If the Jets somehow win the Super Bowl this season...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WesleyWuzTheMan, Jun 27, 2006.

?

If Jets win Super Bowl, how will Champ spin it?

1. The Jets weren't really tested because they had a weak postseason schedule.

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Vilma's multiple INTs and sacks and Super Bowl showed how selfish he is.

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Chad's 60-yard TD bombs exposed monodimensional offense.

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. 32 teams, 37 years - It's just the law of averages.

33 vote(s)
    39.8%
  5. Woody is now 0-7 in bringing consecutive SBs to Hempstead

31 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. Young10

Young10 Banned

Actually I havent, can you tell me who he is ?

2. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Champ is a very dour Jets fan. He alternately amuses and antagonizes many of the people on this board with his sourness about the team's fortunes and those of us who post about them in a less bleak way than him.

When the Titans have been around 30 years and experienced enough heartbreak, you will have your Champs, too.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Aside from wondering how many posters in this thread are still alive, let's get to the poll. If the Jets somehow win the Super Bowl this season, how will Champ spin it? Why wasn't there a Steve Serby option? Jets won another Super Bowl, but still can't win the big one.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Jets took (season they win the second Super Bowl - 1968) years to win their second Super Bowl. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why was this thread resurrected?

6. jetophile

Forget about Jesus. This thread is the Second Coming.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thank U for bringing this back from the the long ago past (12 years) because it shows that what I said 12 years ago is still in existence today. which means all of you who have bashed me over the years have been totally incorrect in your bashing. As for what my reaction maybe if the miracle ever occurred & with Bowles steering the jet that is most doubtful & since not one of you know me personally then all of U have not the foggiest idea how I would react if the miracle ever occurred but U can keep your hopes in your back pocket as I said B4 with Bowles as our pilot we will again flame out as we have done in very season beginning with the 69 season. If you choose to keep on bashing me U will be the ones who like like fools just as u have in this thread:mad:

8. jetophile

:mad::mad::mad:

FJF likes this.
  9. championjets69

U are a NYJ fan that roots with his heart instead of his brain & sees everything thru green googles so just keep up your foolishness as I will certainly enjoyed watching U make a fool of yourself this season + forthcoming season or at least until we can Bowles :mad:

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well I am bored ...I think I'll resurrect a thread about poor Champ and us winning a SB

Afterwards, my buddies and I will get sh%tfaced and find a bum to roll for quarters

11. championjets69

Yes, yes, yes why not I look forward to seeing my long ago posts to see how spot on they were & still are :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. 12 years later can we get an edit to “somehow win a super bowl in our Kid’s lifetimes”

13. championjets69

Just think of this my son now in his late 40s told me many years ago that the NYJs will never/ever win a SB in HIS lifetime so all you dreamers out there take heed of his words which will mean 3/5 years to maybe get us up to speed.. Today looking at the situation you have Bowles piloting our jet so even if he gets canned after this year & the new HC whom ever that maybe will want to turn over the roster to get rid of what he considers "deadwood" which for sure would included Rogers kid who could not make in the CFL but good enough to make it on the NYJs because his dad is a coach. So here U have brainless Bowles allowing this to happen. How many SBs do U think Bowles has in his brain?

14. championjets69

So where are those old posts you promised? :mad:

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If the Jets win the SB, it will go down as the biggest fix of all time.

16. championjets69

Many said what U posted especially Colt fans on Jan 13, 1969:)

17. jetophile

They'll make a movie out of it and call it 'The Manchurian Quizz Show'.

18. championjets69

Nah the NYJs are not a national team at this time with zero national following so IMHO the movie will be one big flop just like the NYJs have been starting with the 69 season:mad:

19. I think that they are a national team.Its an NY brand that won a very famous super bowl & has a strong legion of fans. The fans dont travel well in all markets but who wants to go to Kansas City or Minneapolis to get laughed at cause the team sucks?

Ive done alot of traveling & everywhere ive been ive crossed paths w. Other jet fans w.o fail.They arent the 22nd most valuable franchise in the world for nothing. I think what you mean is they arent a flagship team..and theres no argument there.

I actually think the national following & strong fan base has contributed to the issues w this ownership.Theres less pressure to prioritize winning over profit bc the fan base is conditioned to accept mediocrity. Until recently that is.In 2017 the jets were the 8th most valuable franchise in the world.8 to 22 in a year’s time is eye opening.Fans finally got fed up

20. championjets69

Well Kurt I have lived in TX for some years now & I have NEVER seen anyone wearing NYJ gear. Hope U R not 1 of the loony NYJ fans who roots with his heart rather then his head by putting us on the same level as say the NEP, DC, Steelers to mentioned just some of popular teams in the NFL:mad: