New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Screw this new uniform crap.

2. I actually really liked some of the dark green agaist kelly green w white looks i saw recently..its become a popular look for alot of the classic green fifa clubs & it surprisingly looks very sheik & tasteful.Kind of an homage to the both of the eras of green.It just has to be done tastefully

https://cdn-vox--cdn-com.cdn.amppro...s/chorus_asset/file/11747237/GGNcontestB1.jpg

I dont like the overall design but i love where the color scheme is going

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah because puce and blaze orange would be so much better than green pants. You "guys" and your obsession with green pants is too funny!

Ralebird and LF911SC like this.
  4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Good look. Clean, simplistic, hearkens back to older uniforms with sleeker modern details. The collar in particular has a good look to it.

NCJets, K'OB, ukjetsfan and 3 others like this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I love when folks say “as long as they win they could wear hot pink polka dots for all I care”.

Until our 14-2 Jets show up at the AFC Championship game wearing hot pink polka dots and everyone is all “WTF?!?”

White helmets, one shade dark green.

Bill Parcells unis.

6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

There's is nothing different here. It's the same uniform we wore for years before they decided to trim out the numbers and letters with black and changed the facemask to black. Othing is sleeker or modern compared to my first Gastineau jersey.

Been there, no way that's ever the new uniform imo. Maybe as our alternative jersey for a special game.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I think an updated version of the 80s/90's uniform is most likely what we're getting. That's what most people seem to prefer.

Remember the image that inspired this push for new uniforms was an instagram mockup of an updated 80s/90s uni.

8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Thicker collars, thinner stripes and shorter sleeves is a sleeker, more modern look. It's a modern spin on a classic design, which is why I say it hearkens back. The mockup here is like the fitted, slim fit khaki look to khaki slacks.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The kid is right, these are fire. I like the more mint shade added to the kelly green too.
    Though I do agree with what someone said earlier that it does need to be matte helmets, that would tone it down and even everything out.

The only thing I'm just really opposed to is the weird angular lines, or capped shoulder panels that look pointed. Similar to the Under Armor college unis, please no.

#289 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Wasn't around at all last night to chime in. I see a mod took the liberty to update the thread title. About damn time! I wonder how much of an update we'll see.

Btw, totally think they announced this yesterday evening to distract us from Sam :confused: .

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fire as in "I'd like to burn those things"

12. LF911SC

Its the same uniform, hardly different. White collar was on the 80s look. Actually the numbers on the original where thicker and looked better IMO

Regardless, not a chance they prop these out. Its a new look theyre after, not a negligible change to a uniform we wore before

Greensleeves likes this.
  13. LF911SC

The "NEW LOOK" coming for the 60th year of the franchise will never be, nor should it be, a rehash of a uniform that fans who learned to love football in the 80s like. I would bet there are more fans who would prefer to keep the current uniform over that uniform. And I liked that uniform

TwoHeadedMonster and sozopol like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love this uniform and helmet. This is more of a kelly green than forest green. A matte helmet would be ok too, I love that helmet logo rather than the dumb football. I don't see any weird angular lines.

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Right, the lack of the weird angular designs is a good thing. Here's an example of weird angular designs as shoulder caps. It the new age college uniform look that doesn't quite translate to the pros well. Maybe as just an alternate one or twice a year but not as the base uni.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

pretty dumb business to announce you are getting new uniforms a whole year in advance.

A) as is the case with anything of this sort, a lot of people aren't gonna like them, naturally. So you create a scenario where you overhyped something that they view sucks
    B) No one is gonna buy jerseys in 2018. Why would you if it's going to be "old" in less than a year anyway?

17. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Group A will will quickly buy up the Group B stock as soon as the new unis are announced. Fingers crossed they don't blow this.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This would be a day 1 purchase for me. Wonder what home version would look like (I assume the white would be away).

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. LF911SC

So you think it would be better to let and to encourage people to buy a jersey etc, knowing full well that they will be replaced next year? Makes more sense to eat some jersey sales over coming off as greedy bastards who didnt give fans a heads up.

20. DarrelleRevis.Human?

If they go back to the lack of a helmet policy and allow for them to be changed throughout the season then home uniforms can just be reverse colors with white helmets.

(For those unaware currently the policy on helmets is that a player must wear the same helmet throught the entire season, for CTE resesrch purposes)