The Official DC Comics Film Universe Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 20, 2013.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Saw WAR for the Planet of the Apes last night. Really well made film. Excited to see what director Matt Reeves will do with his next film: THE BATMAN. Apparently he ripped up Ben Affleck's script and is starting over from scratch.

2. The Dark Knight

Cool to hear the Batman 89 Theme in the new Justice League film. (Go to 1:15 in the video)

3. The Dark Knight

JUSTICE LEAGUE was fun. It is a flawed film, no doubt, but much more enjoyable than Batman V. Superman or Suicide Squad. I think I liked it more than Wonder Woman even. These movies lately can't get villains right, and Steppenwolf is definitely another worthless villain, but I did enjoy Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and Superman working together. Superman stole the show. If you go in treating it like an episode of a series, instead of a standalone film, you can enjoy it more. Overall, a solid B from me. (Which is high praise)

zace likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I loved it, i still think BvS is a better movie tho. Much better than thor or anything marvel have produced lately. I'm hoping Black Panther changes that.

Still a fun movie. That's the point, it's not citizen kane or dead poets society or saving private ryan. Nor does it try to be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

Yeah, Black Panther looks good. And agreed about Justice League. Take it for what it is and you will have a great time.

Still not sure how you liked Batman V. Superman though. Haha. I've grown to not hate it, as the Ultimate Edition was better, but it is still bad.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I can type all day, and i dont think it would adequately explain why. I think if you heard what i think in person, you'd understand. I think BvS is an intelligent superhero movie. I kinda wish JL kept more of that in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’d rather go home and eat a dozen tacos with hot sauce, take a big soft shit, burn all the TP in my house and wipe my ass with my hand, not wash it, then eat a dozen more tacos than see Justice League after how horrid MOS and BvS were.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

$96 million opening weekend, which is the perfect result for the disaster that is the DCU... they’ve destroyed the goodwill of the audience and can’t even reach a $100 million opening with their biggest film.

9. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that is a pretty low debut for a film with Batman and Superman in it. And the newly popular Wonder Woman. Sad.

There were many factors.
    -Obviously bad reviews and buzz.
    -Coming out in November, 2 weeks after the successful and better Thor: Ragnarok.
    -As you said: destroyed good will after the disasters that were BvS and Suicide Squad

I still stand by that it is a fun film, but the current state of the DCU is definitely a mess.

10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I felt the characters were really poorly developed prior, and during, this film. There wasn't any emotional investment with any of them, except maybe Wonder Woman. The dialogue also seemed a bit forced between them when they suddenly turned buddy buddy. They really needed some standalone films to establish some of the others before rushing into a Justice League scenario (I didn't remember much character development in BvS, except MARTHAAAAAA). The bad guy was a bit boring as well.

Definitely doesn't help that I watched Thor the week before.

11. The Dark Knight

Agreed 100% with all of that.

12. The Dark Knight

This Tuesday is the 10th Anniversary of The Dark Knight. Hard to believe it has already been 10 years. Still my favorite comic book film. (No Shock)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JetBlue likes this.