Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

According to an article on the Star Ledger, "Magic" Mike McCagnan went on ESPN Wednesday afternoon and said that "adding an edge rusher or outside linebacker is 'an area we're focused on.'"

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/nfl_trade_rumors_khalil_mack_to_jets_mike_maccagna.html

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=24320822

The article (by Matt Stypulkoski) suggests that if Khalil Mack and the Raiders can't come to terms and he continues to hold out that possibly he might become available.

If so, would you trade for him? Again, if so, what would you give up in terms of players and/or draft pick(s) to get him?

According to silverandblackpride.com, prior to the 2018 draft the Raiders' biggest needs were at OT, ILB, DT, CB, WR and RB.

Here's Oakland's Depth Chart according to Ourlads.com: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/OAK

At WR, the Raiders have Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson, Seth Roberts, Martavis Bryant (who has been out), Isaac Whitney, Keon Hatcher, Marcell Ateman, Saeed Blacknall, Ryan Switzer, Johnny Holton, Dwayne Harris and Griff Whalen.

At RB the Raiders have Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, Jalen Richard and De Andre Washington.

The Raiders' CB position is a question mark with Gareon Conley, Rashaad Melvin, Shareece Wright, Leon Hall, Senquez Golson and Daryl Worley. Most of them are on one-year prove it deals.

The Raiders' DTs are Justin Ellis, Tank Carradine, Mario Edwards Jr., PJ Hall, Maurice Hurst, Ahtyba Rubin, Jihad Ward, Shakir Soto, and Eddie Vanderdoes.

The Raiders Safety position seems shaky with Reggie Nelson, Marcus Gilchrist, Karl Joseph, Erik Harris and Obi Melifonwu (who is way down the depth chart).

Their draft picks this year were 1) Kolton Miller, OT; 2) PJ Hall, DT; 3) Brandon Parker, OT; 3) Arden Key, DE; 4) Nick Nelson, CB; 5) Maurice Hurst, DT; 5) Johnny Townsend, P; 6) Azeem Victor, LB; 7) Marcell Ateman, WR

Perhaps putting together a package of players who could address multiple needs might get it done.
    The Jets seemingly have very good depth at S, ILB, CB, DL and WR.

Players the Raiders might find interesting are RB Trenton Cannon; WRs Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart, Terrelle Pryor, & Charles Johnson; ILB Kevin Minter; DL Xavier Cooper, Deon Simon, & Folorunso Fatukasi; OT Antonio Garcia; CB Darryl Roberts; S Terrence Brooks & JJ Wilcox,

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Khalil Mack is a pipe dream. I would give our first rounder without thinking much

3. I 100% want him.But i think we can get him w.o surrendering a 1st.Gruden is Cucky & likes to trade for players including veterans & esp QBs even as back-ups.

Bridgewater
    Powell
    18 & 19 3rd
    20 2nd

I know it sounds crazy given that the raiders already have Carr but i really believe if you dangled Teddy along w said draft picks Gruden would have interest as a back-up & as a way to push Carr.I get Teddy’s on a 1 year deal.I get the knee issue.I truly believe Gruden is this insane.I also think Bilal Powell is a Gruden style player that he’d find a place for

I truly believe this or a package like this would get it done.I think they may want the cap space so that gruden can go grocery shopping in 2019.

*One other thing to consider is sending a an edge back their way.Obviously its not gonna be a comparable talent or producer but perhaps a Jordan Jenkns or Josh Martin.

#3 KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to have Khalil Mack on this team I don't think I'd trade a first for him. We'd be giving a top 16 pick and we'd have to pay the man something around or more than 114M which is what Von Miller got.

TonyFtLaud and joe like this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The guy's one of the premiere players in the league. It would take a king's ransom to get him. Multiple 1st rounders at least. Not worth it for this team as currently constructed when the Jets need so many pieces. They need to keep their valuable draft picks and it's up to Maccagnan to draft guys who can potentially turn into the next Mack.

All Gas No Shake, TonyFtLaud and joe like this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

without a number 1? hahahh yea ok.......you shouldnt even start the thread if youre not starting with our number 1

Bowles Movement, TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

If we were to sign Mack. OMG.

I'm all for Le'Veon Bell but you'd be an idiot to select the #1 and/or top 3 NFL RB in Bell, over (hands down) the #1 outside pass rushing monster and NFL Defensive Player of the Year in Mack. Who's still in his prime years as an athlete.

I don't think he leaves Oakland though. I don't see how. Not without first applying the Franchise Tag to Mack not once, but twice; during consecutive offseasons.

My question is this:

Right now we've got the NFL's #1 cap space heading into next offseason.

Add K.Mack (and his potential salary to our roster).

How much cap space would we still have available and where would that rank us amongst other teams, cap wise?

Only asking because I'm no "Idzik" type of sakary cap guru.

#7 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would give a first for Mack absolutely. He would complete the defense. Jets really only have to pay Leonard Williams this coming off-season and Robby in 2 yrs. If Gruden wants players, Middleton, Powell and Bridgewater come in play IMO.

FJF and BacktoQueens like this.
  9. JetsNation06

It would take 2 firsts minimum. Asking price would be steep.

10. 101GangGreen101

If Gruden wants 2 firsts then he will never find a deal. They can tag him I believe, but the Jets could win the FA sweepstakes.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I would trade a first rounder, plus a fringe player or two, but that's probably about it as we'll have to pay him quite a bit also.

Not sure that would be enough to get Oakland to bite, but if they assume we'll suck then that would be a valuable 1st rounder.

12. BacktoQueens

They can ask, but they won't get that..

Also remember an early first is worth as much as two late firsts.

13. JetsNation06

DPOY two years ago and a "generational player" as Long dubbed him is worth much more than one 1st rounder. The more likely scenario is the Raiders franchise him and he's there for 2 more years.

14. JetsNation06

Not for a player of Mack's caliber.

15. BacktoQueens

Whether a high first is enough to seal a deal is unknown, but I don't see the Raiders getting 2 firsts.
    When was the last time a team gave up 2 firsts?

I remember when we completely fleeced Tampa with MeShawn, but that was a long time ago (and a terrible trade for Tampa).
    Since the rookie salary cap, first rounders are even more valuable.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

How much cap space would we have left after adding Mack's potential salary?

Come next offseason we're #1 in available cap space. About where would we then rank amongst other teams after adding Mack's player salary?

17. 101GangGreen101

Then Mack will walk and the Raiders get nothing. Also Gruden is a major wild card.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Garropolo went for a 2nd,Sheldon Went for a 2nd,Cooks went for a late first & 6th but they got a 4th back..

It may cost a 1st given Mack’s status but lets not go crazy here..market value states hes not gonna cost a kings ransom

19. JetsNation06

The Chiefs in 2017 gave up two firsts and a 3rd to move up to No. 10 and get Mahomes. Now we're talking about an unproven commodity in Mahomes at the time this trade commenced. Compare that to a known elite future HOF'er like Mack. He'll probably end up staying with Oak on the franchise tag unless they get a ridiculous haul for him or they're just completely brain dead which isn't a stretch for that franchise.

20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Except there is no chance of getting him for only a 1. People believe that would get it done? Really?? They drafted him with a 1. Why would they trade a young Pro Bowl player with a long career ahead of him for what they paid for him?

Only choice that comes close is picks and players. Depends on each