next Nnamdi Asomugha just yet.

Their entire secondary is an issue. FS, CBs 1-4 are not proven. Perhaps you should take your own advice ;)

7. JetsNation06

Mack is
    Well clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because you still haven't given a counter to my response. I'll lay it out for you really simple. You think that Mahomes was worth more at the time of his drafting than All Pro, future HOF LB'er Mack is currently in terms of trade value. You would be wrong in that assertion. Flat out wrong. Just because the Redskins were dumb enough to mortgage their future on RGIII does not mean that your example is the norm. It's much more the exception that a team makes a bold move (dumb in hindsight) like the Skins did for RGIII.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

You ain't old man. There are only two days in life. The day we're born and the day we pass on. Everything else in between is just the life journey.

Time. Year. Calendar. Age. Etc. It's all man made. It really does not exist.

Regardless if we're a newborn or 100 years. We're all really young. According to the moon, stars, planets, sun & universe; we are all very young.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Talk about comprehension disability. I never said the unproven QB was worth more than proven defenders, I said they go for higher value. Hugely different arguments entirely and it takes a real fucking moron to confuse them.

Now I understand why you were defensive — you’re just a fucking moron and you simply interpret any contrary position as an attack and thus defend yourself when no defense is necessary. If you are going to respond like you are attacked then I’ll oblige and simply attack you since that’s how you are clearly showing you want to engage in discussions.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Stafford is 30 and very likely will play out the 5 years remaining barring injury, same as any player in the league, plus some additional years.
    Smith is a little older at 34 but could easily play out the remaining 5 years of his contract. See Fitz and McCown. Neither near as durable or talented and still in the league

11. JetsNation06

LOL now that I called you out on your BS you have to resort to name calling. A true sign of an insecure, know nothing. If you said they go for higher value, how is that different than what they are worth (draft value and salary). They are not mutually exclusive items, you dingbat. They are both part of the value equation when you are talking about this particular QB and this particular DE/LB. Are you talking about monopoly here or something more your speed, fool?

Your original statement as it related to Mahomes and Mack is stil wrong. Mack has more VALUE than Mahomes. Nice try tho, spin douchebag!!!

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Both Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack are at a standstill and a stalemate with one another. Both holding out. Both 27. Both drafted the same year. Both wanting to become the NFL's highest paid defensive player. And both waiting for one another to set the market value.

That's what's really going on. It's a pissing contest.

13. TonyFtLaud

Its been posted already.

14. The thing is even if they both somehow get to UFA doesnt the stalemate just continue? Someone has to blink first unless theyre gonna sign the exact same deal hold hands & sign the dotted line on the count of 3

15. TonyFtLaud

Donald will blink first. He has more to lose. Remember he held out last year and lost an accrued season. Another one would make him an RFA vs UFA.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Paul Guenther only asks his safeties to play half the field.( why Reggie Nelson lack of speed isn't a big deal. The guy very reliable tackler, and has instincts.( eight interceptions last year
    We all remember Marcus Gilchrist playing with the Jets. Wasn't that great, but what does have to do with anything? Some players are poor scheme fits in one defense, versus another defense. (Depends what the scheme / defense calls for). Like defensive lineman some players are better in one gap scheme , versus playing two gap scheme. Like for CB - you're a cover two CB , and a team asks you to play man to man. ( think you get the point I'm making).

Case in point Reggie Nelson who has clearly lost a step , and probably couldn't play safety for a lot of teams anymore. . He can play in Guenther's defense because the safeties only have to cover half the field. ( lack of speed isn't as important). Being a reliable tackler, and having good instincts.
    Is Reggie Nelson going to be fulltime starter at FS. Of course not.

Either Erik Harris ( has a great chance to win the starting job) or Gilchrist should be the starting FS, with K Joseph the Ss. All four safeties will play.

Btw I read an article where Guenther( Raiders DC) said he would hire Marcus Gilchrist as a coach the day he retires. Says he's the smartest player he ever coached. ( unbelievable if we just go by what he did in New York.

#196 Ohnoit'sGeno, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

oh wow, te other way hahaha 20 years though give or take

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No he didn't, he had 1 interception last year. He's not a good safety at this juncture in his career. He is not a good cover safety anymore.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio from La Canfora that Donald is getting close to sign, no later than by the second pre-season game

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I would trade a first and our second rounders until the end of time :)