Manish impressed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LF911SC, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why's it have to be a source who loves Sam Darnold? Why can't he just have the right to love what he's seeing out of our rookie QB himself? I remember reading an article pre-draft where Manish was gushing over Sam.

NYJalltheway and LF911SC like this.
  2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Mehta is a jock sniffing, ball gargler and a lazy, muckraking, hack of a writer.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

He may or may not have gotten info from Pettine, a long time rumor never proved. Funny is that Rex has no problem with a guy who is accused by fans of being a mouthpiece. if true a mouthpiece who was trying to sabotage Rex. Who if he was risked his entire career to get info out to a writer. Why? How would this help Pettine? Espcially without proof.

No one talked to him about Mo, at least initially. He said Mo looked fat and out of shape at an offseason event and it started there.

That he would seek out a rehash whats told to him about Sam also flies in the face of all that have claimed before the Pettine rumors is just a shit stirrer looking for clicks for the NYDN.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I certainly don't care about the opinions of writers about anything, since that has absolutely no bearing on what matters, which is performance on the field. Mehta may be right and he may be wrong, but either way it has absolutely no relationship to anything that matters to me. Everyone will get the chance soon enough to see if Darnold is way ahead of the curve, where you'd expect him to be, or behind the curve, and within a month or so Bowles will announce who is actually going to be starting. All the rest is just noise.

As to whether Mehta has changed or not, unless he's an idiot I'd say it's pretty obvious that he has had to carefully plan out his strategy at the News. Working there now as one of 9 reporters left is a hell of a lot different than working there in the past as one of 25 reporters. If he wants to keep his job he'll post the kinds of tweets that his editor wants him to post, and I have no trouble believing that right now positive ones about Sam Darnold are that kind of tweets. If that changes, I imagine so will the nature of his tweets.

KurtTheJetsFan, GQMartin, FJF and 3 others like this.
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Bruh. :eek:

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The article did give specifics, him stepping up in the pocket to avoid Henderson, or him reading a correct blitz and hitting the hot route.

He’s in the advanced level of play calling already. We have all said it on this board, the only way for a FQB to grow is to be given time on the field so the game can slow down for him.

If Darnold is playing well enough to be named the starter, then go ahead and play him so he can start getting some experience.

This year is a mulligan for the jets, the best thing that can happen to them is that Darnold starts and builds a good foundation with a team that no one expects anything from, no pressure on them from fans, media or owner.

7. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

He could have taken all this from countless articles and coach quotes since Sam was in his last two years of HS through college. Least we forget the article about the Jets GM scouting Sam at USC and hearing about Sam when he was still on the scout team from one of our coaches.

We just have to wait if it translates to the NFL.....but this buzz is not new about Sam.

Kris 15 and LF911SC like this.
  8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

because he is a writer and bases everything that he writes on sources. i've seen your homer act over and over again, writers don't think like you do, fella. they want to be right and the only way they can do it is by getting people to tell them what reallity is. he is not a football scout. if you ask him what technique any of the dlineman play he is going ask somebody on the team what technique they play. stop being stupid and romantic.

FJF likes this.
  9. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

another romantic. you try to act like an expert but its pretty obvious to everyone that you know nothing.

lol

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree. For now on, let's just say that he's better than Hackenberg.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. LF911SC

No, but it is new when talking about Jets draft QBs. lol

12. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

As the resident Manish groupie, I approve this message..he’s kinda like trump..not what you want, but what you need!!

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

what in the fuck. BTW keep politics out of it.

Bowles Movement and Stevied like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How is any of this important? What would anyone expect him to say? How much more noncommittal could a coach be?

15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Haha you’re right..

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its also a bit of a bullshit to say he learns from and deals with mistakes well. Were talkin about practice here, we have no idea how he will deal with mistakes. That's still very much up in the air. Throwin an INT during 7&7s or grabass doesn't mean anything, no wonder he "deals" with that well.

The best we can say is that he isn't Ryan Pansyhill, crying at practice squad players when they intercept him in practice. Which is good for sure, but I wouldn't say he deals with mistakes well just yet

Acad23 likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thread gets locked in 3....2.......

Stevied likes this.
  18. LF911SC

You didn't read the article did you? You know he hasn't learned from his mistakes how? From your computer? He couldn't have fixed a read error, blocking assignment, etc etc.

What a kill joy. Someone wrote something nice about the player who has energized the team and fan base but you're going to tell all how it's nonsense. Good

19. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

This. A couple positive articles don’t erase all the bullshit and negativity he has heaped on the Jets for years.

I swear some fans will accept a ticking bomb as long as it’s wrapped with a pretty bow.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mehta IMO is a POS and always will be.

tooooon and GQMartin like this.