Sam Signs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You did say " there have been 30 comparable players who have gotten contracts that supposedly don't include this language. That's why I said that if it's true this becomes the Jets' fault, not Darnold's, since this is not the time or player to start adopting a policy that no other team in the league that has had a top 3 pick has implemented."
    Both Mayfield and Allen have voidable clauses in their contracts.
    I'm not angry, just pointing out that just because Cimini tweets something doesn't make it true or correct.
    Either way, they got the deal done. Hopefully if / when the time comes to extend Darnold, it's much smoother.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's kind of a fucked up thing to post.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. I just edited a funny image on the internet. Seems correct right?

Dear Jet beat writers. If you steal this and use it on your twitter I will sue you. Lol.

[​IMG]

4. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

It was, but Sam got the last laugh.....good kid that just became a millionaire, and least likely to throw it away on blow, gaudy bling, cheap women and fur coats.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Thank God. It's over and done with somehow. Who cares who won and who lost let's just all hope Sexton keels over before any sort of new contract has to be drawn up for Sam. Had a nice little moment with him running out to the slow clap (initiated by Adams)

This was so close to become a SOJ circus but cooler heads prevailed. Now we just hope 14 stays health for the remainder of his career and wrestles this job away from McCown and Bridge. You could tell just how relieved he looked to have this over and behind him

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

This is truth. Hopefully he becomes what we all want him to become along the way.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm pretty sure it will be really hard for Sam to find "cheap" women in his new world. Most of them will be pretty expensive and most likely prospecting for gold. :)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. TrojanPride

True, but I meant Kardashian cheap....you can have all the money in the world, and still be a skank.

Believe me, he went to a school filled with young ladies who come from more money than Sam....I'm pretty sure he'll be in his home town of San Clemente in the off season.

Or, he could marry a Song Girl, like Ryan Kalil of the Panthers...

Cman68 likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Aaron Judge, Kristaps Porzingis and Sam Darnold need to get together and chill as the 3 new kings of N.Y.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sounds good but Sam has to earn it first.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Enough of this worry shit and on to training camp. Go Sam. Our savior is here. Let this year be the year of development for Sam's dynasty

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

How can I have this post framed?

13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bingo. If he's earned the right to a contract like that then you know he's done something remarkable.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When you start to talk derogatorily about fur coats you've gone too far in Jetland.

[​IMG]

15. Cman68

If you did a wiki search on the work "skank", I bet a picture of Kimmy would come up!. Sam's world will never be the same. $30mil has a way of changing things around a person and it will be a struggle to keep a middle class existence with that kinda cash on hand. His character and upbringing will certainly be tested in the coming years and hopefully, this young man can stay grounded and not forget where he came from.

TrojanPride likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Where he came from? Dude went to USC. Whether he paid or not the place cost 50k a year before living expenses. He’s already been surrounded by wealth and privelage.

17. Cman68

50G's isn't a lot of money for tuition anymore for private universities. I don't think he was in Rosen's "silver spoon" class but even if he was, $30mil dollars (20mil upfront) is life changing.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

30? I'll take 3 :)

Cman68, donkey, Doreblade and 2 others like this.
  19. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I just pray that Sam doesn't get a crippling addiction to the finest Beluga caviar and buying Faberge eggs. Wait, does that not fuck up his football game? Never mind! It's fine Sam, do whatever the fuck you want as long as you don't eat Beluga hot dogs on the sidelines during games.

20. TrojanPride

True. At USC, the SID scheduled his media obligations around his classes (he took seriously) and his weekends he went back home to family and old friends. My point is, it's not as if he wasn't surrounded by privilege, with of course, the neighborhood kids that USC mentored to attend USC on a full academic scholarships.

If he looks toward a fellow alum like Troy Polamalu, Tony Boselli, Matthews brothers, Anthony Munoz, etc. as an examples of how a professional player conducts himself, on and off the team, he'll do just fine.

NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.