Green and White Scrimmage 2018 (Rutgers Stadium)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Shoutout to this guy. Team drills start around 9:20

2. jetfan2k3

jetfan2k3 Member

3. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I agree re Rosen. I think he is a couple of head shots from an early retirement

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Mayfield too. He supposedly suffered two concussions during the same game after failing to alert his coaching/medical staff after the 1st one.

I had many question marks about Mayfield coming out of school. His off the field personality, his lack of "ideal" Franchise QB size, his lack of speed despite looking to break the pocket and run almost as much as Lamar Jackson, the spread offense Oklahoma runs along with a conference full of 50+ point games due to laughing stock conference defenses etc etc but the icing on the cake, for me to say no, were his previous concussions.

Rosen too. Heading into the draft I loved everything about his game as a QB. Just the concussions. They scare me. I automatically think of Sidney Crosby (NHL).

Call me simple. Basic. By the books etc but as a fan I've never been excited over the thought of drafting a RB with ACL injuries from college and I don't want to draft a QB with multiple head concussions consisting of trauma to the brain either... Before first even playing his 1st NFL game at that.

Who knows. Maybe playing through head concussions is part of life for NFL players. Happens to so many. But after seeing what happened to Wayne Chrebet (retirement at 32 years of age) I'd rather not draft a QB 1st round with multiple head injuries before taking a single NFL snap under Center.

Just don't like the sound of it.

5. Bowles Movement

To your point-Just heard that Pats first rd pick Sonny Michel has cartilage problems and swollen knee after ACL surgery. What a shame

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from, can't argue with your general philosophy or opinion, and in fact, agree with it with the caveat that one has to look at things on a case-by-case basis rather than making a hard and fast rule. I will say that with regards to Mayfield, both of his concussions were minor and he's never had any other problems. You are mistaken about his looking to break the pocket and run almost as much as Lamar Jackson. First and foremost, Mayfield was always looking to pass first, and often ran around to buy time to give receivers a chance to get open. He was not looking to run the ball. When he ran, it was because no one was open or he had a wide open field ahead of him and it was easy gimme yardage.

7. NCJetsfan

Man, I hate to hear that. I love Michel and would have loved it if the Jets could have drafted him. I hope that the Pats will dump him like they did Antonio Garcia, and then Michel can go on to star on another team.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Bowles Movement

They were talking about it on Sirius NFL knocking the Pats for drafting someone in the first rd that is not likely to have a long career. There was speculation that the Pats had started the injured rumors so that he would still be there when they drafted. But now his knee is swollen and supposedly he has bone on bone

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Looked around this a.m. and still no sight of the full scrimmage as far as I could find.
    I hate the Cheats as much as the next guy, but that's too bad if true about Michel. That aside, it wouldn't surprise me if the Cheats tried to cheat with injury rumors seeing as it's their modus operandi, but what a way to have karma bite them in the ass. The Cheats, I'm telling you (and I've said it a million times) one of these days - and it could be 20 years from now - someone is gonna lose their fear of retribution and spill the Boston beans for a payday/book deal. I'll wait.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Oh boy.

If he has bone on bone now, he’s in for a long life and almost certainly will require a knee replacement.

Just found out I have bone on bone in one of my shoulders from years of pitching and heavy weight training.

Doc told me to shut down all heavy weight training and to change my lifestyle immediately.

35 yrs old.

Edit: they can inject chicken guts into the joint to emulate cartilage. But I am not sure if that is to mitigate pain or further structural damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

As much as we hate the Pats, they didn’t start the rumor. It was reported when he was back at Georgia that he might have bone-on-bone and there were a bunch of medical red flags leading up to the draft.

Can’t imagine Bellicheat planned that out months in advance.

This wasn’t like Shula starting the Marino coke rumors.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I agree and wait for that day as well.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm glad people are excited but there's too much rah-rah bullshit in the video of a practice for me to handle

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

KurtTheJetsFan and stinkyB like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Sorry to learn that!!

Chicken guts? Whoa I wonder who discovered that.

GQMartin likes this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Frankenstein.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He had fluid drained from the knee and is expected to miss 10 days. He had ACL surgery in High School.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, my left shoulder's torn to shreds. Started with a skateboard SLAM when I was 20.... compounded by several repeat injuries (doing various things) and 30+ years of paddling a surfboard. Knees are shot too (hooray for shitty family genetics.... granted I'm not the most sedentary person)

The injections have minimal success, my old man already had both knees replaced, and did some of that beforehand

19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I was talking to a guy who just got stem cell therapy on his knee cartilage.

He seems happy with it.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m a candidate for that too. It’s not covered by medical which stinks.