New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

better for business yes. No, it does not make sense to give fans a "heads up." Everyone already knows the Jets and the NFL are greedy bastards anyway. so they just take a year of declined revenues for no goodwill.

I suspect they dropped the story anyway not to give fans a "heads up" but to distract them during the Darnold saga. The Jets are a short-term thinking, small time organization and that's a short term / small time move

HomeoftheJets, alleycat9 and stinkyB like this.
  2. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Teams have to announce it ahead of time. Found the below outlining the process. But this 100% is meant to distract from the contract negotiations.

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs in such season.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's the first thing I thought when I got the email.
    Pretty F&^$%(^& stupid if you ask me

Ralebird likes this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Then you havent grasped the concept of long term commitment to the fanbase. It makes so much more sense to give the fans a heads up as opposed to turning them off looking like money grubbing owners. Not getting why fans actually give a shit that they'll probably lose some jersey sales to fans that are willing to wait for next seasons new jersey

As for the Darnold conspiracy theory, lol, they always announce the upcoming new jersey a year in advance. They have to. LOL, yeah, they hatched this idea up on friday. not knowing if he would be in on Sat. Or on Sat. not knowing if he'd be in on Sun.

BTW, Sam signed. Wonder if they'll keep the uniforms now

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Jets touted that to me in about 1975 when they coined the slogan "The NEW New York Jets." They also tried to upsell everybody on the number of seats but would not move me from the end zone bleachers to the permanent seats. "Send in your money and we'll see what we can do."

Have we seen a lot of "long term commitment to the fanbase" in the last 45 years?

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This explains why there have been an extremely limited selection of game/limited jerseys.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK thanks for the clarification. I thought you meant that there were some weird angle lines in the other unis. FWIW, I agree with you. Don't like the look of those weird angular designs.

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

After the shit job Nike did on the current uniforms, the different shades of green on the stomach, the weirdass neckline, I hope they find another company to work with.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Nike is the official provider of uniforms to the NFL, there are no alternatives

The multi color, multi material patches have been removed for some time

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Make this the home and we're golden.

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Also to those that are saying the Jets are dumb for announcing new uniforms for 2019 because who will buy in 2018.

I think the uniforms we have now will simply be knocked back in the rotation and become throwbacks that we wear once or twice a year. So they're really not disappearing forever we'll just see less of them

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is there really a specific home and away now? There was a time the home team got to choose what uniform they'd wear on a weekly basis so when you showed up on a Sunday you'd usually see the whites but sometimes it was green. You can see old Shea pictures with both.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No teams can change it up as they please. Home teams picks. Though I believe now they all do it before the regular season begins. Teams come out with a "uniform schedule"

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m not sure new uniforms = new logo

Doesn’t a new logo mean rebranding?

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Not sure I like the gray stripes on shoulders and white collar. They should be the same which ever color they choose.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I saw a post on IG from Chrebet where he said he hopes the team puts out 3 design choices and let the fans decide... that would be great.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. stinkyB

As a designer who's been involved in "public selections" before (directly and indirectly) ..... they rarely end well. Granted that was with direct public contributions, so maybe this would be different, but seems that it always get skewed somehow

18. stinkyB

Yeah, because a team that forced longterm season ticket holder to spend thousands on bullshit PSLs to keep their seats are concerned about being viewed as "greedy bastards" because they didnt announce a uniform change a year in advance to someone buying a $75 Jets shirt

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No, it would not be great.

I can imagine the voting being skewed by millions upon millions of kids constantly on their cell phones that follow Kim Kardashian and Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga. They'll pick the worst of the designs.

Having said that, maybe they should have let fans decide on the final design of our stadium. The idiots who picked that design must have been drunk.

For a very long time.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Fans having input would most certainly be a good idea .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk