If Saquon Barkley is as good as advertised is it a stretch to say the Giants could have

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Aug 4, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The best, most explosive, most balanced offense since the Greatest Show on Turf?

A future HOF veteran QB in Eli, OBJ, that TE they selcted in round 1 last year etc. they are absolutely loaded on that side of the ball.

They have enough D I think.

I thought last year was going to be the best team they've ever had they had some locker room problems, injuries so it didn't happen.

I was off by a year.

The Giants are gonna be good in 2018 really, really good.

The 2018 Giants-Eagles games are gonna be epic.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

His game should translate well to the NFL, I'm a big Penn State fan and watched his whole career there, in his final season every team would assign 2 people to tackle him on every play, he can run with speed , power, block, and has great strength, elusivness and is an extremely dangerous pass receiver, the total package, he squats 650 lbs and weighs 233 lbs

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They have potential, but I'm not convinced they are better than the Cowboys, and they aren't close to the Eagles.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Their OL was crap last year. Didn't follow what they did during off season but if they didn't take care of OL they won't win more than 7 games.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That line is still very questionable. The tackles might be the reason they don't win the division.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its risky because they are betting on Eli in an already stacked NFC to take them to the Super Bowl. Barkley could be great, but runningbacks alone aren't usually the difference makers when it comes to carrying your team to a Super Bowl. I also hate OBJs attitude and don't think hes a team player. Its really hard for me to think the team who picked #2 in the draft is gonna go all the way next year.

7. Brook!

My two knucklehead boys are Giants fans due to peer pressure at their middle school. Couldn't convert them to Jets and honestly I didn't try much either. They also are Yankee fans and Devils fans. Well long story short I kind of hate Giants due to their fans but also won't mind if they are somewhat successful. I know this year I will have to take knuckleheads to at least 1 or maybe 2 Giant games.

GQMartin likes this.
  8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

They signed Solder from the Patriots and drafted an early 2nd round guard. They should be improved, especially since oline and running game were their 2 biggest weaknesses. That plus Barkey should give Eli much more time in the pocket, plus having Odel back is huge.

#8 Sam Hammer, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  9. Brook!

I agree. Who is their GM now? Looks like he did a good job upgrading the OL. Actually still dumb to pass on a franchise QB while picking #2.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Eli is either super hot or cold. Not reliable.

RB - Barkley should be dominant.

WR - OBJ is top 3 in talent in my opinion, talent at this position severely drops off after this. Shephard is overrated.

TE - Decent rookie campaign. We'll see if he can continue it.

O-line - Decent

Most explosive? Probably not. But should be decent to watch.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Brook, you really spoil those brats rotten, you know that?

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

Lol. So true D. They don't mow the lawn, they don't shovel snow. I end up paying for those services. They are living the good life. But at the same time they are 12 only and as long as they do well in school they can enjoy the luxurious life.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gettlemen, former Panthers GM. Also was in the Giants FO for a while before going to Carolina. He sounded like he had no plans to trade down or take a QB at 2.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Thanks EF. After the job change it was hectic and didn't follow anything other than Jets. If he really had no plans to trade down or pick a QB he seems like he is betting the house on Eli. Eli is done and he will haunt the Giants. This was a great draft to pick a QB and they blew it and went for a RB. Football changed. Everything is about QB's in this new league and seems like this guy is still living in the past.

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

4 out of the last 5 seasons, since 2013, the g-men have finished in either 3rd place or last place in the NFC EAST division. During that span their combined record is 33-47...Our Jets during the same time frame went 32-48.

I don't see how drafting a running back will change that trajectory. In my honest opinion, the Giants will be at the bottom of the NFC East for the 2nd year in a row.
    They'll likely melt down this season again because they're o-line is pourous, Eli is all but finished like his brother Peyton, and those cancerous personalities will again rear their ugly heads when the losses start to pile up.

The fickle millennial types will unfollow/stop rooting for the Giants....Beckham will want to play for the Jets.

#15 playtowinthegame, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  16. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Nate Solder is a real good LT Will Hernandez had a 1st round grade. I think their OL is much better then last year Saquon or Beckham pick your poison.

themorey likes this.
  17. Dierking

Terrible. My dad rode me mercilessly, worked me to the bone and got me hooked on the Jets.

I love the guy, but now that I think about it, what an asshole.

TonyFtLaud, stinkyB and themorey like this.
  18. Brook!

Apple didn't fall far from the tree. You are an asshole too. Lol. But seriously, this year they are in the growth spurt. One of them is already over 5 inches. So starting this winter shoveling starts and next summer mowing the lawn starts.

19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I had 2 brothers, but I was the one who usually did things with my father. I once asked him why I was the one who always had to shovel snow. He said, “Why do you think I had you?”

Thanks for the self esteem issues, Dad!

Brook! likes this.
  20. Dierking

Good luck with that. Trust me here. Getting an adolescent to do something he doesn’t want to is going to be pretty unpleasant if you don’t have them chore-oriented by now.

Brook! likes this.