Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

make it happen Tanny

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

2 firsts? no way is he worth that. Von Miller yes, Mack is no Von. no team will trade for him without coming to terms on a new contract and if he gets more than Von, no team is giving up 2 firsts, maybe not even one first. i can see maybe a 1st and a conditional 7th, more likely a 2nd and a 5th or something like that. he's not worth a kings ransom

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Personally, I don't think there is much of a gap between Mack and Miller. Some would say Mack is better.

LF911SC likes this.
  4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Go get Khalil Mack, Mac.

FJF likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Following up on my last post, and assuming the price is a first and a third, you are essentially spending :

2018 first
    Two 2018 seconds
    2019 first
    2019 second
    2019 third

On Sam Darnold and Khalil Mack.

Do you do that?

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You obviously think you know it all, so it doesn't matter how I respond, more than likely, you'll have something negative to say about it or disagree, so I'm not going to get in a long discussion with you about this. One's priorities will determine who is better. By that I mean are you talking about having a better unit only for the upcoming season or more long term.

For instance, the Jet's CB corps is better. Our starting duo of Johnson and Claiborne are better than their duo of Gareon Conley and Rashaan Melvin. Conley was pretty highly rated in the draft but hardly played last year and has had off-field distractions. Melvin has bounced around several teams during his five-year NFL career. He had a good year for the Colts last year, but they didn't like him well enough to keep him. Our depth is also better. Their own fan site silverandblackpride.com said that their depth isn't very good and most of them are on one-year "prove it" deals.

Our DTs are definitely better than theirs. Their DEs are definitely better than our OLBs.

Our safeties are better and deeper.

I'm not sure about our LBs, but think ours are probably better, and silverandblackpride.com isn't very high on their LBs.

Their starting QB is better than ours.

If their top 2 RBs can stay healthy they are much better than ours, but that's a pretty big question. Marshawn Lynch is 32 and has taken a lot of hits. Doug Martin hasn't been able to stay healthy in his career. He has only played all 16 games in 2 of his 6 seasons in the NFL, and he's 29. Jalen Richard's 24 and explosive. If McGuire gets healthy and suffers no lasting effects and our other RBs stay healthy, our RB corps could possibly be not that far behind the Raiders in terms of production.

We don't have anyone as good as Amari Cooper, but we have better depth. Jordy Nelson is 33, coming off a major injury and GB didn't even want him back after the great player he was for them. Martavis Bryant is supremely talented, but a headcase/cancer and is in Gruden's doghouse because he can't even learn the playbook, so he may not even be on their final roster. Seth Roberts has been a pretty good player for the Raiders. Ryan Switzer has potential but hasn't done much in the NFL yet. As a whole, I like our unit better.

At TE they have Jared Cook who is better than anyone we have at TE. He's a good receiver, but is 31 and must not be a good blocker or teammate because he's bounced around a lot and no team has kept him for more than the 4 years his initial team, the Titans, did. Lee Smith? He's 30 and a JAG. Even their 3rd string TE, Derek Carrier, is 28 and is a JAG. I like the youth and potential of our TE corps. For just this season, the Raiders' TEs could be more productive/better, but over the next 3-4 seasons I'll take ours.

Even their OL isn't as good as it was a couple of years ago. They're probably better than ours, but maybe only marginally so. Their interior 3 are head and shoulders above ours, but our OTs may be a good bit better than theirs. The one really good OL they have is Gabe Jackson, OG. Their other OG, Kelechi Osemele is pretty good, and I wanted the Jets to sign him this offseason but evidently Mac had no interest. Their starting OL is Kolton Miller who many experts thought was not that good an OL prospect and was way overdrafted (a reach) by the Raiders. Their starting RT? Breno Giacomini. We know that he sucks. Rodney Hudson is a good center and definitely better than anyone we have.

So overall, I think we have a deeper, more-talented team than the Raiders.

LF911SC likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. I could see it being something like our 1st and getting mack and a 3rd or 4th back. Would suck to not have any picks in the 1st 2 rounds but our cap room situation is part of the bargaining. like when houston gave cleveland a draft pick to take a player and his cap charge off their hands. Anything is better then nothing and oakland knows that and mac has a good relationship with Oak (they made the fake hack trade with us)

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

it makes no sense for the raiders to trade mack now, unless they are absolutely blown away with an offer. they will be to get the same kind of offers mentioned in this thread in the offseason ... macks hands are tied with the fifth year option. they will make him play this year and then look to deal him

9. NCJetsfan

If you can't see our #1 pick at the top of the poll then you're blind and your reading comprehension isn't very good, either! My point was not to put together a package of OK players for Mack. That was your interpretation. I just threw out some possibilities to get the conversation started. I didn't make a point or have a specific point in mind, as I actually am not sure whether or not it would be worth it to trade for him, and am on the fence about it. He's a great player and would make our D great, but he's already 27, and there are supposed to be some very good-great OLB prospects in next year's draft. Also, as I stated, I'm not sure what Gruden thinks of the talent level of his roster or of ours.

I just thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion.

LF911SC likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I disagree. Mack could hold out into the regular season or choose to sit out the entire year. IMO Gruden isn't gonna tolerate that. I think that if they can't come to an agreement in the next couple of weeks, he'll trade him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yes

12. playtowinthegame

Has anyone proposed Leonard Williams for Kahlil Mack?

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct but "kill the QB" is also a two-way street and goes hand-in-hand with "protect your own most important player."

A great pass rush will indeed cover up a lot of warts. However that point's moot if your QB's on the shelf.

Give me e.g. a 7-year younger Nick Bosa on a cheap rookie contract, shore up the OL while bearing in mind (money-wise) the number of Jet free agents in 2019:

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/new-york-jets/

EDIT: one other thing: I would've like the Jets to have had a 4th qb scrub in camp this year if only to serve as as a safeguard (tackling dummy) during 4th quarter garbage time while playing with other soon-to-be-cut players: McCown's old and brittle, Teddy's young and brittle and Sam's not going to develop in the trainer's room.

#93 joe, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Leonard Williams for Khalil Mack. Done. :D

15. playtowinthegame

SHIP HIS ASS OUT! :D

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

totally on board with this. . . [​IMG]

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

gruden may wig out, but mack would lose out on about $17 mill if he sat out the season. i doubt he takes it that far ... i think he will report the day before week 1 like aaron donald and leveon did last year

LF911SC and TonyFtLaud like this.
  18. FJF

But you don’t get to walk in to the draft knowing who you will get and who will work out. You play the cards you hold now. If Mack is attainable you absolutely make the move. Always take the sure shot even if it costs more.

TonyFtLaud and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. FJF

Thanks for ruining lunch

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Exactly, when the million dollar game checks are on the line , Mack will be there.

All Gas No Shake likes this.